The New Plex for Android released for everyone! - Plex Blog

The New Plex for Android released for everyone!

, | 25 May 2013 | by 89 Comments

(Sorry we’ve been quiet for a while. No reason other than being incredibly busy on the next bunch of stuff for you. It’ll be a busy couple of weeks…)

Just in case you’ve been living under a rock, we’ve been working hard on a brand new  Plex app for Android. Redesigned from the ground up, it’s fast, smooth, and beautiful. If you’ve been feeling jealous of your friends on iOS, they’re about to regret the day they made fun of you.

If you haven’t seen the intro video yet, have a quick watch, if only for the Barkley cameo at the end.

For the last few months, the app has been available for our PlexPass members, who have been giving us amazingly great feedback and suggestions, and reporting issues. I’m including a list of all the changes we’ve made during this period, so you can see what a lot of progress has been made. We’d really like to extend a giant thank you to everyone who helped out!

We just published Plex 3.0 for Android for existing Plex for Android users in Google Play, as a free upgrade. You will see it show up on your devices shortly. Please note that this upgrade requires Android 3.2 or higher. We’ll be pushing it shortly for the Google TV and to the Amazon app store.

What about the existing Plex for PlexPass app? We’re going to leave it  in Google Play, so that new PlexPass members can continue to get it for free. Since it is restricted to PlexPass members, we’ll also continue to make an APK for the app available. And we’ll also push new and bleeding edge features to that app first.

Plex 3.0 for Android is a huge step forward, and given that it was rewritten from scratch, there may be a few thing that have changed or been removed. For example, the remote control functionality has been split into two parts: “flinging” media and play controls, and then the “classic” navigation buttons. The former is currently available, but we’re in the process of adding a great-looking Android widget for the latter.

Unnamed

Without further ado, here are all the changes we’ve made while it was in PlexPass:

Features:

• Improved login and signup experience
  • Audio control notifications (skip, pause, play)
  • Improved refreshing of library sections (scroll position maintained)
  • Added new section filtering options, On Deck, Recently Added, Types, By Folder, etc.
  • Added share option, allows queuing URLs to Plex from other applications
  • Ability to browse “up” from library content
  • New preplay layouts for small screen devices
  • Added remote play support (“Play On”) (hold down play button)
  • Added remote play notifications
  • Support for client side subtitles
  • Support for ‘Announcements’ to keep up to date all things Plex
  • Default posters for items
  • Parallax scrolling background art on home screen and small-screen prepays
  • Delete library content from client (needs to be enabled on your server)
  • Maximum quality setting. Helps ensure remuxing on GTVs.
  • Force Direct Play Profile (available in Settings – Device Profile). Attempts to always Direct Play videos and will fallback to transcoding if fails.
  • Setting to allow disabling ‘Network Discovery’
  • If direct playing fails, fall back to transcoding
  • Connectivity checks when user refreshes home screen
  • [Sync] Massive UI improvements
  • [Sync] New “synced” filter in library sections
  • [Sync] Merging of libraries with those currently synced
  • [Sync] Allow synced content to be played to external players
  • [Sync] Add option to “prefer synced content”
  • [GTV] Allow the play button to directly play On Deck items
  • [GTV] Allow the play button to play items from their preplay screens

Fixes:

