Chromecast enhancements! Shared sync! More! OMG! - Plex Blog

Chromecast enhancements! Shared sync! More! OMG!

Hope you all had a great weekend! We have some exciting updates for you this morning, so without further ado, let’s jump into them. Grab your (full fat) latte!

Updated Media Server

We’ve been hard at work on the 0.9.9 series of the media server, as we (asymptotically) approach the big One Dot Oh. We’ve added scheduled tasks, partial scanning, support for more platforms, made it faster in many ways, and fixed a ton of bugs. You can read all the details in our server releases notes thread here. (Trivia: the first release of the Plex Media Server was on November 15th, 2008. That’s over FIVE years ago, which makes it older than some of our users.)

Shared Sync

You’ve been asking for this one for a while, and we’re thrilled to finally bring it to you. When you share media from a server, you now have the ability to optionally grant permission to sync from your server. Note that while the server must still have a Plex Pass, there is no requirement that the person you’re sharing with have a Plex Pass, so this makes the family scenario awesome. Different members of your family can use different accounts, but everyone can sync! In order to use shared sync: get the latest media server, latest iOS/Android apps, and go to the usual place to grant sync permission for each user.

2014 02 24 at 12 40 PM

Chromecast support for music and photos

We’re also incredibly pleased to bring you support for playing music and photos via your Chromecast. If it’s in your Plex library, you can now fling it over to the Chromecast, and we even support audio transcoding for formats which aren’t natively supported.

NOTE: You’ll need the latest version of the Android app for this to work, and the iOS app which supports this feature will be in the store in the near future.

ANOTHER NOTE: Have you ever seen The Shins in concert? They’re awesome.

Play music 2

Chromecast support for content mirroring

We weren’t content to stop at just playing media on the Chromecast. We’ve taken things a step further with content mirroring. What exactly is it? Well, as you’re browsing your library on your mobile device, we fling details for the item onto the big screen. It’s perfect if you’re sitting around on the couch with friends trying to decide what to watch. Below are some examples of content mirroring (we mirror movies, shows, episodes, artists, albums, and video clips from channels). All the beauty of Plex Home Theater on your tiny little Chromecast.

Mirror movie

Mirror artist 2

As a bonus feature, we’ve also thrown in a lovely background art slideshow for the “ready to cast” screen.

Enhanced video streaming for Chromecast

So let’s see – you can now play all media types on the Chromecast, as well as beautifully mirror content as you’re browsing. No other Chromecast app can do that. So what more could you possibly ask for? How about more reliable and efficient streaming of high bitrate video content? We have to admit it, we’re real media nerds here at Plex. We love the nitty gritty and the 0s and 1s and all the hard-core technology around media. So we’re pleased to announce that we hunkered down in the lab with lots of beer and came up with a better way to stream media to the Chromecast, which allows for most 1080p content to stream without needing to perform expensive transcoding. It also fixes some reliability issues we were observing with the older streaming method, and just overall makes video playback more solid on the Chromecast. So get the latest media server, and give it a try, we think you’ll be very pleased!

Barkley’s been sandier than usual these last few weeks…

Photo 2

1. foux February 25th, 2014 5:29 am

The 0.9.9 series is trully wonderfull, congratz’ on the job!

Regarding sync on shared libraries, do you consider allowing sync if the server isn’t a plex pass user, but the person it is sharing to is?

2. Kevin February 25th, 2014 5:38 am

Love these updates, can’t wait for 1.0 I’m sure you guys have something awesome planned for that release. I do believe Plex Home Theater needs some work. It is lagging terribly behind all your other products. Not saving position of where I left off when viewing shared servers, crashing constantly, odd numbers appearing next to the watched/unwatched circles, etc.

3. Joe E February 25th, 2014 5:43 am

I seriously look forward to these updates so much, its like an apple announcement for those apple fanboys to me. You guys are doing a great job. Keep up the great work!

4. David February 25th, 2014 5:43 am

Is there any way that content mirroring could be made optional for the chromecast? Basically the two big advantages of Chromecast for me were:

1) No need to hand out credentials or share libraries
    2) Didn’t have to let people view/browse your entire media library to play a single show or movie for them

This seems like it kind of gets rid of the 2nd advantage (in a way).

5. Jeremy P February 25th, 2014 6:16 am

To your trivia, My son was born December 9th 2008 and uses Plex every day :)

6. Stephen February 25th, 2014 6:16 am

So here is my question – can Chromecast replace my Core2Duo Mac Mini as my main Plex Client hooked up to the TV?

