Introducing myPlex - Plex Blog

Introducing myPlex

, | 28 Oct 2011 | by 91 Comments

So a few months ago, we were all sitting around at Plex World Headquarters, in that fourth story corner office with the long mahogany conference desk and wraparound window that was just starting to let in a magnificent sunset. The new Roku was hooked up to the flatscreen, running Angry Birds, and I was trying to get a handle on the controller. For some reason I kept launching the birds backwards, and after a particularly violent swing, I knocked over Darrin’s beer. “Uncool, dude”, he said, wiping up the Deschutes microbrew.

From the corner, Scott raised his head from his iPad, flicked an imaginary piece of lint off his shirt, and asked the room “So what do you all make of iCloud?”

“As long as it can store my Golden Eggs, I think it’s the most brilliant thing on the planet”, I replied, sending a boomerang bird shooting straight up into the air.

“Seriously, though”, Scott continued, “if Apple is doing it, it must be brilliant. Or different, or something”.

Those words stuck with me, and over the next few months we all worked long hours, behind the multiple levels of biometric security at the Plex Technology Lab. And now, we’re finally ready to reveal what we’ve been working on.

The Plex cloud services – we’ve called them myPlex – are designed to do three things to help make your lives easier:

1) An incredibly easy way for you to access your media remotely. One of the most common support questions we get involves connecting a mobile device to media stored at home. It’s a tricky process, and we’ve worked to make it ridiculously simple. Once you’ve created a Plex account (and if you have a forums account, you already have one), you simply sign in on the Plex Media Server, and on your Plex client (e.g. iOS or Android), and you’re done. Super easy, and super awesome. Even if you have multiple Plex Media Servers in multiple locations, and multiple mobile devices, myPlex keeps track of everything in order to give you a seamless experience.

MyPlex

IOS

My Plex  The Office

2) A universal media queue. How many times have you run across a video and thought “I’d love to watch this on Plex later”? Or perhaps your aunt (the one who always sends you a birthday card with your name ever so slightly misspelled) forwarded you a YouTube video about cats that’s actually funny, and you want to watch it on your TV. Well, we’ve implemented a nifty bookmarklet that lets you save web videos (and soon other media as well) to your myPlex media queue. This queue is available on all myPlex-enabled clients, with all the features you’re already familiar with (stop on one client, resume on another), and on-the-fly transcoding when needed (say, for example, for watching that Flash video on your iPhone).

MyPlexQueue

IOS Simulator

We support over 100 sites at launch (many thanks to Ian, Mike, Sander, Pierre, and others!), and the coolest part about it? The technology behind the media queue is based on our popular and powerful Plex Framework, which means that it’s easy for anyone to write one, usually in a few dozen lines of code. Oh yeah, and there is an API as well, for easy integration with third party software.

3) An easy way for you to share your personal media with friends. In this day and age, we generate huge amounts of personal media, our digital legacy of 0s and 1s. And now that you have them beautifully organized in the Plex Media Server, wouldn’t it be nice to share all your kid’s soccer videos with his grandparents? We’ve made it incredibly easy to share via the myPlex web site. With zero additional configuration, any myPlex-enabled client can browse and play the shared media.

My Plex  The Office

IOS shared

All of these new features imply enhancements to the clients, and we realize that many of you are eager to hear about updates to the mobile and desktop clients. Stay tuned…

1. clnr October 28th, 2011 3:38 am

Cool!

2. Ashtemple October 28th, 2011 3:39 am

Oh my good god!! this looks amazing!! You are the Don King Daddys!! WOW!!!!! Thank you

3. Cliff October 28th, 2011 3:40 am

I can’t see many of the images on this entry.

4. Trevor October 28th, 2011 3:41 am

Sounds Awesome! Love the hard work. One question will myPlex have some sort of WOL capability because currently I have to leave my media server on to access it from the wan side of my router.

5. André Buseth Wigum October 28th, 2011 3:45 am

Wow wow wow! Awesome stuff! Can’t wait to try it out! :D

6. Sergio October 28th, 2011 3:46 am

cool! waiting now for the new PMS/mac client/….

And you promissed feature parity between mac/windows/linux PMS’es, right? RIGHT?

7. M October 28th, 2011 3:48 am

“I can’t see many of the images on this entry.”

I can’t see any…

8. mitah October 28th, 2011 3:49 am

Sound lik a lot of time and work that could have been invested better … navigation large libraries on ios and mac clients is excruciatingly slow… (no A-Z bar on ios, no page scrolling on the mac with apple remote) … not being able to see switch between watched/unwatched filter for every category… these are serious features that were removed with plex9, and I can’t understand why you would invest in new features when ‘promises were made’ to get all the old plex 8 features back into plex 9…

I am somewhat disappointed with the recent development of plex… and I know, it’s free, but that doesn’t mean I can’t have an opinion about the general direction development has taken in recent times…

9. james October 28th, 2011 3:54 am

@mitah: The end of the post states that information about the client updates will follow shortly. We think you’ll be pleased with what we’ve been working on :-)

10. Timthing October 28th, 2011 3:58 am

sweeeeeet. Thank you. Can’t wait to see how it all works.

11. Alastair October 28th, 2011 4:01 am

@mitah: agreed

12. Alastair October 28th, 2011 4:02 am

@james: sounds good! :)

13. Andre Reis October 28th, 2011 4:06 am

Shortly as in.. today? :)

14. DeanDMX October 28th, 2011 4:11 am

Looks cool. Is there a timeframe for this and the new update?

