Plex Media Server v0.9.7.3 with Plex/Web - Plex Blog

Plex Media Server v0.9.7.3 with Plex/Web

, | 19 Nov 2012 | by 167 Comments

We’ve been talking about Plex/Web for a while now. Making you drool with lots of juicy screen shots. PlexPass holders have been tweeting about it. And now, my friends, we’re making it available for everyone.

tl;dr ~ To get Plex/Web, follow these easy steps:

1. Download and run the new Plex Media Server.
  2. If you’re a myPlex user, hit this link.
  3. Otherwise, hit http://x.x.x.x:32400/web
  4. Prosper, and be merry.

We’re super excited about Plex/Web, and we suspect you will be too. It’s the fastest and richest Plex client that exists today for managing, browsing and playing your content. No, it’s not a replacement for the gorgeous Plex Media Center, but you can run Plex/Web from anywhere in the world in any (reasonably modern) web browser.

Also, this is the first release of the media server which has run the PlexPass gauntlet. We made three releases, each of which was tested thoroughly. Bugs were reported, suggestions were made, and as such, we’re confident that this is a better release than it would otherwise be.

Update: The Plex/Web forum is now open for everyone! Join the fun!

I’ll also note that with Plex/Web leaving PlexPass, this means that there will be a new MYSTERY FEATURE making its PlexPass debut tomorrow. It’ll be great with Thanksgiving coming up, and no, it’s not a turkey.

The new Plex Media Server has some really nice new stuff in it too, which I’ll go over quickly. To kick it off, we’ve made a number of improvements around photos. Scanning them in is much quicker, and we read in lots of EXIF data and allow rich filtering.

Screenshot 11 19 12 7 48 PM

Secondly, and this is pretty much my favorite feature ever, we’ve made the media server manage the transcoder much more intelligently, so that it doesn’t use all your precious CPUs and warm up your laptop to the point where it fries eggs and prevents you from having offspring. Up until now, we’ve run the transcoding as quickly as possible, using all your CPU. It got even worse when you had multiple mobile devices streaming video.

With this new smart management, you’ll find your CPU is used only when actually needed (which always makes Al Gore happy), your machine will run cooler, and your server will be able to stream to more devices simultaneously.

As if that wasn’t enough, we’ve also taken a baby step towards supporting subtitles in DLNA and made it work on some devices (e.g. the PS3). Any device which uses MPEGTS as a transcode target now gets subtitle support.

There are lots of other juicy bits, like support for more administrative tasks (such as cleaning out unused bundles) and a ton of additions to the API, for all those writing Plex clients.

Here’s the full list of changes, below the Barkley, who’s tired after an hour of swimming.

NewImage

• NEW: Read some EXIF data for photos and allow filtering on it.
  • NEW: Add support for filtering videos by resolution.
  • NEW: Improve filtering/sorting options for specific types.
  • NEW: Transcoder now goes idle when it gets ahead, saves CPU, helps multiple sessions coexist.
  • NEW: (DLNA) MPEGTS target supports transcode throttling (lower CPU usage).
  • NEW: (DLNA) MPEGTS target supports audio stream picking and subtitle burning.
  • NEW: Use Plex/Web for the default manager now across platforms (option + click uses old Cocoa manager).
  • NEW: Added Sony 2011 DLNA profile from (thanks to yardco & tcviper).
  • NEW: (API) Add /library/metadata/X/split and /library/metadata/X/merge?ids=a,b,c endpoints.
  • NEW: (API) Add /library/clean/media to delete unused media bundles.
  • NEW: (API) Add /library/clean/bundles to delete unused bundles.
  • NEW: (API) Add ?checkFiles=1 parameter to /library/metadata/X endpoint to check for existence/access for files.
  • NEW: (API) Add /library/metadata/X/<tag class>/[add|remove] endpoints to allow adding/removing tags from items.
  • NEW: (API) Add new unviewedLeafCount/unwatched/unwatchedLeaves filter fields.
  • NEW: (API) Allow >=, <=, and != operators on filter fields.
  • NEW: (API) Added a new /library/onDeck global On Deck endpoint.
  • NEW: (API) Added fledgling new endpoints /transcode/sessions (and corresponding DELETE /transcode/sessions/<key>).
  • NEW: (API) Pass back default sort/direction in /sorts.
  • NEW: (API) Added lots more details to WebSocket notifications.
  • FIX: An issue which could result in On Deck items being ordered incorrectly or empty.
  • FIX: Don’t pass back filenames for shared sections.
  • FIX: An issue where season art for date-based shows wouldn’t get loaded the first scan.
  • FIX: A few memory leaks and a socket leak.
  • FIX: An issue which could lead to the media server becoming unresponsive and crashing with no network.
  • FIX: Recently Viewed Show count bumped to 25.
  • FIX: When signing out of myPlex, deregister server in cloud.
  • FIX: Fix some photos not getting thumbnails.
  • FIX: (Windows) Crash when enabling network logging.
  • FIX: Crash analyzing some .TS files.
  • FIX: Speed up photo scanning greatly.
  • FIX: 1/16 of the time, we were incorrectly computing OpenSubtitles hashes. Existing ones are repaired.
  • FIX: Attempt to work around newer LG TVs causing PMS to churn with big music sections.
  • FIX: Date-based episodes could be inappropriately merged.
  • FIX: Store format of sidecar subtitles.
  • FIX: Rare issue where HTTP server could stop accepting new connections.
  • FIX: Massive speedup when computing number of watched episodes for a show.
  • FIX: Quitting PMS during startup could lead to a hang.
  • FIX: Move the deletion preference into the library preferences group.
  • FIX: Fix a crash in JSON serialization.
  • FIX: Tweak to phrasing for episode sort list.
  • FIX: Don’t refresh metadata when asked to re-analyze media.
  • FIX: Fix an occasion hang where the media server would become unresponsive to requests.
  • FIX: Watched/unwatched episode counts could get out of sync after a scan.
  • FIX: Filter out non-ASCI characters from EXIF tags.
  • FIX: Scanner crashes analyzing DNG files from Lightroom 4.1
  • FIX: Occasional crash when scanner exits.
  • FIX: Sort files before handing them to the scanners.
  • FIX: Run photo and music analysis two at a time, which speeds things up even more.
  • FIX: Reduction of memory and thread usage.
  • FIX: (DLNA) Fixes for remote/shared server access.
  • FIX: (DLNA) Fix when DlnaDeviceDiscoveryInterval was 0.
  • FIX: (DLNA) Fix issue with XBox360 and MOV files with 64-bit offsets.
  • FIX: (DLNA) OnBrowseMetadata returned wrong content, fixes XBMC playback.
  • FIX: (DLNA) Profile for Panasonic Viera TVs.
  • FIX: (API) Send back titles with library timeline notifications (for Plex/Web).
  • FIX: (API) An issue where WebSocket got closed prematurely.
  • FIX: (API) WebSocket handshake failed when URL has X-Plex-Token in it.
  • FIX: (API) A few WebSockets crashes.
  • FIX: (API) Ensure lastAccessedAt attribute always present for channel listing.
  • FIX: (API) Ensure the endpoint which stops a scan doesn’t return until the scan actually stops.
  • FIX: (API) Return library section XML when POSTing a new section.
  • FIX: (API) Fix a case where library background art endpoint didn’t work.
  • FIX: (API) Allow PUT /library/metadata/X to take multiple IDs.
  • FIX: (API) myPlex signups work again.
  • FIX: (API) Return errors from myPlex when signups don’t work.
  • FIX: (API) When sorting by title, actually use the sort title.
  • FIX: (API) Expose Flash/Silverlight installation state, start state via root XML.