7. Ivan February 25th, 2014 6:21 am

“playing music and photos via your Chromecast.”

Latest Chromecast update doesn’t seem to support streaming from the iTunes Music channel (the only way to get playlists into Plex). Is this supposed to work (and thus a bug) or does streaming music require creating a music section on Plex (and losing the playlists) instead of relying on iTunes?

8. Playlists or GTFO February 25th, 2014 6:40 am

OK, that is all well and good… I appreciate your efforts, I appreciate your app…but playlists or GTFO :-)

9. Damon February 25th, 2014 6:46 am

I’m so glad I bought a Chromecast (I bought it for Plex alone).

I only wish you could reconnect via a browser after you disconnect/close laptop.

Thanks for all the hard ass work guys!

10. simonx February 25th, 2014 6:53 am

We still don’t have a 0.9.9 public release right?
    Thanks

11. bisol February 25th, 2014 8:11 am

Great Job !

If a version for the latest NAS could be released (DS414 for example), this will be really great!

12. Abrian February 25th, 2014 8:31 am

We’ll done guys! When will the iOS app be available?

13. miketuck February 25th, 2014 8:39 am

I guess I am not sure what is meant by Allow Sync? Is this to allow each individual user to have which videos have been viewed, last view position, etc…?

14. Pedro February 25th, 2014 8:42 am

Good stuff, good work. I’ll assume the Chromecast app is still limited to plexpass users. I have friends who don’t care enough to get it, but would use it if it was free =P.

15. Daniel February 25th, 2014 8:42 am

Now that people who don’t have PlexPass can sync from a server of a PlexPass holder, I’d like to see the same with Chromecast capabilities. My wife has to use my account because her account can’t cast to Chromcast.

16. Vnoel February 25th, 2014 10:01 am

So is the 0.9.9 series still limited to plexpass holders?

17. pouetance February 25th, 2014 10:03 am

Terrific job! Was waiting for the multi users sync feature to buy a lifetime pass. I’m doing that tonight :-) Thanks a lot.

The only multi users related feature missing now is the ability to tell the server that more than one person is watching a show. Most of the times, I’m watching my shows with my gf on the tv but unfortunately only her viewing status is updated as we use her account and not mine­. That’s not a major problem, just a bit annoying.

18. elan February 25th, 2014 10:23 am

@Daniel ~ thanks for the suggestion, totally understand why that would make sense.

19. elan February 25th, 2014 11:00 am

@miketuck ~ it allows users you share media with to use Plex Sync even if they don’t have a Plex Pass. For example, all members of a family.

20. elan February 25th, 2014 11:00 am

@Ivan ~ known issue, we’re looking into it!

21. Robby February 25th, 2014 11:08 am

To date, the best $75 I’ve ever spent. I agree, Chromecasting needed some work. Mine was locking up and the buffer was kicking and screaming these past couple of weeks… but I need my Walking Dead, so it just had to deal.

Thank you for all you do.

22. Roopesh February 25th, 2014 11:37 am

Our two year old uses Plex. She’s been a user since about 9 months. I’m sure she’ll appreciate all the new sync capabilities!

23. FuzZ February 25th, 2014 11:44 am

Amazing work guys, it works great! :)

24. achelous February 25th, 2014 12:14 pm

will the plex scrobbler still not work with plexpass versions of plex server? (windows)

25. Joel February 25th, 2014 1:17 pm

Is plexpass still required for chrome casting? I am a plexpass member but parents are not!

26. Brian Doyle February 25th, 2014 1:56 pm

My chromecast icon is no longer where is was and I am a plexpass subscriber…anyone have any ideas? I’ve rebooted, restarted router + chromecast etc…

27. Ben February 25th, 2014 3:17 pm

Still seeing a ton of stopping and buffering when playing 1080p content encoded H.264 to my Chromecast. Wifi network is wide open with nothing else operating on it and the machine serving it has nothing else going on (16GB RAM, 2.3GHz i7). Zero issues streaming Netflix to it or streaming the same content via iTunes and the Apple TV 3.

28. Balthazar B February 25th, 2014 3:51 pm

Does Plex support gapless streaming of music to Chromecast? If I understand correctly what Plex is doing on the server end, it should be possible. Obviously, it would be ideal if it supported both gapless AND transcoding.

