PlexPass updates - Plex Blog

PlexPass updates

, | 19 Dec 2012 | by 116 Comments

They say on the Internet, nobody knows you’re a dog. That’s true, until you hire one as your CFO. That’s right, Barkley has come on to help us out over Christmas, and with his inspired direction, we have a few PlexPass updates to share. You’ve been kind enough to have shared some great feedback over the past couple of weeks, and we’d like to go over some changes we hope will address many of the questions people have had.

LG5A5850

First of all, we’ve enabled subscription upgrades! You can now upgrade from monthly to yearly, and from yearly to lifetime, even if your subscription is cancelled. To keep things simple and fair, we issue a prorated refund of your existing subscription, and then sign you up for the new one. (My inbox is literally stuffed to the gills with emails asking for this feature, and I apologize for not responding personally to each one.)

Next, we’ve also added support for paying with PayPal. I know this was something many of you (especially those outside the US) requested. Again, in order to keep things simple, right now we just allow purchasing non-recurring year and lifetime PlexPasses.

Screenshot 12 19 12 6 44 PM 2

Finally, one of the most common questions that arose was around premium features like PlexSync. Now originally, we had pictured PlexPass as being something tailored specifically for those people who love early access to new features in development. Many other people simply prefer to get a feature when it’s stable and fully working, and so we thought it made sense to separate these two classes of users into different subscription packages.

However, after reading all of your comments, and reevaluating, we’ve decided to make things even simpler: Raise your glass of eggnog, because if you have a PlexPass, it’ll get you access to all premium features, from the beta stage onwards, and there will be no separate premium subscription. So PlexSync is yours to keep, and we certainly hope you’re getting good use out of it in this busy holiday season!

Manfun 1

One little caveat: your PlexPass will include all future premium features – and we’ve got some awesome ones planned – with one rather obvious exception. If we ever add some sort of premium content (say, for example, we start producing our own episodic show centered on a wise-cracking dwarf, an incestuous queen, and giant ice-zombies), access to that content would obviously be an add-on to the subscription. But I mean, who wouldn’t pay extra for ice-zombies?

Lastly, a few people have expressed an aversion for any sort of subscription model. We respect that, and it’s for that reason that we’ve left around the Lifetime plan, as it’s a one-time purchase. It won’t be around in perpetuity, and when/if it comes back, it’ll likely be higher priced, but at least until the end of the year, you can get your platinum-plated, diamond-studded lifetime PlexPass and avoid a recurring plan.

Wishing you all a safe and happy holiday season!

1. StevenBoel December 20th, 2012 2:01 pm

Shut up and take my money!!!!

Love you guys for reevaluating, gonna put the plexpass under the Christmas tree :)

2. unisonruss December 20th, 2012 2:01 pm

You guys seriously rock, Plex for the win! Bless you all, and have an amazing Holiday!

3. Manky December 20th, 2012 2:02 pm

You guys are awesome … will be updating my yearly sub asap.

Happy Holidays to the Plex Team =)

4. Chrispy December 20th, 2012 2:03 pm

Thank you very much Elan! Will upgrade to lifetime later this evening (maybe I should wait till tomorrow in case the Mayan’s were right…)

5. Josh December 20th, 2012 2:03 pm

AWESOME!!!!1!1!!!1one!!!!11

6. Alex December 20th, 2012 2:04 pm

Yeah! Chalk me up as one happy PlexPass lifetime subscriber. Now I’m patiently waiting for PlexSync on Android.

7. chad December 20th, 2012 2:05 pm

Great work guys! thanks for all the updates. Lifetime plex all the way.

8. robrob December 20th, 2012 2:05 pm

awesome.

9. Charles December 20th, 2012 2:08 pm

I think this is a very prudent business move on Plex’s part…this should drive subscription/lifetime registrations.

10. Rustla December 20th, 2012 2:09 pm

Awesomesauce! Upgraded to Lifetime subscription.
    Keep up the great work guys!

11. James December 20th, 2012 2:13 pm

Wonderful! Happy Holidays! Just Purchased! : )

12. Chun December 20th, 2012 2:23 pm

Excellent! Just signed up for the lifetime membership!

13. diamondsw December 20th, 2012 2:32 pm

Lifetime subscription: acquired!

14. xmcnuggetx December 20th, 2012 2:39 pm

Just upgraded to lifetime, but it stated it charged me the full 74.99. Also it just went ahead and charged an account (I wasn’t aware my information was on file).