1. AshTemple November 20th, 2012 2:06 am

You guys have been really busy, as someone who has used the web app (not loads) and as a Plex Pass member, thank you so much for all your awesome and hard work!

2. aras November 20th, 2012 2:25 am

Wow. That sounds great! Thanks guys.
    Downloading right now…

3. Marcel November 20th, 2012 2:27 am

Outstanding update.
    Now, unless I’m doing things wrong with it, changing tags when editing a movie has become *seriously* cumbersome.

I do LOVE all the rest, but good god so many clicks, hitting DEL which more often than not get you to the previous page in browsing history.
    Guess it’s me, it couldn’t be so polished and useful & give at the same time such a hard time with tags.

4. dev November 20th, 2012 2:51 am

hey. thanks for the update! anyway, when i’m trying to log in plex/web it says i’m not a plexpass subsriber.. bug?

5. Derek November 20th, 2012 2:58 am

Awesome! It’s a great improvement – well done!

6. sfinx November 20th, 2012 3:07 am

I just upgrade PMS on Linux and I can’t seem to get in any mediamanager at the moment. From myplex, the Plex Media Manager link is broken (X-Plex-Token is empty) and when opening the Plex/Web link it does find a server, but then it prompts me to login with a myPlex account that has a PlexPass subscription. PMS version 0.9.7.3.317–d4217ec.

7. Mike L November 20th, 2012 3:26 am

Just upgraded my PMS. I am not a PlexPass member. Now, when I try to access my media manager, the plex web screen opens and I see a message the I need to be a PlexPass subscriber for it.

8. Alexander Danling November 20th, 2012 3:29 am

Hey guys,

Just downloaded the new PMS, but I have two problems:

1. I can’t log in. It tells me I need to be a PlexPass member to access the web client PMS.

2. Cmd + click on the Plex icon in my toolbar doesn’t at all bring up the old Cocoa manager but instead sends me to the web client.

9. 0xffff00 November 20th, 2012 3:32 am

The new-web-client forum link doesn’t seem to work. http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/forum/117-the-new-web-client/ leads to [#10333] We could not find the forum you were attempting to view.

10. Alexander Danling November 20th, 2012 3:33 am

Ah!

After logging in to myPlex and then opening the web PMS again got me signed in!

Still no Cocoa manager tho :(

11. tobias November 20th, 2012 3:33 am

Alt+Click not CMD+Click

12. tobias November 20th, 2012 3:36 am

If you have problems with Plex/Web not letting you in try the following: Sign in to myPlex in preferences (On Mac). Try to update the bundles in the channel directory on the client or even the “nuclear” option, remove the plug-ins folder (/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins on ubuntu/fedora, ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins on mac)

13. Mike L November 20th, 2012 3:38 am

Signing out and then signing in to myPlex through preferences worked. Might want to add that tidbit to the instructions.

14. Joe LaVigne November 20th, 2012 3:39 am

I just upgraded PMS on my Ubuntu server, and I was blown away by the changes. The web interface is beautiful, and so much faster. And being able to play from that interface makes a world of difference.

Thanks for all the hard work.

15. Si Beau November 20th, 2012 3:46 am

Awesome work! Looks really good!

Just a silly question… When will we be able to buy a plexpass with PayPal?

Kind regards,

Si Beau

16. tobias November 20th, 2012 3:46 am

We have no current plans to implement PayPal as a payment gate.

17. tobias November 20th, 2012 3:46 am

@0xffff00: It should be fixed now, stupid permission error.

18. sfinx November 20th, 2012 3:56 am

Removed the Plug-ins directory on Ubuntu, everything is fine now. Looks great!

19. 0xffff00 November 20th, 2012 4:02 am

@tobias: fixed indeed. Thx!

20. RckStr November 20th, 2012 4:28 am

Love the new transcoder. Completely silences my server. What a pita the old one was though. Great work on the update.

21. JS November 20th, 2012 5:22 am

I have a rather simplistic question with regards to the purpose of the Plex Web Client. To me, it serves a duplicative purpose.

Other than offering up another means to access Plex (web browser) from any location, what’s the main benefit for using the Web Client remotely when I already have an app on my iPad and iPhone, and use the Plex Client on my Mac Mini.

I see that the Web Client is beautiful, and offers a ton of new features, but why focus on the Web Client and not the native Mac client?

I’m just trying to see what scenario I’d decide to launch up the Plex Web Client, rather than using the Plex Client at home, or the gorgeous iOS clients on those devices. Wouldn’t I also lose the great remote feature (using my iPhone as a remote while watching a movie on my Mac Mini)?

I truly LOVE Plex, and just want to understand the vision for focusing all of these efforts on a web client (and really understand how it will fit into my Plex usage).

22. Dush November 20th, 2012 5:26 am

I love the new look, just wish you could do lossless streaming though, perhaps by just presenting a raw HTTP link for another media player.

Same with the android/iphone app. Be nice to use DLNA to get the raw file, no transcoding required.

23. thenet November 20th, 2012 5:27 am

Awesome! Thank you so much :) Really nice update!

24. Boszo November 20th, 2012 6:10 am

lol after update i cannot acces my media when i want to view my files i get this “Sorry, you need to have a PlexPass subscription for this.” wtf???

25. elan November 20th, 2012 6:18 am

@Dush: Not 100% what you mean, but In many cases with all our clients, the video is remuxed whenever possible, which is a lossless operation. An MP4 is streamed directly, and H.264 is remuxed when possible.