• Improve memory usage around music playback
  • Reduce memory usage around background art
  • Only consider non-shared servers for default
  • Unwatched filter was backwards
  • Improve the share action, don’t bring up Plex, and reload the queue in the background
  • Fix issue where track duration could be cropped
  • Don’t allow multiple “now playing” windows to launch
  • Resume should now work perfectly (and more quickly) across all versions of the OS
  • When transcode playback is paused for a long time, resume works
  • Detect media not being accessible before playing
  • Resolve playback issues with iTunes
  • Ensure theme music stops when going back to the home screen
  • Resolve layout issue of episode unwatched count indicator
  • Resolve layout issue for Seekbar preference
  • Fixed an issue where connectivity to a server could be lost
  • Fix video aspect ratio not being correct on some devices
  • Don’t allow secondary servers to become ‘selected’
  • Consider all streams when deciding to Direct Play
  • Fix a crash when pausing audio
  • Fix issue when remote play is issued
  • Fix crash in search
  • Don’t start the audio service when playing video
  • Add missing icons to the menu
  • Only toast about server discovery if application is active
  • Resolve issue where video control visibility was being toggled too aggressively
  • Resolved playback issue which prevented Direct Play of media which had no audio stream selected
  • Selecting a friend request or recommendation notification will now also cancel the notification
  • Resolved layout issue in Friends page where long names could push the buttons off screen
  • Fix inconsistency in HTTP headers passed to media server
  • Add the ability to refresh the list of players
  • Fix alignment of audio / subtitle stream selectors
  • Fix issue where filter menu would automatically close
  • Apply maximum bitrate limit when deciding whether or not to Direct Play
  • Server reachability is updated as the network changes
  • Request constant sized image for photo view, to increase cache hit frequency
  • Crash attempting to setup transcoder quality settings
  • Allow intelligent server selection when transcoding is required
  • Resolve layout issue for track titles which were too long
  • Center album thumbs in the Artist page
  • Fix issue where “Clear Cache” would be ignored
  • If we can’t locally transcode a photo due to memory, use the original
  • Crash when rotating on the episode/movie prepay pages
  • Support subtitle / audio stream selection across multiple versions of media
  • Clarify AC3 / DTS settings in the Device media profiles
  • Sync] Synchronize watched status and progress for synced content back to server
  • Sync] Don’t allow sync over cellular network if not permitted
  • Sync] Kick off sync on app start and when item added/updated
  • [Sync] Sync storage location choice is now respected
  • [Sync] Allow manual selection of custom sync directory
  • [Sync] Resolve issue where storage location could not be set to external location
  • [Sync] Reduce minimum to 0.1 GB so that Google TV devices can at least sync some media
  • [Sync] Be careful not to delete synced content if there wasn’t a successful sync
  • [Sync] Resolve issue where incomplete synced files could be played
  • [Sync] Resolve issue resuming sync download
  • [Sync] Send up resolution for sync items
  • [Sync] Display synced content from more than one server
  • [Sync] Ensure that when syncing over wifi we attempt to keep wifi connection (speeds up transfer)
  • [Sync] Added more sync status into the sync list in settings
  • [Sync] Better sync defaults for TV shows
  • [Sync] Allow non-touch devices to focus video controls and manipulate seek bar
  • [Sync] Fixed 0 byte sync’ed images
  • [Sync] Fix to make maximum sync limit preference behave correctly
  • [Sync] Fix 2/4GB limit on for synced files on some filesystems
  • [Sync] Make sure we set the resolution limit when creating a sync item
  • [Sync] Update audio/Pphoto quality when updating a sync item
  • [Sync] Resolve various issues which prevented syncing of channel content
  • [Sync] Ensure that the Sync List page continually showed updates to syncing and transcoding
  • [Sync] Provide descriptive message when attempting to sync unsupported content
  • [Sync] Resolve issue browsing synced photos
  • [Sync] Ensure sync location is writable
  • [Sync] With high quality sync, limit resolution to screen size
  • [Sync] Update server reachability before syncing
  • [Sync] Fix a refresh issue when deleting multiple sync items
  • [Sync] Resolve issue which prevented single watched episode syncing
  • [Sync] New Sync sections would not become available or removed when the last item was removed, unless the application was restarted
  • [Sync] Don’t delete local state too eagerly
  • [Sync] Report sync list unavailable instead of “no items” when we’re offline
  • [Sync] Allow single photo syncing
  • [Sync] Display bit-rates when creating sync items and ensure that they are passed to the server
  • [Sync] Resolve issue where carrier APN would block localhost networking
  • [GTV] Allow basic navigation via remote control
  • [GTV] Hide filters when focus moves back to section grid
  • [GTV] Added small/big skipping via ffwd/rew/next/prev keys
  • [GTV] Slider for sync storage limit works
  • [GTV] Pass AC3/DTS compatibility to allow remuxing those formats
  • [GTV] Resolve issue where theme music prevented multi-channel audio
  • [GTV] Resolve crash playing video after music
  • [GTV] Show the navigation controls when the user presses the play button
  • [GTV] Allow seeking audio via the DPAD
  • [GTV] Better handling of fast forward / rewind remote control events