15. elan December 20th, 2012 2:42 pm

@xmcnuggetx: I’m sorry for the confusion. As stated on the upgrade page and this blog post, the upgrade is done by:

1) A pro-rated refund of your last payment.
    2) A charge for the new price.

Your subscription page has links to edit/remove your payment information.

16. Omkar December 20th, 2012 2:58 pm

I upgraded to Lifetime before I even finished reading the entire post. I’m very pleased to be able to support Plex and receive an undiluted premium experience. Nicely done Plex team!

17. xmcnuggetx December 20th, 2012 3:21 pm

Any web transaction should have a final confirmation page. How much is going to be charged, what card/account, ect. Not just a OK/Cancel popup. I saw the announcement for Paypal now being supported and planned on paying with that.

18. elan December 20th, 2012 3:23 pm

@xmcnuggetx: it’s not possible to upgrade using PayPal, the cross-payment-service thing would have been too complicated. If you’d like a refund, shoot me an email :)

19. Cfgack December 20th, 2012 3:35 pm

Great news.. Just need to resolve my one outstanding question. Why does any data about my collection need to be stored in the cloud? I would love plexsync to limit all data to be between my server and the client with NOTHING sent/kept elsewhere.

20. elan December 20th, 2012 3:42 pm

@Cfgack: We store sync list and state data in the cloud, so that multiple servers can collaborate and don’t need to be online when clients are making changes. It is completely non-identifiable data with numeric IDs, so there are no privacy concerns with what is actually being synced. Go ahead and sync that giraffe-on-crocodile action! We don’t care, and we won’t know.

21. mtg1555 December 20th, 2012 4:34 pm

Just a quick question: Do you have plans to allow people to buy “Lifetime subscriptions” to individual Premium Features? I.e. if the only Premium Feature I ever want is PlexSync, will I be able to buy a lifetime subscription to ONLY PlexSync?

That said, I think you’ve probably already sold me on the lifetime PlexPass :)

22. Batmac December 20th, 2012 4:41 pm

One word…
    Amazing!!!
    Nice bow tie Barkley!!!
    Guess what I asked for X-Mass? ;)
    Wishing all PlexDevs, PlexSheriff(s) and Plexians a peaceful holiday season…

23. elan December 20th, 2012 5:07 pm

@mtg1555: It will always be a package deal, just because we want to simplify things :)

24. Bmarkguy December 20th, 2012 5:44 pm

Elan, any updates on plexsync for Android? Can we expect it before the new year? Hoping to get plexpass once it’s available.

25. elan December 20th, 2012 6:06 pm

@Bmarkguy: We’re working on it as hard as we can, promise :)

26. djlego December 20th, 2012 7:22 pm

Lifetime pass acquired!! :D
    My whole life I’ll be grateful to you guys!

27. Chris December 20th, 2012 7:22 pm

Thanks so much Elan and crew. I was slightly miffed by the whole PlexPass + additional features thing (more the fact that it was an open question than what the cost would be) but I decided to get the lifetime pass anyway because, let’s face it, I’ve already gotten my $75 worth over the last couple years. Everything from now on is gravy. Delicious, free gravy.

On a personal note, PlexSync came just in time for me to easily load up my iPad for the hospital where my wife had our second son. Now she’ll recover and spend some late nights in bed watching more Plex. Our first has watched The Grinch this season on every device in the house more times than I should admit! This is software that touches lives. Happy holidays!

28. Celestian02 December 20th, 2012 8:46 pm

Cool guys, thanks for taking all of our remarks into consideration. That deserves a PLEXPASS lifetime subscription ;)

Have great christmass holidays to you all and can’t wait for what’s coming next.

29. Wiggie December 20th, 2012 9:40 pm

Elan and others of the Plex team, of course I immediately upgraded my account to lifetime pass as I have been enjoying Plex already for a lifetime as well! I also wanted to take the opportunity to thank you guys and wish you all happy holidays!
    Regards
    Ray

30. MTII December 20th, 2012 9:49 pm

Expecting that the world doesn’t end to day, I just grabbed a lifetime PlexPass. :)

Other reasons that won me over:

1. I want all things Plex as soon as possible.
    2. I want to support you guys – you are doing great work!
    3. I don’t like subscription models for software (Office 365 for example).