26. elan November 20th, 2012 6:20 am

@Boszo: We’re looking into scattered reports of this. Generally it means that the WebClient.bundle is not up to date on your system, as it was the last update which removed the PlexPass requirement :) You can try deleting the WebClient.bundle directory manually and restarting the media server, or it should update on its own in the next hours.

27. Boszo November 20th, 2012 6:21 am

ok i’ll try that thx

28. Boszo November 20th, 2012 6:24 am

@elan i followed Your instructions and it worked thx a lot :D:D:D

29. boszo November 20th, 2012 6:27 am

the new interface is super cool and fast thx it rocks :]

30. Johnny November 20th, 2012 6:27 am

Thank you, Plex Team! I’m excited to try out the new Plex/Web!

31. bla November 20th, 2012 6:34 am

Okay so you need to pay to use this new “fancy” thing ?

naaah

32. bla November 20th, 2012 6:36 am

If you’re a myPlex user, hit this link. <- then you go to myplex login

then you login and is told that you need plexpass to use it ?

this is getting more and more lame

33. elan November 20th, 2012 6:39 am

@bla: If you’re getting a PlexPass message, you have an older WebClient.bundle release, read back a few comments. We’re getting less lame over time!

34. MegaFlow November 20th, 2012 6:42 am

Al Gore approves this update … and so do I.
    Can’t wait to test it … thx sooooooo much guys!

35. Johnny November 20th, 2012 6:53 am

I also got the error “Sorry, you need to have a PlexPass subscription…” I tried the link from step two in this article and I tried the ‘Media Manager…’ dropdown link on my Mac toolbar. Neither worked. So I did as Mike L suggested: sign out of MyPlex (from ‘Preferences’ in the dropdown link on the Mac toolbar) and then sign back in. That worked for me!

The Plex/Web interface is indeed clean, fast and looks good. Thanks for the public release!

36. dev November 20th, 2012 7:06 am

hey. i have another problem.. my iphone can see my iphoto shared albums photos ecc. my macbook air on the other hand thru the plex/web sees the shared iphoto library, but when i go inside events ecc. there’s a black screen :(

37. dev November 20th, 2012 7:09 am

same locally. plex media center sees my photos. plex/web doesn’t

38. dev November 20th, 2012 7:21 am

also, is there a feauture in pled/web to not transcode my local content? it’s strage how it trasncodes a 720p movie to a 720p movie to watch in in plex/web. and it takes 300% of CPU :)

39. elan November 20th, 2012 7:26 am

@dev: at high enough quality settings, remuxing should kick in, just like on the iOS app. Plus, CPU usage should be much less and only sporadic with the new media server.

40. cryptochrome (@cryptochrome) November 20th, 2012 7:26 am

Now all we need is an option to allow other people to download something from a shared library (not just stream).

41. Laba November 20th, 2012 7:34 am

“Sorry, you need to have a PlexPass subscription for this.”
    ..for me this problem solved when I signed in with same username in web client and server. I had email address at my server and I tried to sign in with my username in web client (now username in both and it works)

42. Legua November 20th, 2012 7:39 am

“…but you can run Plex/Web from anywhere in the world in any (reasonably modern) web browser.”

Any words on pre-buffering (like YouTube or many other non-live web streaming sites)? This it the #1 issue for me and a couple of friends due to ISPs not always being up to par (especially during peak hours). Decreasing the quality sometimes helps, but it’s far from ideal as poor quality instantly shines through on any big screen worth its money.
    And as a side effect would also allow for more Direct Play and less transcoding (which, again, would make Al Gore happy.)

Thanks for an otherwise truly awesome and highly appreciated service. :)

43. David Greenberg November 20th, 2012 7:51 am

Great job! One question. Is it still possible to browse for additional artwork for my movies? I can’t find that feature in the update. Thanks.

44. Ronald November 20th, 2012 7:58 am

Will the Plex crew release an update for Synology users as well?

45. elan November 20th, 2012 8:02 am

@Ronald: One is available for download from http://www.plexapp.com/getplex right now :)

46. claw November 20th, 2012 8:38 am

Awesome update, love the new web manager…

But I wouldn’t be me if I hadn’t still issues with the new PMS and Plex iOS app.

I love the new filters in the web manager, but they – again – are useless with large numbers of items.. there’s a small little modal window that gives me a list of 10000 actors – what am I to do with this? My genre list is also long enough to not fit in this !!! 170 Pixel !!! high window

I have much more love for the new iOS app which makes everything better – but also makes it useless as a remote…

#scenario: I choose a movie with the app, hold down the finger on the movie and choose play on Mac Mini and want to use my iPad/iPhone as a remote… how do I access it? I have to select the small player button down below, change the default player to Mac Mini and tap the little remote button. Now I want to know something about the movie that is currently running (metadata, rating, synopsis, whatever) I have to go back out of the remote and get that info from the movie list… and now I want to go back to the remote… this was a simple push of a button with the old app, now it is 2 steps more and much more inconvenient if you, say, have to go to the bathroom and want to pause the movie quickly…

there is room enough in the bar below to have a dedicated remote button (one tap activates the remote for the default player if applicable, hold presents a popup for all visible players)…

I can’t believe this use case never came up during the testing of the app…

I guess now I have to shell out some dough for PlexPass for my voide to be heard.

All in all, I love what you guys are doing, and mostly for free… thanks for that, don’t let my ranting discourage you.

47. Winston November 20th, 2012 8:41 am

Wow! The new Media manager looks great. You guys have really been putting in some time on this! Thanks for all the hard work

48. Denys06 November 20th, 2012 8:47 am

Hello, thx, but this new version have a bug for other language. I’m french and I can’t save “Français” in Sections option. English come back all the time :(

49. elan November 20th, 2012 8:51 am

@claw: totally agreed, expect usability improvements there :)

50. eric November 20th, 2012 8:55 am

@Denys06 What browser are you using? Does it reset to English only after refreshing or immediately after you save the setting?

51. B. November 20th, 2012 9:03 am

@JS November
    It’s cool that you are using PMS on your Mac Mini, but currently there are 9 other PMS versions which need to manage the media somehow (windows+3 linux versions+5 nas versions). New web client allows to manage your movies and tv shows regardless of the platform, so it’s not all about the remote access and Mac…

52. brett November 20th, 2012 9:05 am

I hope this improves stability with DNLA on the PS3…last time I tried the audio freaked out on a DTS transcoding and about shredded my eardrums. I’d really love to drop PS3 Media Server for this purpose — they’ve done a great job, but I hate Java and it has horrid memory leaks on OS X.