1. Gene May 25th, 2013 9:45 pm

I don’t use anything android. IOS for the Ipad and Rasplex, the Pi for the TV and prior to that the Windows client from a PC. Will this Android be applicable to set top boxes like the Ouya or other boxes that might have a bit more oomph than the Pi and a more refined UI?

2. Radar May 25th, 2013 9:49 pm

Thanks guys. Impressive.

3. elan May 25th, 2013 9:51 pm

@Gene: It works great on devices like the Ouya and Android HDMI sticks.

4. jeff May 25th, 2013 10:05 pm
  5. elan May 25th, 2013 10:09 pm

@jeff: thankfully we can walk and chew gum at the same time :)

6. Pieter May 25th, 2013 10:12 pm

In the playstore it is still V2547.

Is there a difference between the latest plaxpass version and the V3?

7. elan May 25th, 2013 10:16 pm

@Pieter ~ some bugfixes. If you’re on PlexPass, stick with it, as it’ll sometimes be slightly newer/have experimental stuff pushed to it.

8. Gene May 25th, 2013 10:18 pm

Élan, don’t know anything about the HDMI stick. Do they have horsepower for direct play?

9. elan May 25th, 2013 10:28 pm

@Gene: there are oodles of Android HDMI sticks. Unfortunately most of them have same codec support as Android, so no Direct Play available for much stuff, but remux is almost as good.

10. James May 25th, 2013 11:25 pm

Hi Elan. What happened to the remote control feature? I’m used to using my phone to control Plex on my living room PC :-/

11. Skandian May 26th, 2013 1:02 am

After upgrading to 3.0 on my Galaxy S4, I can’t seem to find the remote function, I’ve worked out I can stop/start/pause through my notifications if I’ve selected a file for playback on my desktop client, but I can’t find the full remote which would allow me to navigate the desktop client entirely using my phone (as I used to prior to 3.0)and especially the volume controls, everytime I select something for playback it drops the volume considerably.
    Am I looking in the wrong place for the remote? Or is it simply not there anymore?

That aside, the new layout is a lot nicer than the older one, and the playback and settings are smoother too.

12. logger May 26th, 2013 1:56 am

It asks for username and password. How can I skip it when I don’t have an internet connection on my holiday house? Don’t tell me I cant play movie from local NAS without Internet. That would be pretty stupid way.

13. Dush May 26th, 2013 2:13 am

How do you play to a renderer in the new app?

I can’t seem to do it with the Plex addon for XBMC.

Also can you play to a DLNA renderer like a Samsung TV?

14. Court May 26th, 2013 2:19 am

While that is a great update for Android people, I was really hoping for some great PHT news. Back to patiently waiting for PHT or some iOS love similar to what’s above.

15. M May 26th, 2013 2:20 am

does that mean, that we will finally get plex for linux soon and a osx build with the MAJOR bugs finally fixed?

16. Kenny May 26th, 2013 2:22 am

Awesome! I love Plex on my Asus Transformer, and always appreciate updates! We love it on the Roku as well!

17. chris May 26th, 2013 2:44 am

Hi Elan,

Thanks for your great work on Plex! I use it multiplaform Samsung TV, Roku, iOS etc… But also on Blackberry Playbook – any chance of an update here since it’s based on the android build? :-)

Thanks for your help!