29. elan February 25th, 2014 5:08 pm

@Vnoel & @simonx ~ now available to everybody.

30. elan February 25th, 2014 5:10 pm

@Ben ~ (assuming you’re on the latest server), generally speaking there are two reasons for this: 1) WiFi issue: this is more common than people think; Netflix content isn’t super high bitrate. 2) CPU overload (easy to check for). In 9/10 times moving the Chromecast closer to the WAP or eliminating interference works wonders.

31. elan February 25th, 2014 5:11 pm

@Brian ~ I assume you’re talking about on plex.tv/web ? We’ve heard reports that it can be flaky at times; we’ll be moving to the new version of Google’s SDK, which we’re hoping improves this.

32. Greg February 25th, 2014 6:01 pm

I’m loving the updates! I had been using another media server solution – but now that i have chromecast with plex this solution is amazing!! Keep up the great work! Can’t wait for the new iOS update with the content mirror, i was just telling the wife that it would be awesome if she could see the movies on the TV as i scroll through them – as if you read my mind! AMAZING! I do have one question, is Chromecast device supported on the Windows 8 App? I click the button but it never finds any devices (i’m on the same wireless network as the chromecast). Just wondering if this is supported yet or not.

Greg

33. Kevin February 26th, 2014 12:50 am

Great update guys, Been testing 0.9.9.x over the past few weeks and been loving it.

Everything is running like a well oiled machine!
    From Increased transcode rates on my DS412+ to the recent task scheduling addition. All great!

Two items are on my wish list for the coming months:
    1. Playlist management for all content.(guess this is a client/server feature)
    2. Updated Plex Home Theatre(win/osx/unix) to match the snazzy plex-web.

Ill agree with the other posts here. Plex is the best investment along with my media server!

34. Ian February 26th, 2014 12:55 am

Excellent work however manual update shows my current installed version as 0.9.8.18.290-11bfdd (is the newest version available) but the PLEX website is 0.9.9.5.411-da1d892

Any ideas when new version will be pushed out via update client?

35. Vincent February 26th, 2014 6:07 am

Does the new update support VOB files with Chromecast/PLEX?

36. fbengtsson February 26th, 2014 9:11 am

Great progress! What about support for AC3/DTS > Chromecast?

37. Gundy February 26th, 2014 9:20 am

As always, great Update Plex team! Looks like I have to get my hands on a Chromecast just so to show off.

38. elan February 26th, 2014 11:05 am

@fbengtsson ~ The Chromecast only supports AAC 5.1, which it converts to multichannel LPCM.

39. elan February 26th, 2014 11:05 am

@Vincent ~ VOB files are not supported anywhere, we recommend Handbrake :)

40. elan February 26th, 2014 11:06 am

@Ian ~ we usually autoupdate after a few days of making sure there are no big issues :)

41. fbengtsson February 26th, 2014 11:10 am

@elan – Yeah I know. I was hoping that Plex would transcode AC3/DTS > AAC 5.1 or Dolby Digital Plus which it supports.

42. jse February 26th, 2014 12:55 pm

Plex is now going to rule my house with Chromecast! There were several files it just couldn’t play (including small dvd rips). It now works perfectly AND can do music & photos! This is what I have been waiting years for. Smooth, simple, my 3 yr old can run the app … and it works!

43. elan February 26th, 2014 5:08 pm

@fbengtsson ~ it does! To AAC 5.1, not AC3, which the device doesn’t support (I know, Netflix gets around it somehow).

44. Phil February 28th, 2014 7:40 am

Great- but where’s the download link within the story?

(I know, I know- I see the ‘Downloads’ tab. But still…)

45. Virtualman February 28th, 2014 10:12 am

I look forward to have shuffle “party mode” for my music / video libraries…

46. Valyno February 28th, 2014 10:38 am

Hello Guys,
    The sync for shared librairies is just awsome!!!
    (Very handy to sync the animated on the iPad for a road trip with the kid, iPad being connected with kid’s plex account :))
    Plex rulez !!!

47. henry February 28th, 2014 12:12 pm

love plex but my home sreen is not loading

48. Zack February 28th, 2014 2:37 pm

Long time Plex lover, first time poster. Thanks for everything you do, your work makes hours of my life lost in NYC gridlock every day bearable. Keep up the great work.

49. Joel February 28th, 2014 7:12 pm

Will content mirroring come to the mac PHT too? It would be more intuitive than bringing up the remote in ios, especially on the ipad.