53. Denys06 November 20th, 2012 9:10 am

Thx for your answer, I use Internet explorer and now I test into Safari. Not work in this two browsers. It reset when I save the setting immediately : http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/6366/54710912.jpg

54. pmill November 20th, 2012 9:10 am

Very nice release, good job guys.

55. Omer Ninyo November 20th, 2012 9:13 am

What about subtitle support in plex/web? I can’t see any subtitle option there…

56. Hank November 20th, 2012 9:37 am

This is great – the web UI is beautiful and everything runs like a breeze. I really really appreciate what plex has done.

57. Tog November 20th, 2012 10:07 am

Grat new app – what has happened to using the ipad as a remote – can’t find it anywhere

58. Pedro November 20th, 2012 10:15 am

Great! I too can’t help but feel that it’s a little unnecessary to not focus on the plentiful apps, but I guess this is handy if you don’t have access, or can’t install the app, like on being on a device/computer that isn’t yours.

Nevertheless, the ONE thing I wish the media manager could do is group all TV shows in a series into one OnDeck item (maybe only when recently added, or always, considering OnDeck queues up the next episode when watching the previous). I often add seasons/series at a time, and I hate having to see nothing but one show in recently added, or having to scroll forever to uncover something else in there hah. Please and thank you!

59. Dush November 20th, 2012 10:19 am

elan, How do you know if it’s remuxed or being transcoded? Because the internal players in the browser and say, iOS or Android won’t support DTS for example it’ll have to be re-compressed on the fly.

That’s why there ought to be a way of getting the raw file untouched to an external player on both the web-browser and mobile apps.

60. mattias November 20th, 2012 10:27 am

Doesnt work. Says I need plexpass

61. eric November 20th, 2012 10:32 am

@Denys06 Thanks. I can reproduce the issue. I’ll work on a fix to include with the next update.

62. elan November 20th, 2012 10:58 am

@Tog: Players button on toolbar, remote button in upper right.

63. elan November 20th, 2012 11:06 am

@Pedro: Doesn’t On Deck already combine things into a single episode per so? Do you mean recently added?

64. elan November 20th, 2012 11:09 am
  65. elan November 20th, 2012 11:10 am

@Dush: Generally speaking it should Do The Right Thing. If you want the original file, turn the quality up as high as possible and it’ll Direct Play or Direct Stream.

66. elan November 20th, 2012 11:16 am

@Omer Ninyo: It’ll use whatever audio/sub streams are selected, same as iOS et al.

67. Omer Ninyo November 20th, 2012 11:28 am

@elan well, weird than. coz I use plex on iOS and even Apple TV and no problems there… on web there are no options and no other streams. I’ll keep testing tomorrow.

68. Steven November 20th, 2012 11:37 am

From the brief time I’ve spent with this today, some of my thoughts:

- Marked improvement over the Mac client, from a feature standpoint. Though aestically a downgrade. That may sound like an odd thing to criticize, but part of the beauty of the way Plex works is how neat and organized the PMS system is compared to competing products.

- Cannot say how I glad I am to be able to have nested filtering of content.

- There still needs to be a way to see what’s in the Trash. It is, and continues to be, a pain in the butt when after a scan you notice there’s something in there but then need to browse your whole library to find what it is. Was it something you deleted on purpose, or a mistake. This may not seem like a big issue for those with small libraries, but when you’re dealing with large libraries it is an issue.

- Submenu for selecting filters (ie. collections) looks odd. I don’t know if it’s because it’s too small, or some other reason. The “oddness” aside, the size issue presents a problem if you want to select filters using a touch interface like the iPad. The check boxes are too small for my thumbs, and I don’t have large thumbs. On the desktop you can make selections by selecting the item name, on the iPad it only seems to work by touch the box.

I would still rather this stuff be handled with native apps instead of web apps and I really hope the Plex team doesn’t view the playback ability of this web app as a replacement of the Mac player. But these things are out of my hands. Like I said, this is a good leap forward, feature wise, for PMS… and with some interface changes and better touch support it could really be the perfect cross-platform PMS manager.

69. Mortum November 20th, 2012 12:04 pm

First of all, thank you for the great work you are doing. One thing however, I tried to use Media Manager in new Plex Media Server but I keep getting redirected to a web client. So, I cannot manage my media as I used to? I need paid subscription to PlexPass now? Please, help.

Thank you.

70. Noise November 20th, 2012 12:07 pm

Those with problems with signing in without plexpass on Windows and the above comments didn’t work… this worked for me.

Uninstall Plex Media Server, then go to C:Users%username%AppDataLocal and delete the “Plex Media Server” folder there.

Reinstall Plex Media Server and everything worked.

71. Bruno Rosa // TaRuGo November 20th, 2012 12:13 pm

Hello, Love the Plex long time a go, i just taught today, why u don’t link “My Queue” with “Watch Later” feature of youtube? Can be done? I don’t know, but will be much more usefull then now! :P

Thanks a lot!

72. elan November 20th, 2012 12:21 pm

@Mortum: On OS X, you can hold down Option to get the old manager.

73. Mortum November 20th, 2012 12:26 pm

@elan: Ah! That works! Thanks, Elan.

74. David November 20th, 2012 2:07 pm

In the former MAC app I could browse to find an image to change the poster or background for a movie. This seems to be gone. Is there a way to do this that I’m missing?

75. MichaelW November 20th, 2012 2:31 pm

elan-
    Is there any way to jump to a particular starting letter? I have over 2000 movies for example and in the previous manager I knew how far down to drag the scroll bar to get to a particular letter. Now it takes like 60 clicks or pg-down’s to get to L. Next, I could always pick out something that wasn’t matched properly in the previous manager, it would always be missing the year digits under the title. Now that there is no year, I cannot tell what it didn’t pick up anymore. Lastly, it was easier in the previous version where I could right click the item, choose to fix the match or unmatch. Can we get context-aware right clicks again, this way you have to do 4 extra clicks and it no longer horizontal scrolls the path/filename, it only shows the first several letters which makes it basically useless to see the filename if you have deep paths.

76. elan November 20th, 2012 2:41 pm

@MichaelW: we’ll be adding alpha-scrolling in the near future.