Chris

18. demol claude May 26th, 2013 3:42 am

Lecture impossible sur acer a700 mise a jour pour cette tab plz….

19. Stephane May 26th, 2013 4:01 am

Wow! Big list of stuff there!
    Thank you!!!

20. Pierre Michaud May 26th, 2013 4:09 am

This is great work. Thanks very much! Plex is all over my home. Nothing compares. My little resquest on Android is I would like to be able to edit home screen sections like on iOS. Thanks again.

21. TomBA May 26th, 2013 4:25 am

Whaw. Much better interface (Samsung GSII, Nexus7), much smoother, beautiful.
    Maybe the subtitles size is to small (Is it adjustable? No idea how).
    What about Samsung smart TV version?
    Anyway BIG THX.

22. noreason May 26th, 2013 4:43 am

Will this run on the ouya?

23. Bjarte May 26th, 2013 4:59 am

@Gene: FYI my MK809 plays 1080p directly from my fileserver without hassle over wifi.

24. Alex May 26th, 2013 5:20 am

The update is great! Will you be releasing Plex HT soon as well?

25. Jim May 26th, 2013 5:30 am

So Plex auto-upgraded on my Nexus 4 and now it’s requiring me to sign-in to use. Are you going to be forcing people to login? Because I wouldn’t have bought Plex for Android (and IOS) if I knew you’d do that.

26. David May 26th, 2013 6:13 am

Remote is no longer working at all on my Galaxy S3 since this update. I hope you guys are aware of this and are fixing it.

27. Matt B May 26th, 2013 6:21 am

Sorry guys but now you’re requiring a MyPlex account AND you want my location without any explanation! This is either a major fail in terms of engineering dictating what customers what want, or by not communicating to customers the benefits that these additional “requirements” will bring.

You had a great product, I hope you’ll listen to the stack of negative reviews in the play store and put it right. Until then: 1 star, not upgrading.

28. M May 26th, 2013 6:45 am

why does it need location access and why even gps. makes no sense at all. looks like you want my location data :-(

29. als May 26th, 2013 7:18 am

Question: why does the app require my location? In that impressive list of features I cannot see the reason for this permission change.

30. swifty May 26th, 2013 7:54 am

Hey,

Give it some changes on the Development to local Trailer support?

31. Jon May 26th, 2013 8:05 am

Improved login experience? It should say, “required login experience.” I paid for this app, and now I can’t use it without creating a myplex account? Unacceptable.

32. teso May 26th, 2013 9:12 am

Why do I have to login? You didn’t mention it anywhere. I upgraded and now I am stuck and cannot use plex. How can I downgrade to 2.x ?!

33. Pedro May 26th, 2013 9:18 am

I thought Android HDMI sticks were discouraged from purchase in the forums, stating it wouldn’t work as intended, and there’d be no support? IIRC. Anyways, glad this is finally out. There’s gotta be some interesting differences with the Google TV version right?

34. Vincent May 26th, 2013 10:50 am

hello, I love Plex i use it at home with rasplex, and i now decided (today) to buy the android version for my phone, but google market installed ver 2547 instead of ver 3, will it update in the next few days

thanks

35. b1twise May 26th, 2013 11:40 am

I do not want an app that requires a login to your web service. I’m sure it’s great, but I have no interest. I am not upgrading until you fix this.

Additionally, geolocation is unacceptable. You don’t need to know where I am. Give me a good reason why you need it. I bet you can’t.

I was looking forward to the new features, but you’ve made some really bad decisions. I hope you correct them soon.

36. elan May 26th, 2013 12:12 pm

@b1twise: Just to clarify, we don’t use the location for ANYTHING right now; we put it in early SOLELY to support a future feature which would allow you to see where people who were streaming from your server were geographically. We don’t capture, store, or share that information with anyone.