Happy Holidays! :)

31. Micha December 20th, 2012 9:51 pm

Instantly signed for lifetime – deal. But please remember plumbing the Mac client …

Jingle bells to the whole team

32. MTII December 20th, 2012 9:52 pm

A question, though, about the Plex Sync (but it may extrapolate to other premium features):

Will each member of my household (essentially my myPlex friends) have to by a subscription to be able to use Plex Sync (or any other premium feature) with my library/server?

33. Peter December 20th, 2012 11:16 pm

“because if you have a PlexPass, it’ll get you access to all premium features, from the beta stage onwards”

I think that is what a lot of us plexpass subscribers wanted to read.
    I have immediately upgraded from yearly to lifetime.

34. Tobias Jönsson December 20th, 2012 11:19 pm

This is great news :)

35. elan December 20th, 2012 11:30 pm

@MTII: it likely depends on the feature. We have specifically disabled remote “shared” PlexSync, but when we deal with multi-account households, we’ll revisit.

36. AshTemple December 20th, 2012 11:32 pm

Happily upgraded to lifetime, thanks guys! Lets hope the world doesn’t end today…

37. Quassum December 20th, 2012 11:44 pm

I had some troubles with the lifetime subscription 9 days ago, also emailed you guys about that, would you be so kind to respond to that email as well?

38. Dan December 20th, 2012 11:53 pm

Where exactly is the option to remove payment details? Now that I’ve subbed to lifetime, I’d like to remove them.. just in case :) Also, no idea what card I originally paid with, so no idea what card will be charged for the upgrade lol

39. Martin December 21st, 2012 12:06 am

Hi Elan,

Signed up for lifetime subscription and went to sync. Cannot publish server due to Firealll issues. I travel with my Mac and don’t have router/firewall access.
    I am on a LAN with my MacBook Pro running PlexServer and I wish to sync movies to my iPad. This is seriously frustrating ELAN. Why the EFF do I need firewall BS when all I want to do is sync content from my MAC to my iPad over the LAN. I can stream from the Mac to the LAN so why can’t I sync locally. Please fix this. I only ever sync over LAN and I don’t do any Plex access over the Internet. Please fix this. ARGH!!!

This is a ridiculous architecture. Please fix the software so we have the option to sync locally WITHOUT any Internet/Firewall/Publishing BS. I only ever access Plex on the LAN and want to sync content to my iPad when i am offline in Airplane mode at 35,000 feet.

If this can’t be fixed, please email me on how I can get a prompt refund for my lifetime subscription. Thanks.

Merrry Chrismas by the way!!!

-Martin

40. MediaControl December 21st, 2012 12:25 am

Hello to the whole PLEX Team,

at the moment I don’t think that I’ll need the premium features. Never the less, I’ve enjoyed PLEX since about two years. So I’ve decided to support you and have picked the lifetime PlexPass.

@all: Have a pleasant Christmas time and an exciting new year.

(Special wishes to Barkley. I love that dog)

MediaControl

41. Doh! December 21st, 2012 12:36 am

Lifetimed! (Let’s just hope the world doesn’t end today. If it does, you can keep the money!!)
    Happy holidays!

42. aras December 21st, 2012 12:55 am

This is great decision!

Lifetime PlexPass purchased, Nexus 7 is ready to go under Christmas tree. The only thing left is PlexSync for Android and my wife’s commuting will be sorted.
    Great work guys!

43. MTII December 21st, 2012 3:19 am

OK, but I honestly think that features such as PlexSync should be per library/server instead of per user.

But I look forward to the household thing – it probably (hopefully!) affects a lot of users… :)

44. puithove December 21st, 2012 4:34 am

Nice move guys – Just upgraded to lifetime. I had kind of been holding back trying to decide if I wanted to keep it. This put me over the edge. Thanks so much.

45. Constantinos Neophytou December 21st, 2012 4:42 am

Is there a way to remove my payment info on-file? I upgraded without realizing I’d be charged immediately – and on a card I didn’t want to use for that transaction.

Not a big deal, but I couldn’t see what Payment info I have on file, and I have no way of removing/updating it…

46. Darathor December 21st, 2012 4:43 am

Upgraded to lifetime member. Happy to support hardworkers like yourselves. keep up the great work.

Cheers.

47. Fernando December 21st, 2012 8:22 am

Great decission Elan!
    I am expanding Plex around all my friends in Spain.
    Best regards and merry christmas to the Plex Pass community!!