77. Jonathan November 20th, 2012 4:05 pm

Thanks for all of the amazing updates.. I see all of the changes marked as “(API)” do you have these items documented somewhere? I would really like to use some of them specifically – NEW: (API) Add new unviewedLeafCount/unwatched/unwatchedLeaves filter fields.
    NEW: (API) Allow >=, <=, and != operators on filter fields.

thanks

J

78. zach November 20th, 2012 5:50 pm

I updated my TV shows file with some more shows I add’d . When I hit the refresh button on the left it just slowly deleted everything I already had on plex, Am I missing something?

79. Nick November 20th, 2012 6:18 pm

Just downloaded 0.9.7.3. My photos section moved to a new drive letter and I didn’t realize at the time how to update properly so I deleted the old and added the new drive at the same time to the photos section. The scanner crashed when I did this multiple times, so I deleted the section and started from with a new one but it only scans the first few pictures and stops. Everything else about the new version looks great!

80. elan November 20th, 2012 10:02 pm

@Nick: would love to get crash reports/dumps from the scanner, or an upload of the photo that crashes it :)

81. elan November 20th, 2012 10:04 pm

@zach: It sounds like Plex might be confused about there your shows are; did you edit the section and remove old directories?

82. elan November 20th, 2012 10:07 pm

@Jonathan: email me if you’d like more details.

83. Denys06 November 21st, 2012 1:46 am

Eric if you are here, can you resolve too in the next version a problem with the international covers.

I have many french cover that don’t work :(

But she is present on the site : http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/15092-crank-ii-high-voltage?language=fr

84. escortgoj November 21st, 2012 2:24 am

very nice release…was very excited….but…;)…still no external subtitles (.srt) support for my PS3…:(
    @+

85. Geo November 21st, 2012 4:18 am

Thanks for the great update, I think you guys just killed the plex app seeing that the plexweb works much better and is free.

Happy Thanksgiving……

86. JBone November 21st, 2012 5:06 am

Wow!! Thanks for the update. Downloading now. Love PLEX!! Keep up the hard work.

87. ppson November 21st, 2012 5:58 am

Great release!

Now, when can we expect multiple myPlex users on one PMS (incl local network authentication) and in the cloud metadata merging for those of us who use multiple Media Servers?

Would make me one happy camper.

88. Pedro November 21st, 2012 8:51 am

@elan

Yes, sorry if I wasn’t clear. I meant Recently added. It’d be nice to combine them, and maybe even have a visual indication that there are more episodes.

89. Antonio November 21st, 2012 9:52 am

I’m also having the same “issue” as David. In the Mac app, we could browse for images to upload for the poster/background and that option isn’t available on the web manager.

90. Lazur November 21st, 2012 12:57 pm

For problems with PlexPass on Windows:

1. Exit Plex Media Server
    2. Delete the WebClient.bundle folder in C:Users%username%AppDataLocalPlex Media ServerPlug-ins
    3. Start Plex Media Server

91. dink November 21st, 2012 1:36 pm

With the improvments made on the CPU usage side of things does that mean you can get away with a less powerful processor to transcode, or does it make no difference at all?

92. plexuser November 21st, 2012 1:39 pm

Keep getting crashes after updating to this new plex.

93. elan November 21st, 2012 2:20 pm

@plexuser: crashes in which plex, sorry? Server, iOS? Logs & more details would be appreciated :)

94. elan November 21st, 2012 2:21 pm

@dink: It’s a good question; generally, the faster the CPU, the more time it’ll be idle now. If you couldn’t play something back before, it doesn’t help that case.

95. elan November 21st, 2012 2:31 pm

@Antonio/David: For now you can drop the image alongside the movie (e.g. 300.mkv/300.jpg) and it’ll get picked up when you refresh the item. We’ll look to add the ability to add via Plex/Web in the future for sure!

96. Jose Luis November 21st, 2012 3:42 pm

Srt subtitles dont work with ps3 and neither with my sony xbr-65hx925. I will keep using ps3 media server and universal media server.

97. mrsfnkta November 21st, 2012 9:00 pm

I’m stumped…

I deleted the WebClient.bundle…and logged out and logged back in to myPlex…

I can access my Server via the myPlex site…but NOT via the right-click of the icon in the System Tray. Media Manager leads to ‘Plex/Web’ but gives a blank screen – nothing else. Opening ‘Plex Media Manager’ via the myPlex site gives ‘Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage’.

Please let me know exactly what I am doing wrong here. So far, I have, as stated, logged out of and back into myPlex as well as restarting Plex Media Server (multiple times). I am currently running 0.9.7.3-d4217ec.

98. mrsfnkta November 21st, 2012 9:03 pm

I also can’t actually access anything via myPlex either. It indicates I am sharing media, but I can’t click on or change anything.

Any way I can go back to the older, clunkier way? That actually worked…

99. Gustavo November 22nd, 2012 4:13 am

Photos section not working properly. Setup as usual, but it only discovers the first album in the Pictures folder and just a couple of photos in it. Videos worked fine. Uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but the problem continues. Running Windows 8 Pro. Its a bummer because the Photos section is my favorite. Please help!!!

100. Nick November 22nd, 2012 9:29 am

@elan, I can send the picture that causes the scanner to stop if you want, not sure if it is crashing.

Me and one other person with this problem so far in this thread:

101. elan November 22nd, 2012 11:03 am

Nick: Please do!

102. Allen November 22nd, 2012 12:06 pm

How about making the cocoa versus web media manager a preference that I can set rather than requiring I remember a click-key combo? It’s just really annoying to have a choice forced on me. I’m fine if you want to make it he new default, but give me a place to pick what I want for a default, please!

Also, be really nice to get Applications back into the Plex client, I’m still stuck on pre-laika and having to look at other product as without this function, it’s impossible to use Plex as my front end for everything.

Other than those two niggles, great work guys and it’s much appreciated. I’d be more than happy to donate if that’ll help get those addressed!

103. Mr. T November 22nd, 2012 11:04 pm

Why will you not give users a choice if they want to use the web app or the old media server!? Nothing seems to be working after this ridiculous update. This web app thing will not let me play films in full screen mode but only in a tiny window and the old plex client doesn’t find any of my files anymore and can’t play any of them so it’s essentially become completely useless. Do you really expect people to watch all films in their browsers in tiny windows? Also, please add back the feature that opened a finder window with the folder that contained the film. It’s a pain in the ass the have to go through my entire library by hand to find a certain film if I need to do something with it.