50. jni1975 February 28th, 2014 10:47 pm

Plex rock my world ! Keep up the great job everyone.

51. rasher1940 March 1st, 2014 3:40 am

I have had to replace one of my Roku streaming boxer Roku 2 XS. Now i cannot get my queue on this one but i can on the other one. i have about 20 items in my Liberia, can someone tell me how i can get them to my other Roku2 XS?
    Regards

52. Dave March 1st, 2014 6:07 am

A really nice feature would be for plex to automatically search for the preview to a movie so you can watch the preview of your movies if you desire.

53. 4x4Given March 1st, 2014 7:49 am

elan February 25th, 2014 5:08 pm
    @Vnoel & @simonx ~ now available to everybody.

I’m sorry, I don’t see where it available to everybody. The Plex site and google play, both say it still requires Plex Pass. Am I missing something?

54. Brian March 1st, 2014 7:57 am

Thank you for the update!

55. Allan March 1st, 2014 9:19 am

My Plex server tells me that version 0.9.8.18 is the latest one. I want to update to close the security vulnerability that was discovered :(

56. Cole March 1st, 2014 2:53 pm

Thanks for all that you do! Been using Plex since it first came out. It just keeps getting better and better!

57. elan March 1st, 2014 11:19 pm

@Allen ~ download from plex.tv/download

58. elan March 1st, 2014 11:19 pm

@4x4Given ~ plex.tv/download

59. elan March 1st, 2014 11:20 pm

@Joel ~ a fair assumption :)

60. rybber March 2nd, 2014 12:37 am

Is chromecast movie streaming still Plexpass only?

61. Allan March 2nd, 2014 1:58 am

When can we expect to be able to filter by audio language? At least Plex/Web should get this feature without a problem, right?

62. Matt March 2nd, 2014 6:27 am

Plex media server is by far the most important “service” running on my server. I agree that Chromecast support was a little glitchy at times probably due to the high bitrate content I was hosting. I am looking forward to seeing how the new version performs. I had no hesitation becoming a lifetime PlexPass member to ensure that this project continues to grow!

63. 4x4Given March 2nd, 2014 7:21 am

plex.tv/download and Google/play (both for the Chromecast) say it requires a Plex Pass. Is this correct? I wouldn’t mind paying for a client (on time purchase), but another monthly fee on top of all my other monthly fees? Bummer.

64. Matt March 2nd, 2014 7:49 am

YAAAAAAY shared sync, finally I can keep my wife’s horrible :-P choice in TV shows off my devices.

65. kevinkarada March 2nd, 2014 2:17 pm

Yeah, thanks PLEX TEAM! I’ve been looking forward to this feature, wasn’t sure if it would ever surface. Lots of talk on the forums about possible legal issues. I know there are more requested features in the works but I hope someday the PLEX team considers parallel transcodes for sync. With this new feature I think it may become more relevant. Imagine five people trying to sync 2-3 movies for five devices the night before a flight. People are such poor planners :). Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing many features to come, especially for Chromecast to come out of PlexPass testing.

66. elan March 2nd, 2014 6:58 pm

@Allan ~ the API exists already, we just haven’t exposed it yet :)

67. 4x4Given March 3rd, 2014 7:32 am

Opted for the Plex-Pass, got the Android client, Plex on Chromecast works perfectly. :)

68. MMS74 March 3rd, 2014 11:59 am

Hi There, love al,the good work, Will install the new version this week.

A question About shares sync, is this also an option for the plex media server (in the future . . .)?

If I can make a sync of Some content shares with my friends, that would-be Great !!!

Love Plex.

MMS

69. Mikko March 4th, 2014 5:07 am

Excellent team! For me the ‘Check for updates’ reports an error. Why is that? Also, please support fully also the windows phone and windows RT platforms with sync and chromecast. The only reason I lug my old android tablet with me on trips is Plex offline sync… I would ditch it the first minute I could do the same on my Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet and Lumia 1320 phone! Plex is really great!

70. Rogers March 4th, 2014 9:49 am

Hi! Chromecast transcodes DTS fine into multi-channel DTS. But Dolby Digital shows up as stero Dolby Pro Logic. Could you please fix this?

71. James March 5th, 2014 4:14 pm

I am a plex pass holder and personally love everything you guys are doing! And awesome job with the more current update for the chromecast. My main question is when will the bitcasa cloudsync feature work?