48. Bellboy December 21st, 2012 9:36 am

So after reading the comments I’m just a bit confused. If I have the PlexPass already and I just upgraded to lifetime $75…is that a total of $100 paid out? Sorry…just wanted to know how much I’ve paid in full. Also will I have to remove my payment info or will I continue to be charged after the initial PP would have expired…?

49. Mike December 21st, 2012 10:39 am

Just upgraded to a lifetime subscription, just in time for Xmas! :)

Elan – how long does it typically take to see the prorated reimbursement for the last payment made?

Thanks again Plex team!

50. elan December 21st, 2012 12:14 pm

Dan: After getting lifetime, payment details are wiped automatically, hence why you don’t see the option :)

51. elan December 21st, 2012 12:18 pm

Martin: I’m sorry you’re frustrated. As I’ve mentioned in a few other places, we’re working to make server publishing not be a requirement for syncing. The only thing that needs finishing up at this point are some changes to the iOS app, and it’ll be in the next release. If you’d like a refund, please drop me an email and I’ll take care of it. (Also, you might not see the advantages of the architecture, but I can assure you there are some; for example, while someone is out and about, they can select some stuff for syncing. Even if there are no ports forwarded, the server can still see the new item, convert it, and have it ready for you to sync when you get home!)

52. elan December 21st, 2012 12:20 pm

@Constantinos: If you were on monthly or yearly, there was a link for you to edit payment information, and if renewal was turned off, you could remove it. When you upgrade to lifetime, all payment information is deleted instantly, so that’s why you don’t see the link any more :)

53. elan December 21st, 2012 12:23 pm

@Mike: should take a day or two for the reimbursement to settle, I think.

@Bellboy: Let’s say you’re one month into a year’s sub. You’d get 29.99 – 1/12*29.99 back (about $27.50), and then you’d be charged the $74.99. Make sense?

54. Joel December 21st, 2012 4:31 pm

Thanks for simplifying all this Elan. From your previous posts i wouldn’t have signed up for either plexpass of the premium features. It was just messy and felt a bit like double dipping. A one time $75 for your app and future feature/upgrades was a no-brainer. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the revenue you generate ;)

55. eidur December 21st, 2012 8:36 pm

there is no option to use paypal when I choose monthly 3.99 dollars payment

56. Martin December 21st, 2012 9:20 pm

@Elan: Thanks…frustration has subsided LOL. Nah, no need for a refund if a soon to be released iOS app will allow me to sync with the PlexServer on the same LAN without publishing the server to the Internet. Hopefully the iOS app will also have an On Deck type view of all synced media on the main screen so we don’t have to go hunting.

-Martin

57. Andyreas December 21st, 2012 10:07 pm

And they do it again. I just wanted to say thank you guys (and dog) for being christmasticly awesome and Happy new year!

58. Sebastian December 22nd, 2012 12:42 am

trying to find the mac desktop client in the download section? Where is it?

Regards

59. A huge plex fan December 22nd, 2012 12:48 am

I’m sold on the lifetime membership, but have one concern: I now run pms from a thecus NAS, and the server plugin seems to only get updated for “official” releases. Will I be missing out on a lot of the pre-release features?

60. elan December 22nd, 2012 12:56 am

@A huge plex fan: I don’t know too much about thecus. I know we do all our official NAS builds for PlexPass members, where do you get the thecus builds from? If it’s provided by a community member, maybe they have a PlexPass too :)

61. elan December 22nd, 2012 12:56 am

@Sebastian: scroll down to the apps section, first one on right.

62. A huge plex fan December 22nd, 2012 1:56 am

@Elan: The build is an unofficial one I believe.

63. J December 22nd, 2012 9:30 am

I think that’s totally fair and I’m delighted. I think the premium features for plex pass users is the right decision.

I’m hoping I’ll be gifted the money for a lifetime subscription in the next few days (3 more sleeps!)

Well done and keep up the exceptional work

64. Sean December 22nd, 2012 6:45 pm

Excellent Excellent decision. Keep up the good karma and good decisions.

Lets see an update for the mac client soon. Can’t wait to be moving from work blackberry to iphone next month. Although I will miss being a part of the official plex ecosystem;)

65. Sebastian December 23rd, 2012 6:02 am

@elan: Thank you very much! My fault, I only saw the ‘TV’ in the header. Just purchased the lifetime subscription to keep the development on going..