104. Halil November 23rd, 2012 2:59 am

There is an issue, which has been there for a while i guess and is still present with the server.
    If you add a movie, update your database, and later add subtitles manually to the movie folder, it does not get picked up with any updates of the library.
    I have to relocate the entire movie, update the database so that it deletes the movie, and add the movie in my movies folder with the subtitles present for it to pick the subtitles up.
    It would be great if the server checks if there are new manually added subtitles. There is a refresh metadata button, maybe add a refresh subtitles button?

105. Vincent November 23rd, 2012 6:38 am

I’m having the same issue as mrsfnkta. My clients can’t connect to the server consistently (has connected maybe only 1 in 10 times). I can no longer get the Media Manager to run (exact same symptoms as mrs). I also can’t shut down the Plex components in task manager.

This is frustrating…would like to return to the older version as well.

I’m running Windows 8 pro…didn’t have any serious problems with the previous version of Plex.

Going to try completely uninstalling and re-installing.

106. elan November 23rd, 2012 10:41 am

@Mr T. Hold down the option key when selecting Media Manager to get the old (end-of-lifed) Cocoa manager.

107. luke November 23rd, 2012 2:41 pm

Can you please add a one click option in the settings, to open the Cocoa manager or web

Thanks

108. Knip November 23rd, 2012 5:59 pm

Still having pausing issues on xbox360 interface. Pausing every 3-10-20sec. Works on iOS, windows, web clients. Any news on the fix for it?

109. elan November 23rd, 2012 6:13 pm

@Halil ~ Generally a scan should pick up new subtitles. The only case I know of it not doing so is with certain buggy networked filesystems/storage devices where the modification time of directories isn’t updated properly.

110. Henry November 24th, 2012 10:35 am

so is it not possible to add your own artwork to movies and tv shows anymore? this was one of my favorite features and there seems to be no way to do it anymore.

111. elan November 24th, 2012 11:24 am

@Henry: you can do it by putting the files alongside the content (e.g. 300.mkv / 300.jpg). We’ll add the functionality back into Plex/Web too!

112. wookie November 24th, 2012 5:53 pm

guys,

just updated, little slow i know, back end management, one word “Awesome!”.

My 16Tb ZFS 6 core monster loves you for it!

113. elan November 24th, 2012 7:57 pm

@wookie ~ hey! another ZFS lover! *fist bump*

114. Teyo November 24th, 2012 11:24 pm

In the old media server there were multiple options when refreshing the media lists:

refresh
    option + refresh
    shift + refresh

If i added new files and just clicked refresh it would not always find all of my new files, whereas if I did an option + refresh it always fully updated it. Now with the new web version if i click refresh it doesn’t find the new content and it doesn’t seem like there are any other refresh methods. ie. option + refresh doesn’t pickup new content either.

HELP PLS!@!!

115. Heschulz November 25th, 2012 8:09 am

Thank you for the amazing job!

116. elan November 25th, 2012 8:17 am

@Teyo: Hit the “wrench” icon for the section and you can do a forced refresh, deep scan, and other maintenance tasks.

117. eLiTeR33 November 25th, 2012 10:27 am

I love it! Looks great and works well. The only problem that I am having is adding a new directory remotely when away from my home.
    the directory is –
    /Volumes/Media/++Music++/++New Music++/
    However, no matter what I do it keeps changing the path to this –
    /Volumes/Media/ Music / New Music

Can I add new directories to scan while accessing remotely with the Plex Web Interface? Or am I doing something wrong?

118. swissplexer November 25th, 2012 10:29 am

hey guys, you’ve done a really great job. I was spending the day finding out what’s new, trying it an let it work:-) Just great! One little thing I would have to suggest. Would be great if there will be a possibility to add posters and background pictures from the browser within the web application someday. So long…can’t wait for further news.

119. elan November 25th, 2012 11:24 am

@swissplexer: Yes! We’ll be doing that.

120. David November 25th, 2012 3:04 pm

Although my movies and TV shows play without difficulty, I’m having problems playing music. None of my music would start to play. I deleted the Music section, and recreated it from scratch. The music played. A day later, none would play. I deleted and recreated the section, and it works again. Help.

Second issue. In the MAC application I could go to the folder and “see” the file that was trying to be searched and matched. Is there a way to “go to the file” to do this in the web application? Thanks.

121. Teyo November 25th, 2012 7:34 pm

thanks :)

122. David November 25th, 2012 8:48 pm

When you say to put the files alongside the content, “(e.g. 300.mkv / 300.jpg)” can you be more specific? Where and how? Thanks.

123. Rick November 26th, 2012 3:44 am

Is there a way to roll back this update. I don’t know for sure at this point but my system is acting like there is a huge memory leak in the transcoder. This is a Win7 64bit machine with 16 GB of Ram. The system starts up and everything seems fine. If I stream to one of my ATVs the system starts to consume more memory. Eventually it is all used and the machine crashes out of memory. Resource monitor does not show where the memory is being used it just shows it all used.

124. elan November 26th, 2012 10:20 am

@David: if you have a movie called “Movie.mkv” just put the poster for it in the same directory, named “Movie.jpg”.

125. BillCoop November 26th, 2012 3:53 pm

Issue with the new media manager – I’ve record NFL games, and put them in a folder called “NFL”, but PLex is not seeing new additions. It is trying to categorise them as NFL Films from 1970, which I’ve edited to NFL Season 2012-2013. My issue is how to I get to the files, as there’s 2 files not present in Plex MM. They are named as ‘NFL Season – 2012-13 – Week 11 – Pittsburgh Steelers v Baltimore Ravens.m4v’ for example I’m set for hourly scans, and the new files went into the folder a day ago.

Also is there no ‘Sport’ genre?

iMac – mid 2011. OS X 10.8.2

126. elan November 26th, 2012 5:55 pm

@BillCoop: just to clarify, there is no change in scanning with the new manager, this is just a new interface to it. I’m not sure what sort of section you created, but if it’s TV, then the files need to be named correctly (e.g. …2012-01-13….avi). See the naming guide for more information ~ http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/Media_Naming_and_Organization_Guide

127. Smulders November 26th, 2012 10:26 pm

Plex Media Server (0.9.7.3.317-d4216ec, downloaded from the website) on my Synology DS212j seems to be crashing randomly. It is not triggered by anything, it just quits sometimes. This happens about one or two times per hour. I have to (re)start Plex using the Synology web interface.

How can I view the crash log and send it to you guys?

I also don’t have any cover-art, not in the web app, OS X app or iOS app. Optimizing, cleaning bundles or deep scanning doesn’t fix it. I only have Hollywood blockbusters and mainstream music/tv-shows and Freebase have the covers available.