37. Pierre Antonini May 26th, 2013 12:54 pm

The new version updated today is buggy: If you have several section in you Plex server, when you start the application, the first section loaded is ok but if you change the section, the movies displayed are the movies of the first section. Display is not updated after changing section. You have to quit the application and reload it.

Also with this update, we loose the By folder selection.

With this update, I cannot play any of my movies. As soon as I try to play a video I get a message Unable to play that video. I have paid for this application, it was working and now it’s unusable. Pleas fix the problems or rollback

38. Pierre Antonini May 26th, 2013 12:57 pm

I forget to mention, I am using Plex on a Nexus 10, Android 4.2.2, I ambased in Montreal Canada.

39. eduo May 26th, 2013 1:05 pm

For those of us not as involved in the Android world, a feature on current Android Sticks/HDMI boxes wouldn’t be a bad idea (or convincing someone to write such a post and linking to it). There’s a boatload of information but all of it assumes one knows about the subject already.

40. elan May 26th, 2013 1:19 pm

@Pierre Antonini ~ we’ll look into that bug, I’ve never heard of it before. By Folder can be found by swiping from the left in the section screen (or tapping on the ||| icon).

41. François Gendron May 26th, 2013 1:45 pm

I have a lifetime plexpass.

I use Plex on airplanes at 30000 feet, and in a cottage house with no Internet.

I stopped using the latest Mac client because of the required login to MyPlex, as this prevented me from using it in those locations.

Please DO NOT make this a requirement on more and more of your software as this is a definite no-go for me.

42. elan May 26th, 2013 2:47 pm

@François ~ the PHT requirement is temporary, until it’s out of beta. We have no intention of preventing use of the applications without Internet. Some features (which require the cloud) may not work, but basic streaming will of course continue to work.

43. Josh Harding May 26th, 2013 4:48 pm

Sounds like a significant upgrade that addresses many issues I’ve reported.

I look forward to checking it out as soon as the myplex and location requirements are dropped.

I have no need for a myplex acct, I vpn home from my GS3 to get access to everything anyway (baby monitor, ttrss, plex, tivo, etc).

44. kriebe May 26th, 2013 5:14 pm

I’m totally not upgrading if I have to give out my location info. We all know that Plex will one day become Skynet and destroy humanity. I don’t want to be one to help out with that…

Sheesh, way too much whining here.

Keep up the good work Elan et al.

45. Jason May 26th, 2013 8:39 pm

I dont understand, this is the first blog post in a while, new features… for pass members only but plex pass members have been working with this in alpha already right? When do past plex-pass only items come out of “beta” and go into a regular release? (like the syncing to devices for offline playing). Do you guys have a place for pre-releases and then comments or schedules for releases for items already released to plex pass members? I thought plex-pass was for “sneak peaks” of features to test with so the mass can get solid/stable releases?

46. elan May 26th, 2013 8:53 pm

@Jason: there are a few different benefits of being a PlexPass member.

1) They get access to sneak peaks and preview releases (e.g. early PMS releases, certain iOS features).
    2) They get access to brand new things for an extended period of time ahead of the masses (e.g. Plex/Web, Plex Home Theater, Plex for Android).
    3) They get access to premium features (while in beta and beyond) (e.g. PlexSync).
    4) They get access to private forums for discussions, support, etc.

47. sam May 27th, 2013 1:27 am

Requires internet access, myplex login, location… I just want to watch my movies, why did you go and screw it all up? I don’t buy your explanation for the location, you can’t even see WHAT someone is watching, but for some reason you think we care where they are? Right…

48. elan May 27th, 2013 1:32 am

@Sam: check the next blog post and all your questions are answered :)

49. Adam R May 27th, 2013 4:39 am

Hi, where it’s the remote? And how do I choose my player? I want it to play on my Mac mini, not on my phone. And why do I keep getting the message “can’t play this video” for everything I try? What happened top all this stuff? It’s crazy how unusable this app has just become

50. Vamsi May 27th, 2013 4:53 am

This is all great. Glad to be a Plex user. Can we add character identification feature like it’s possible in Amazon prime and Google play to an extent. This feature allows user to pause and then figure out information the identification if characters on the screen. Also can we have lyrics and karaoke effects for music

51. Kyle May 27th, 2013 8:01 am

Any detailed timing on the update to the GoogleTV app? Just wondering if “soon” is this week/month/quarter?
    Thanks and keep up the great work!!