66. bballl December 23rd, 2012 7:13 am

That are good news. Thank you for leaving us the oppertunity to buy a lifetime plexpass ( at least till the end of the year)which will include all Future Premium updates. i was one of the people which were against the subscription model and for that reason i instantly bought the lifetime plexpass (with paypal). i think you made a good compromise for now. I know its hard to satisfy all customers.

67. Andreas December 23rd, 2012 10:02 am

Thanks Elan and the rest of the Plex team for listening to your users! This was a great x-mas present. I just signed up for lifetime PlexPass. Keep up the good work.

Happy holidays!

68. jfplopesusa December 24th, 2012 2:48 am

This was my top criticism. Paying a PlexPass subscription on top of paying for premium and for plex apps. Was considering cancelling my PlexPass simce it really was just paying to beta test a companies software. Good thing Plex reconsidered since it really was hurting their reputation.
    As far as Im concerned Plex team has regained my trust. So much so that I am now a liftime subscriber.
    Thank you very much Plex team for the great consumer support.

69. Justin December 24th, 2012 12:40 pm

I am so glad I paid for the lifetime membership right off the bat now. Great change guys and can’t wait to see the additional features coming!

70. Amoksen December 25th, 2012 8:27 am

Really good news, with PlexPass to get al future Premium Features. That’s exactly what needed to be changed before I will subscribe for Lifetime

71. exlexl December 26th, 2012 5:58 am

Just suscribed to lifetime membership as I found it to be the best trade off. Plex has been in my living room for 3.5 years, with a dedicated MacMini (and multiple clients).
    Keep up the incredible work
    Greetings from France (south riviera)

72. tmack23 December 27th, 2012 7:44 am

Just subscribed to the yearly membership. I really enjoy what you guys do here, and my Plex collection has become a rather enjoyable hobby over the past year. Keep up the amazing work!

73. John December 27th, 2012 7:51 am

$75 seems excessive to me. I use Plex a lot and I have purchased both the iOS and Android app.Perhaps, some of these premium features will be in-app purchases. I only see the die hard users paying $75 for PlexSync and unknown future features.

I would guess that after the initial rush of lifetime subscriptions, it will slow to a trickle but I could be wrong.

I will continue to use iTunes to sync movies for offline use.

74. Adam December 27th, 2012 8:18 pm

@John: $75 for lifetime isn’t so bad, when you consider how many Blu-Ray’s you buy just for your plex server’s content. I just bought a lifetime myself, have been using plex for only a few months but already I’ve amassed quite an impressive collection and I’m floored with how well the whole plex server and clients/app’s all work together, and how pretty and easy to use the interfaces have become in the very short time I’ve known about plex. I’m thrilled that I can show my support and lock in premium status for life! =)

75. Pierre January 2nd, 2013 12:48 pm

I gladly contributed and took a plexpass, Plexsync being the killer app here.

Just one comment: I hope the option to move the temporary folder to wherever the user wants is in the pipes.
    We are a small familly, but with 4 iDevices and different movie tastes to “sync”, my Plex Server/HTPC (a mac mini) will soon be full of temporary movies.

Please keep that in mind, and keep up the good work!

76. elan January 2nd, 2013 4:05 pm

@Pierre: you can use a symlink right now to move it wherever you’d like.

77. Amy January 3rd, 2013 2:15 pm

Premium features with plex pass alright! great, I must say best news of the month!

78. Robbie January 3rd, 2013 10:05 pm

Hi – I’m looking at getting a lifetime membership, but couldn’t see whether the offline sync option was applicable per server or per client? If it’s per client would i need to pay for it for both my iPad and iPhone?

Great Work Fella’s – Just loving Plex!!

79. Robbie January 3rd, 2013 10:21 pm

One other quick question – Due to my current infrestructure setup at home I have double NAT enviroment (Two Firewalls), hence I can’t register my PlexServer – Will this cause an issue with PlexSync?

Are you guys ever going to look at overcoming this in some way?

80. elan January 3rd, 2013 10:33 pm

@Robbie: Yep, will be addressed in next iOS release.

81. elan January 3rd, 2013 10:33 pm

@Robbie: it’s per myPlex account, which usually has a single server.

82. Robbie January 4th, 2013 1:23 am

Just to be sure – So I can sync both my iPad and iPhone with a single myPlex account which is tied to the server.

And the new Plex release is going to fix the Double NAT issue – When is the new plex release due, as I’l need this working in order to register the MyPlex server and get Sync working correctly.