72. elan March 6th, 2014 12:39 pm

@Rogers ~ The Chromecast only has support for AAC 5.1, so any other formats are converted over to this format, which the Chromecast turns into multichannel LPCM.

73. cliff March 6th, 2014 9:22 pm

Update seems to have had a duckfit:-) And I’ve noticed that plex server seems a bit iffy when it comes to counting, ie:- 10,000 it placed before 2, 8 etc seems that when it comes to scanning movie titles anything after the 1st digit doesn’t count until its greater than 1. Plex places 2 after 1066 or 10,000 but correctly allocates 28 after 16 and before 30..

74. Bucs March 7th, 2014 4:00 am

Is there a know issue with “check for updates” I keep getting “Update Error! An error occurred in retrieving update information, are you connected to the internet? Please try again later.”

75. Matt March 7th, 2014 7:30 pm

Thank you for partial scanning. It’s nice to be able to refresh a single tv show to scan for new episodes instead of running a full scan! Keeps getting better and better. Would love to see some sort of media que or continuous play in an upcoming update!!!!

76. Marcus March 8th, 2014 9:14 am

plexpass subscriber here, great work on everything. using chromecasts in the house with plex server is awesome. love to see video shuffle and repeat so i can continuously shuffle play all my music videos. i’m sure it will come in the future though :-)

77. paskaj March 8th, 2014 9:46 am

can someone help me with my problem? Wenn I try to download the latest update of pms, I get a message that error occured by trying get a update, I should chcek a connection to the internet.. conetction to the internet works, but i am not able to get a new update…pms is instaled on Windows server 2012..I hope by every nwe update, that they will fix a problem with saving position where I left the media, esspecially when its break down. any idea what is wrong or what I should do?

78. elan March 8th, 2014 10:50 am

@cliff ~ that’s because the library doesn’t sort according to “natural sort order” ~ http://blog.codinghorror.com/sorting-for-humans-natural-sort-order/

79. Ryan March 10th, 2014 2:36 pm

Not sure if this is the location for suggestions, but I saw a few in the list above.

I just started using sync to my Android devices and am loving it. Would there be a way to have Plex remember that one user or device has transcoded a show and have it available for other devices. Then the other devices wouldn’t have to transcode it. So basically transcode once and share to multiple devices.

80. elan March 10th, 2014 9:51 pm

@Ryan ~ the main issue is that most devices require different settings, we have specific profiles which result in different conversions. In theory you could share amongst identical devices, but that seemed like a rare case.

81. Eric D March 11th, 2014 10:16 pm

élan March, you mentioned that Chromecast support doesn’t need PlexPass but my iOS app still request it. Is it normal?

82. Rafael March 12th, 2014 4:46 am

@Elan With this new sync if one of the members of my family sees a tv show on his/her iPad will be marked as watched?

Or only will be marked as watched by the main account in the server ?

83. Nate Thelen March 12th, 2014 5:39 pm

When a shared user syncs from your server, how do you see the status of the transcoder. When I go to sync activity I only see my device. Is there a centralized transcoder/sync status somewhere?

84. elan March 12th, 2014 7:56 pm

@Eric: Chromecast still requires a Plex Pass.

85. elan March 12th, 2014 7:57 pm

@Rafael ~ whoever owns the sync will get the view update, so it’ll get marked as watched for whoever is signed into the iPad.

86. Chris March 13th, 2014 1:44 am

When will the Chromecast functionality come out of the “preview” period?

87. elan March 13th, 2014 10:03 am

@Chris ~ sooner than you might think.

88. Carl March 13th, 2014 10:49 pm

Fantastic! Shared sync is just the kind of thing I was hoping for when I got PlexPass – server features that benefit all users, with or without paid accounts. Love the chromecast improvements too – thanks for keeping on improving

89. Oscar March 13th, 2014 11:06 pm

Why Amazon store isn’t updated at the same time that Google Play Store? Second class customers?

90. elan March 13th, 2014 11:47 pm

@oscar – because their review process is much longer :)

91. Randy March 14th, 2014 12:48 am

I am a pled pass member.. how do I download my videos for off line viewing?

92. Robin March 14th, 2014 7:09 am

Awesomeeeee !!!