52. elan May 27th, 2013 10:36 am

@Adam ~ hold down play button to pick a remote player. What version of the server are you running? Send details, we’d love to help.

53. Andy Lai May 27th, 2013 1:01 pm

I don’t understand. Why fix something that wan’t broken. The new update totally stop me from using Plex. It doesn’t discover my Plex Media Server anymore. It was working OK without any issue all the while. And now after the update it no longer works. And I create a dedicated Ubuntu Box just for it. Now it’s wasted.

And the new app require permission on location data.

54. elan May 27th, 2013 2:38 pm

@Andy: Nope, location permission has been removed. Are you running the latest Plex Media Server?

55. Adam R May 27th, 2013 5:13 pm

Elan, thank you. I updated my server and the streaming now works fine. Found the remote widget and the long-press functionality too, so it’s all back to normal. Sorry for losing my head a little, but I seriously use Plex all day long, as do my kids, and suddenly everything changed. Thanks for your help

56. elan May 27th, 2013 5:41 pm

@Adam ~ awesome, glad to hear all is well now :) sorry to cause stress.

57. Joshua Richards May 27th, 2013 5:46 pm

LOVE IT!

Great work guys, will scrubbing come into the remote? Pause/play works well for now.

Also, will it find Plex Apps on SmartTVs on the same network?

I have a LG lw5600, and it has “medialink plex” but that doesnt’ pop up when I long press.

GREAT GREAT GREAT WORK.

THANK YOU.

58. elan May 27th, 2013 6:43 pm

@Joshua ~ sadly, the LG TV doesn’t support media flinging. Thanks for the kind words :)

59. m4f1050 May 27th, 2013 6:43 pm

Well, I *WAS* using Plex on my Android phone as a remote for Plex on my Google TV, now what? I need a separate app? Great… The new one is more “touch” geared, but why not leave some sort of “remote” functionality? Love the new look but losing the Remote was a big negative IMHO.

60. elan May 27th, 2013 7:41 pm

@m4f1050 ~ there is a remote widget included with the latest update, and hold play to fling media to remote players.

61. Collin May 27th, 2013 9:17 pm

ETA on Google TV update??

62. Joshua Richards May 28th, 2013 3:40 am

@Elan, is this in the pipeline? Youtube updated their android app to do this through DIAL (discovery and launch) from their android app to the LG LW500.

Can it / will it be implemented?

63. raptor May 28th, 2013 6:34 am

How you can tell to play a movie in the tv and not in the tablet? I know I can do that with ipad but how you do that with droid?

64. banthafodder May 28th, 2013 4:07 pm

Looks like you have been hard at work. When might us Windows Phone 8 users get some love?

65. Matt May 28th, 2013 4:32 pm

I LOVE PLEX

Thank you!

But I can’t get my android app version to display anything in the on deck or recently added tabs.

Anything I should be doing differently?

Much love (even to all those whiners above):-P

Matt

66. elan May 28th, 2013 4:59 pm

@Matt ~ thanks! that is odd, actually. if you’re XML-saavy, does http://x.x.x.x:32400/library/onDeck and /recentlyAdded show anything? Are you running the latest media server?

67. Ayhan May 28th, 2013 5:52 pm

Hiya there, can you put an option to downgrade the latest upgrade please. i cant play any movies or mp3 on my acer a200 tablet anymore. with the old version i had no problems.