128. ben November 27th, 2012 10:24 am

I’m having an issue with the artwork as well. Having created a whole section just for workout videos and having to fake them as TV shows (naming a stand alone file as “s1e1″ or a multi part DVD as “s1″ followed by “e1, e2,” for each chapter etc) for Plex to even pick them up, the manual artwork function was pretty helpful. I’ve dropped “.jpg” files into the folders, named them the same thing as the “series” title, but it still wont pick them up. Thankfully the ones I created before the update are all still there, and a few are not even remotely close in name to the corresponding video.

Perhaps I’m making an error on my end, but really it would be great if that function could be brought back. Much simpler, and really, unless you guys can figure out a way to allow for things other than movies and TV shows to get scanned like using data from amazon or something, then its really a necessary thing. Thanks.

129. mike November 27th, 2012 4:51 pm

ugh, PMS does not show up for xbox(used to). MBP with no firewall and I cant seem to get a connection to my xbox. anyone else having this problem?

130. Lars November 27th, 2012 11:30 pm

I wonder, could it be possible to list the current version on the management page? I keep having to check what is the actual version. I noticed in the source some css pages reference 0.9.8.1 even though I have 0.9.7.3 (Debian) installed.

131. elan November 27th, 2012 11:40 pm

@Lars: it’s listed at the top of the server manager page in Plex/Web.

132. JJ November 28th, 2012 12:34 pm

How do I force refresh metadata on several movies at the same time on this one`?

133. Soli November 28th, 2012 1:34 pm

Its just not stable. I have to restart it approx once or twice daily. I think it helped a little by disablig the DLNA part. Going back to 0.9.6.9 which is rock solid, and hope you figure out the stability problems with the newer releases.

134. elan November 28th, 2012 4:55 pm

@Soli: does it crash for you once daily? We’re tracking an issue related to a possible OS X bug where the network interface bounces up and down, which causes Bonjour clients to leak sockets and eventually crashes PMS, among other apps. I’d love to see a crash report from you if it’s crashing.

135. preat November 29th, 2012 12:27 am

Great work on the web app guys! Not to burn the previous interface, but it looks and interacts a million times better :)

136. Mike Jovanovic November 29th, 2012 6:34 pm

Hello,

Since the new upgrade, I’ve been getting a lot of crashing, all throughout the day, it looks like it happens during scanning.

Windows 7 64bit, ver 0.9.7.3

Let me know what log files I should upload and where to upload them and I will.

Thanks – Plex has been amazing – totally changes the way we watch media in this house.

137. elan November 29th, 2012 9:16 pm
  138. Romuald November 30th, 2012 12:03 am

Hello,

Installed on Synology DS210j and some problems.
    Lots of server crash and no pictures downladed.

Can we expect upgrade with bugfixs ?

Thanks

139. Fabiano November 30th, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi, first of all congratulations on this excelent product. Big fan! Questio: I can selected Audio and Subtitles in the movie page before playing but when I actually play the movie it reverta back to the defaults. Any way to select other audio streams and subtitles? Any way to change them during playback?

140. elan November 30th, 2012 8:56 pm

@Fabiano: That should work, the only thing I can think of is maybe you have MP4 media which is being Direct Played by the browser? Otherwise, logs and more details would help.

141. Frode December 1st, 2012 11:28 am

Installed the ARM version 0.9.7.3 on Readynas Duo 2. No Filmposters at all. Countless rescanns and restarts. Very frustrating! Luckily I have a copy of 0.9.6.314. I will now uninstall the new version, and install the old one that works.

142. Nathan December 1st, 2012 11:32 am

1) Absolutely love the new web manager/interface. The performance of streaming videos has greatly been improved. And it’s stupid easy to navigate.

2)Not sure where to post bugs and questions on specific releases, but some videos do not go into fullscreen well. I’ve noticed this on an avi with 2.35 aspect ratio and nothing else.

3)How are you supposed to add videos to collections now. I went into the info for movies and tried, but every time I save it, it disappears. I would love for collection adding to be faster.

143. elan December 1st, 2012 1:06 pm

@Nathan: (2) It’s a known issue with jwPlayer, we’ve reported it. Should work fine on Safari/OS X which uses the native HTML5 player. (3) You should be able to select multiple movies with shift/control held down, and then click on the “add to collection” button on the left.

144. PS December 1st, 2012 5:47 pm

this version does *NOT* fix the iOS playback problems. random and often looping sections, or video after about 2 minutes will just cut out (sound continues). please fix the iOS app! seems like it is not the server, but the iOS app itself. was working perfectly fine before, but now it is totally unusable.

145. elan December 1st, 2012 6:27 pm

@PS: The fix for the loopy backback in Plex for iOS version 3.0 (which was released just Nov 20th) was submitted to Apple a few days ago, and we’re waiting on them to act. Please have a bit of patience, we’re at the mercy of Apple here.

146. PS December 2nd, 2012 1:39 pm

hello. wow, happy to hear that! i tried searching for some kind of official acknowledgement or info on a fix, and couldn’t seem to dig anything up. but, knowing that it’s now in apple’s hands, i will be happy to wait. thanks for the super fast reply (1 hour!). looking forward to exploring all the other new goodies once it lands.

147. Peter December 3rd, 2012 10:23 am

Very disillusioned having read these posts for the last hour or so. Everything that used to work has either become a constant “crashing” or not available feature. It is faster than before, couldn’t be slower, but streaming fails constantly making it useless for any practical entertainment use. I use via OSx, iOS, Win 7, Linux and Android. All of which have problems now.
    Have wasted 72 plus hours trying to find solutions so that I can again watch and manage media using Plex, only to find that others have the same issues and there are no answers and no “fixes”. Such a pity that a good system has been turned into a “White Elephant” that looks good but “crashes” and “freezes” constantly, having little of the original management functionality. I keep hoping this is all just a joke in bad taste but from what I read here it seems that we have lost a good system for real.

148. elan December 3rd, 2012 11:34 am

@Peter: All drama aside, there are a massive number of people using Plex quite happily. Can you be a bit more specific as to the issues you’re running into? Your complaints are too vague to offer any recommendations, unfortunately.

149. David December 3rd, 2012 12:18 pm

Hi @elan,

I have a lot of problems with the last version on a ReadyNas Duo V2 (ARM). The version was so problematic that I had to uninstall and install a previous version.

First time, after install I add my path with lost of media content. It crash continuously. I tried to change agents preferences (try to reduce the number of agents, mainly because I suspect of a problem in the TheTvdb agent. Same result. After that I removed and install again deleting all the /root/Library folder and begin with a directory with only a few contents. Similar results.