83. RedOracle January 4th, 2013 4:32 am

I have been testing your latest release of Plex Server on my NAS (Synology DS 411 Slim), in this last 2 days.
    Even if seems very promising, is not very reliable on such device as my NAS. Indeed with different client ( G. Nexus, Xoom, google TV pen, Mac Book Pro, Windows 7) very often he gives me loading erorrs and other errors as well.

The question is:
    Are you going to fix all those errors on such NAS as mine?

Regards
    Michael

84. elan January 4th, 2013 9:58 am

@Robbie: It’s not going to fix the double-NAT issue, that’s beyond the power of our code. But it’ll work around it by allowing sync to work even if the server can’t be published to myPlex.

85. Joakim January 6th, 2013 3:57 pm

Loving the new developments to Plex and PlexPass, amazing stuff :)

I’d like to echo what Jesper said in the previous thread announcing PlexSync:

“Everbody in our household has a seperate myplex login – only because that was a great way to allow access to sections, keep seperate unwatched status and such. This setup will require us to buy 3-5 plexpasses?

Any chance of a server license?”

I’m in the same boat as Jesper. Sharing one myPlex account in a family just won’t work. I’ve bought a lifetime PlexPass, so I’m not happy with the prospect of having to buy a recurring server/family license in addition to that :(

Couldn’t at least lifetime PlexPass users get sync for all myPlex accounts connected to that server?

86. elan January 6th, 2013 5:51 pm

@Joakim: working on family features is high on our list. I’ll discuss internally to see if there are some stopgap measures we could take to help you guys out :)

87. Joakim January 8th, 2013 4:47 am

Thanks elan, really appreciate the attention you guys give your users!

88. myhtpc January 10th, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi Elan,
    unfortunately it was a busy year end and I totally missed your offer to switch to lifetime PLEX with refund of existing membership. Would that still be possible?

89. mo123 January 11th, 2013 6:19 am

Great update but can you pleas fix the 5.1 audio stream to ps3 problem please.

90. Matblack January 11th, 2013 6:23 am

Hi elan, great work with the LG issue, Plex has totally changed the way I use my TV and projector which is why when I couldn’t use it I was so desperate to get it working again!

Could you let me know what the score is with upgrading to a Life Time PlexPass? I only bought the yearly one in November but I’m totally sold on the product and the ethos of the company so I’d like to upgrade. Do you have a facility for doing that at a reduced rate for members with time to run on the subscription? Keep up the good work!

91. elan January 11th, 2013 9:15 am

@Matblack: Thanks for the kind words! Upgrades have been enabled, and we issue a pro-rated refund on your existing sub, which seemed like the easiest/fairest way to do it :)

92. elan January 11th, 2013 9:16 am

@myhtpc: Upgrades are still enabled :)

93. Matblack January 13th, 2013 2:14 am

Thank elan that’s great, will sort that out next payday.
    I have one other question regarding Plex and LG, are the two organisations still working together? People are getting mixed messages from LG about continued support, and there are a couple of outstanding issues with the Media Link software which have been lurking for a while. Whilst Plex constant develops LG seems to ave stalled :(

94. elan January 13th, 2013 12:12 pm

@Matblack: we do work with LG on issues, but they have their own roadmap for MediaLink. They’ve generally been quite responsive to user feedback (so I encourage it), and have in the past contacted us when they needed support for MediaLink work they were doing.

95. Matblack January 14th, 2013 12:46 am

Thanks, it’s nice to know they are still actively supporting Plex as for me it’s almost a bigger investment (in time) than the TV was (in money).

Although I could (and would if LG drop medialink) buy a Roku or equivalent, Media Link saves having multiple remotes and is simple enough for my family to use.

It would be really nice to see LG back on the Media Link forum, although they have been in the past there hasn’t been anyone logged on since November. If you let me know who to contact to feedback I would be happy to write to them :)

96. Hannu January 14th, 2013 6:23 am

This was great thing to do!
    I just changed from the yearly to lifetime plan :)

97. Calvin Moon January 15th, 2013 10:09 am

I would like to request a refund of this service as I can’t use it for this service. My server is not powerful enough to run the conversion. It always gives an error for my Synology Disk Station DS212j. It is an DiskStation with ARM processor. I wish there can be a feature to convert the videos in the background while the processor is idle and sync later when the conversion is done. Until then I think this feature is useless to me. Please respond if you have any plans to integrate the features like this as I would like a refund for the time being please. I paid via PayPal with the email above.