68. Joshua Richards May 28th, 2013 6:12 pm

@banthafodder switch to Android. WP isn’t going anywhere fast.

69. Anurag May 29th, 2013 9:50 am

Any plans to support streaming to Apple-TV from the Android Application?

70. Gondovald May 29th, 2013 10:47 am

I love Barkley !

71. Zynol May 31st, 2013 2:36 pm

I second the stream from Android app to Apple TV. Pretty please?

72. Dirk James May 31st, 2013 3:35 pm

Come on guys why do you keep changing the way this software works. Why the heck did you remove the remote from within the android app and force me to set up a widget to move about the system.

Great work well done NOT!

73. Ryan June 1st, 2013 3:53 pm

I’ve always been a huge fan of Plex. The new interface looks great and very happy with the new features – Well done guys and thanks for the hard work!!

You mentioned some changes to existing functionality – has full screen (vid stretch functionality) been removed? Can’t seem to find it at all?

74. elan June 1st, 2013 6:13 pm

@Ryan ~ no stretching is available, at least yet. Please feel free to make the desire known for it in the forums and we’ll see if we can get a quorum :)

75. Vivienne June 2nd, 2013 4:39 pm

Elan, you are such a tease! Here’s to hoping for “soon” to be “sooner” for Google TV update. :D

76. Collin June 4th, 2013 9:05 pm

Another update and yet no GTV support added yet.. Blahhh

77. jth June 5th, 2013 8:25 am

I’m looking for some help…I have a Samsung SIII running Android’s Plex version of 3.0.7.0 and the latest update of the media server on my PC – 9.7.22. After the upgrade to 3.0.7.0 on my phone, I can no longer see anything on my server. I have even added my server to the “Manual connections” area. Any ideas? I have always loved Plex, but now it’s useless on my phone. Thanks for your help.

78. jth June 5th, 2013 8:37 am

Please ignore my last post – I got it!

79. ron June 12th, 2013 3:52 pm

My choices are a Samsung Galaxy 4S or an iPhone 3S. My Plex Media Sever is on a Windows 8 system. Which phone/OS will give me the best experience with the least hassles? Sorry – no suggestions for other phones, please, but I’d really appreciate the help choosing between Android and iOS. Thanks

80. Boulder Dave June 26th, 2013 3:39 am

Push to the Amazon App Store already! It been weeks.

81. elan June 26th, 2013 7:34 am

@Boulder Dave ~ we’re still testing, sorry!

82. Matt June 26th, 2013 8:20 am

I’d like to get Kindle Fire HD for my trip on Saturday and just setup plex on everything Apple I own. Is Plex for Android not working? I’d prefer to not have to pay up for an iPad and this is the only thing getting in my way of buying a Kindle.

Any idea if you will be pushing by Friday???

83. elan June 26th, 2013 11:00 am

@Matt ~ I doubt it’ll be approved by then, send me an email and I’ll hook you up. elan at plexapp.

84. tshepo July 19th, 2013 8:58 pm

Plex has been a great addition to my family but we still havent figured out how to use over 3G.please help.

85. Michael July 25th, 2013 2:33 am

I see Plex for Android received it’s TV update but is there an ETA on when it will be available on Google TV units? All I see in the Play Store is Plex for Plex Pass and the Plex for Google TV apps.

86. elan July 25th, 2013 9:12 am

@Michael ~ we just released it last night :)

87. nyinyiaung August 8th, 2013 12:39 am

Great

88. Joshua Webb August 29th, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi guys, I am absolutely loving the new update!

However I am unable to login with the app on my android device, I was also wondering if it’s possible to be able to add web addresses in manual connections since I just access my server through a domain name that I bought a while ago.

Thanks! :)

89. elan August 29th, 2013 10:27 pm

@Joshua: On a local network you can add IP addresses manually in advanced settings. With a remote connection, use myPlex.