Besides that, when I browse the contents using Plex client (both Mac version and Samsung Smart Tv) none graphics content appear, however,same theme music sound. The video contents some time play, sometime said that it couldn’t find.

Today I have install a previous version (PlexMediaServer-0.9.6.9.240-8fd9c6a-arm.bin) and it is working much better. However I have found that it demands a lot of RAM, the ReadyNas Duo V2 has only 256 Mb of ram, i have realised that the machine has a load level close to 10 when is doing the scanning, but the CPU user is under 40%, so I have concluded that the problem was continuous memory swapping. I have switch off some services and right now I think is working much better, so I suspect that the problem with the new version could be that is even more memory consumer, and that could make continuos overload.

It is really a pitty, because I’ve been testing with the Plex client for the smart TV and I can tell you that is the best method for content consumption in the TV I have tried till now.

I hope you improve the version and solve the disturbing problem in that version, let me know I can help you to do it.

Kindly regards,

150. elan December 3rd, 2012 12:34 pm

@David: We’re having second thoughts about supporting ARM-based servers in general. The limited resources make it very hard to provide a good experience, unfortunately :(

151. Brett December 3rd, 2012 3:53 pm

The new build is nice in theory but ever since I upgraded I can no longer access anything.

All the sections that I’ve added show up as folders on my PS3. But anytime I go into them they all state that no media content was found.

The Plex Media Center also sits on a “Plex Media Server waiting for response…” message.

I’ve restarted PMS several times and even rebooted my computer but there’s no change.

152. David December 3rd, 2012 11:21 pm

@Elan, I agree with you, but DO believe me, it will be a really pity to not to have a ARM version, because it is a perfect companion for the ReadyNas, But what is true is the last version is too complex for the limited resources of the ReadyNas, so it would be fine to have a lite version, just with the features of the 0.9.6 track, but without the bugs!

By the way, yesterday I found a bug (in 0.9.6.9.240) related to the name of the file and the subtitles. The name of the video contains three dots in a row, something like “it is…a really pity.mkv”. The subtile has the same name, but the server (or the client, I don’t know) didn’t find the subtitle. I have renamed both files and it works nice.

153. David December 8th, 2012 9:22 am

I tried to watch several Stewart and Colbert episodes using their channels on my PMS Version 0.9.7.7.339-5ec3b53 on my Mac. The first segment of each show would play correctly (usually about 9 minutes), but the player wouldn’t show subsequent segments. Help, and thanks.

154. Nicholas December 16th, 2012 6:38 pm

I happen to have a little problem with Plex Media Server. I just downloaded the plex web, and I must say, it’s great! However, I’ve been having this little problem for awhile now. When I try to play a movie on the letmewatchthis channel on plex, the movie will play for a good 7-10 minutes, then it will stop playing. Then it restart the entire movie over and the same thing happens over and over. If someone, anyone! please please please help me! Please

155. J.p.jansen December 26th, 2012 6:06 am

Hello,
    I am Dutch, zo my English is no good, sorry.
    Can I somewhere write in Dutch ??

I Cannot get subtitels automatical.
    In one of the latest versions it worked perfect; with “S” Subtitels got “on” of “of”.

Now I do not know Whats to do.

Help me Plessers

J.p.jansen
    Amsterdam

156. Enda January 5th, 2013 4:08 pm

am trying to upload artwork for media that won’t match properly – I had done it in previous version of PMS. I have attempted several times but all that comes up is the plex chevron symbol. I have also put the jpg files with same name beside the relevant media in the same directory etc as directed above, but again, a refresh doesn’t pick it up and nor does it come up as an option when you go to choose artwork.

157. Leszek January 10th, 2013 10:48 am

When I am playing videos on my computer I have sound but no picture. The picture is on my samsung tv set when I am streaming to it.

158. kt January 13th, 2013 11:44 pm

hi i just updated my synology ds412+ to plex 0.9.7
    was initially working but has now a message after logging in to myPlex – “this server is unavailable to you – sign out”
    this never happened before now I can’t access anything…

159. Xanca January 27th, 2013 8:10 am

No puedo ver el puntero del raton… Tambien me pasa cuando tengo el Media Center maximizado.
    S.O. – Windows 8
    Video – NVIDIA GeForce GT 530 (1024 MB)
    BIOS Version 70.8.29.0.1
    Controlador 9.18.13.1090 – nVIDIA Detonator 10.90
    Espero que me podais ayudar.
    Gracias

160. Ron February 18th, 2013 8:26 pm

I have installed 0.9.7.12.407-db37d6d on a macbook running snow leopard (10.6.8), iphoto V 7.5.1, and itunes V 11.0.1 (12). The server works through a Sony bluray dvd to the tv. The server comes up ok, and you can select Itunes or iphoto ok. After a while, you can also see and play the itunes music (but only after 5 or 10 minutes after startup), on the other hand you can see the files in iphoto, but when you go to the pictures within that file you get the message “There is no playable file”. I can’t seem to find any way of making them work and I have not had answers to this question from other forums. Does anyone have a solution for me please?

161. Kjartab February 25th, 2013 12:35 pm

I have proplem with the new 9.7.13 after I upgraded my friends who are useing 9.7.12 have the proplem after 7-10 minuets the movies frezzes and you have to start over when they stream from me.

162. JLo February 25th, 2013 11:27 pm

Great Job!
    Are you going to support Sony TV with Plex App Client. As I know that Plex App is only available on Samsung TV and LG TV store.

163. justin March 14th, 2013 6:40 am

Where can i download the standalone media server and SERPARATE player

This new plex blow donkey balls and i cant stand it, constant crashes, constant errors of all kinds. eeeeeeeeeer!!!!!!!
    This was the best app I had ever found, but not sucks.

Please help to send me a link to get the old one back on my mac

164. Matt April 6th, 2013 12:09 am

No paypal you say? and im with justin i WANT THE &*^*ING STAND ALONG PLAYER AGAIN! No paypal, NO SALE

165. elan April 6th, 2013 4:35 pm

@matt – not quite sure what you’re yelling about, but we take PayPal.

166. Da5h June 30th, 2013 5:04 am

I’m having the same problem as Ron with the iphoto side of things. I’m seeing the preview of the pictures but when I go to try and bring it full screen the message no data available comes up.

167. jiggy gaton September 9th, 2013 9:52 pm

I have this same problem here, was it ever answered?

Also is there no ‘Sport’ genre?

iMac – mid 2011. OS X 10.8.2