Calvin

98. elan January 15th, 2013 11:34 am

@Calvin: Refunds would be requested via plexpass@plexapp.com, please send an email and the appropriate people will take care of it :)

99. Simmo January 22nd, 2013 11:13 am

Nice one plex team, youve sorted out the only point i disagreed with in regard to Plex – the loss of features to plexpass users once the feature becomes stable.

Nice one!

100. Sam Yu January 30th, 2013 8:02 am

I’ve heard of Plex for years, but have never got around to using it. Then recently Scott Hanselman had a nice blog post on Plex, and I decided to give it a try. I installed the server on my desktop last night, and loved seeing all my media files with cover art and meta data.

Then I went ahead and purchased the iPad app.

Now, after reading all the recent blog posts, and response to customer concerns regarding the whole premium sync cost, I’m definitely weighing in on buying a Lifetime pass.

Keep up the great work Elan and team!

101. James February 2nd, 2013 2:10 am

Removing the requirement for publishing to Sync is Fantastic!!! Can’t wait for the update to allow this. Any hints on how long this might be? :-)

102. pSyLoX February 7th, 2013 10:47 am

just upgraded to lifetime
    Plex is great

What about refund ?
    I paid for 1 year several months ago

following the post here , i can get a refund ?

103. elan February 7th, 2013 1:32 pm

@pSyLoX – the refund is automatically applied, and might take a while to show up, as is usual with these sorts of transactions. I looked up your account, and see a credit of $17.55 in the process of settling on your account.

104. Rick March 19th, 2013 9:32 pm

I just recently subscribed to plexpass and wanted to download a movie on a shared server, not on my computer, that I have access to, is that possible?

105. ryan April 21st, 2013 4:51 pm

Rick March, either add the location of the video to your plex server, or copy the video to one of your current video libraries on the plex server. Then sync to your device

106. sam April 30th, 2013 10:35 am

If you have to manually transfer files from shared servers to get sync to work doesn’t that sort of defeat the purpose? It actually ends up being more work than just FTPing everything to your device. I am disappoint.

107. Doreen Holwell June 23rd, 2013 12:26 am

Well my son and myself both bought Plexpass some months ago, but they WILL NOT SIGN IN to publish the server!the error message ‘there was a problem signing into myplex’ every time and on any computer!despite using the Forum, sending personal messages to Elan and others, NOBODY has replied! What’s the point of buying something that wont work!? then having ZERO support to fix it!

108. elan June 24th, 2013 9:57 am

@Doreen ~ Please email me directly (elan at pleapp) and we’ll get you sorted out. I’m pretty good about keeping up with PMs (and I get A TON), but occasionally I miss one.

109. aftrhrs August 6th, 2013 12:34 pm

You have a shiny PlexPass. I bought a lifetime pass and I cant for the life of me figure out why? Every time it says click on an update I do it goes to where it says “You have a shiny PlexPass” and nothing how to download updates?
    Plex Home Theater has been updated with multiuser support and synced with XBMC 12.2. Plex Home Theater is currently available to PlexPass subscribers.

110. elan August 6th, 2013 1:21 pm

aftrhrs ~ In this thread http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/forum/128-release-announcements/ you’ll see all the releases and links to downloads. You’ll need to be logged into the forums.

111. gpribeg August 29th, 2013 9:42 am

why paypal isnt aavailable for 1 month payment?
    i would pay if i could with paypal
    add it for 1 month option pls..

112. Danny December 10th, 2013 1:56 pm

“if you have a PlexPass, it’ll get you access to all premium features, from the beta stage onwards, and there will be no separate premium subscription. So PlexSync is yours to keep, and we certainly hope you’re getting good use out of it in this busy holiday season!”

This is what tipped me over the fence to buy the lifetime pass! Thanks, guys!

113. Benjamin December 21st, 2013 7:49 am

Sold.

114. rav January 4th, 2014 6:13 pm

I’d like to subscribe to the lifetime membership for PlexPass but I already bought the Android app that otherwise comes bundled with the membership. Do you guys allow deduction of the amount already paid if one decides to purchase the lifetime membership?

115. elan January 6th, 2014 12:54 pm

@rav ~ it’s not easy for us to do, but if you buy a lifetime plan, email us with your Google Play receipt and we’ll refund the cost of the android app. A one-off thing :)

116. Ruined January 16th, 2014 7:55 pm

Thanks Guys! Due to these changes I’ve gone to the lifetime plexpass!!