93. rhurling March 14th, 2014 8:30 am

Can I see Shared Sync Activities in PlexPass (for example when the server is actively transcoding a movie for a device), because I’m not that sure that I can see that at the moment

94. Allan March 15th, 2014 5:51 pm

Thanks for replying to me Elan! I just purchased the yearly Plex pass package because I really enjoy Plex. My family and I are really looking forward to the feature to filter by audio language, any idea when Plex/Web will make it possible to filter by audio language? Would it also be possible to share only movies that contain a certain audio language?

Thanks and best wishes,
    Allan

95. Edward March 15th, 2014 10:57 pm

Shirt sink seems like a great idea but also needs time limits in my opinion lest your family crusher bandwidth

96. Justin March 16th, 2014 12:14 am

Loving Plex and the addition of Chromecast with the latest update is icing on the cake. I was using XBMC however Plex craps all over it – just user friendly, fast and reliable. Chromecast streaming is awesome – my little $35 gadget is now perfect. Great work Plex team.

97. Tim March 16th, 2014 9:21 am

You guys are the best – Plex is one of the best things to ever come to our lounge rooms (and beyond). Keep up the great work.

98. Jack Simon March 17th, 2014 8:59 pm

Plex is super fantastik! I use it everyday and i love it!

99. Jon J March 18th, 2014 9:24 am

I remember Chromecasting from Android used to be a little flaky – half the shows I’d lose the ability to control it before the end & have to recast (and often then start from the beginning). But it sure beat running things around the house on a USB stick, so I loved you for it anyway.

But somehow, very recently (maybe with the revisions in this release), you snuck in some amazing improvements. Tonight I cast a show from my phone, then had to reboot the phone while the show was playing. When I fired up the Plex client again on the phone & pressed the Chromecast button, it PICKED UP THE EXISTING SESSION and let me control it! I was *blown away*. The next show I started from my tablet… and I was able to pause it from my phone!

This stuff is absolutely stellar. The integration seems intuitive and rock solid. I’m super impressed guys – thank you.

100. elan March 20th, 2014 7:14 am

@Jon J ~ thanks so much, glad it’s working well for you :)

101. Frank-Michael March 23rd, 2014 5:42 pm

I did not find a way to sync items from shared libraries in the Plex/Web client. Is “Shared Sync” only available on mobile devices?

102. elan March 23rd, 2014 6:45 pm

@Frank-Michael ~ Correct, it’s not available via the web app yet.

103. TheSwede86 March 24th, 2014 2:05 am

Hi!

Just wondering about this:
    “Came up with a better way to stream media to the Chromecast, which allows for most 1080p content to stream without needing to perform expensive transcoding.”

I tried streaming 1080p .mkv to my Chromecast from either my Synology DS212 (which refuses to do so since it seems not being able to transcode it, guess its a limitation of the ARM CPU) or my parents old laptop w. Core 2 Duo T8100 2.1GHz and the laptop maxes out the CPU-usage even on 720p .mkv. Now I am a beginner in all of this transcoding business but could you guys elaborate on when/how I would see the “benefit” of the better transcoding with CC since I do not see any of it?

I am really thankful and grateful for your hard work and when I figure out a solution my parents (with their new CC) and me (with my CC to-be) will bask in your awesomeness and become subscribers :) Err… I will be anyway and my parents will still be grateful that the thingymajig does even more wonderful thingies.

Regards

104. Frank-Michael March 24th, 2014 9:06 am

“Yet” sounds promising – thank you.

105. Darren March 25th, 2014 11:20 am

Is it just me who can’t play anything from an android device to Chromecast ? All I get is st – st – st -stutter :(

106. Darren March 25th, 2014 12:09 pm

I have found the cause for my problems .. Windows Home Server !! My main server runs WHS 2011 and this works great over DLNA to my LG TV, via chromecast though .. not so great. I just spun up a Windows 7 VM machine and installed a second plex server on it and that now plays perfectly. Anything and everything now plays through that

107. elan March 26th, 2014 3:54 am

@TheSwede86 ~ some NAS devices support remuxing, which is much cheaper than transcoding. Try turning the quality *up* to make a remux kick in. This should help cases like your Core 2 Duo.

108. Steve March 27th, 2014 9:27 pm

Is the Apple IOS wake problem fixed yet?
    IOS devices cant’ wake the Mac Plex server.

109. elan March 29th, 2014 2:36 am

@Steve ~ As far as I know recent media servers advertise with Bonjour so they can be woken from sleep.

110. peter cole March 30th, 2014 9:00 am

Would be even better if my LG tv ever got to find the server