I have to agree with mitah. More focus should be put into existing and removed features. Plex on Lion for example is not a great experience (whenever I switch from Plex my mouse cursor disappears!) Performance and system resource usage is not great and the Media Manager could do with some love. Let’s not even mention the iOS version which remains almost wholly unchanged since its release, bugs and all.

Plex is my main form of media consumption and I use it all the time. I just wish it made using it full time a bit easier.

15. Marc October 28th, 2011 4:16 am

Any plans on getting a KIND of APPLE TV APP (OFFICIALLY) i have 3 new APPLE TV’s and i don’t want them jailbroken .. then someone here at home updates them and i need to do it again and again .. LOL ..

16. Tobias October 28th, 2011 4:20 am

yeah, sharing media with friends would be awesome!! im still hoping for a windows client!

17. Joey October 28th, 2011 4:21 am

I have been using plex for a while now and am very happy. I know how to get to my plex server using dyndns. Simple and I really dont need another service to do that. I run dyndns either way. I always love updates and I know the iOS update is ready but needs to be released. Cant wait to update my entire network :)

18. nick October 28th, 2011 4:28 am

@DeanDMX @mitah you guys keep forgetting the last sentence of the post. They are obviously releasing a new version with most likely a ton of big fixes as well as other features. Please remember this is FREE to you. You are welcome to try out other media center applications if Plex does not suite your needs.

19. james October 28th, 2011 4:32 am

@Marc: Apple don’t currently allow third-party developers to write apps for the Apple TV, hence the need to jailbreak.

20. fhb October 28th, 2011 4:38 am

very nice, hope you solve the problem of asymetrical upload/download rate somehow sometime ;-)

21. mark light October 28th, 2011 4:52 am

Awesome!

22. DeanDMX October 28th, 2011 5:13 am

@nick I’ll never understand the mindset that because a piece of software is free, you aren’t allowed to say anything bad about it, or to suggest ways in which it could be improved. It’s the developers decision to offer Plex for free. If they charged for it I would happy pay. I use Plex because I think it’s the best at what it does for my needs. The iOS app isn’t free BTW.

The reason I took the the time to post is because I care about the software and want to see it improved, not from some sense of entitlement. The dev’s are under no obligation to take any of our advice or even to listen to complaints. But strangely enough, they have comments and a forum for this exact purpose.

23. sivilcrisis October 28th, 2011 5:31 am

Fantastic! Please tell me you are allowing for my “added sources” in PLEX to finally be viewed on the iOS PLEX app.

Fingers Crossed! :)

24. P Kemp October 28th, 2011 5:59 am

great. now i have a reason to upgrade my mac mini to lion.

25. jon October 28th, 2011 6:04 am

PLEX team,

You guys are doing amazing things and as someone who has been using it since it was called OSXBMC I have no complaints whatsoever. Please keep doing what you are doing. I run it on a mac mini connected to my tv, I run the media server from an unRAID box, I have the client on my iphone, my ipad, my Apple TV, I even installed the Samsung TV app. It amazes me that people complain as much as they do in these comments about how you haven’t added the features that they care about most. Plex is THE BEST media server / media client out there and there are so many of of that are super thankful for all of your hard work and dedication! And it’s still free!!! I think its time to make a donation.

26. dirRtyjoe October 28th, 2011 6:06 am

when can we have it!?! :-D

27. james October 28th, 2011 6:10 am

@P Kemp: Lion isn’t required to use myPlex! :-)

28. Sascha October 28th, 2011 6:16 am

This is frackin’ awesome guys. Congratulations on the idea. I knew something was coming, but I had no clue it would be anything like this. You keep amazing me. You are like the Apple of the media center world :-)

Speaking of Apple: BRING ON AIRPLAY, WILL YOU? :-)

Cheers

29. dirRtyjoe October 28th, 2011 6:19 am

Notice he said ‘desktop’ not Mac when referring to desktop clients… Maybe we’re getting a Windows client!!

30. Ilton October 28th, 2011 6:26 am

It looks amazing, i am looking forward to trying it out!
    Good job!

31. bdumes October 28th, 2011 6:38 am

Sounds incredible! Can’t wait to play with it!

32. Thomas Hansen October 28th, 2011 6:50 am

Wow guys! Just wanted to shout out how amazing you’ve made my and my familys digital life! We use plex every single day; on our family TV in the livingroom, our daughter on her Mac mini and me on my iPad (i just love being able to watch Star Trek in my lunchbreak at work!).

A nice bonus with the new sharing feature (i hope) is (finaly) being able to filter out what sources my daughter can use on her Mac mini? She is only 8 years and being able to hide stuff like dexter and true blood from her client is something that i’ve been missing. This should be possible now if i create different plex-accounts for me and her and then only share the child-safe sources with her account, right? Or will it still pop up if its on the same LAN anyway?

Again, just want to say a big thanks for the awsome work you guys are putting into this project.

33. fudge October 28th, 2011 6:54 am

It would be good if the media queue could work with a bookmarklet like Flingo…

34. Ed October 28th, 2011 6:56 am

@DMX: “I’ll never understand the mindset that because a piece of software is free, you aren’t allowed to say anything bad about it, or to suggest ways in which it could be improved.”

Couldn’t agree more. This “well, it’s free, if you don’t like it try something else” line is so old. Shortsighted idiots trot this out time after time.

I’ve been using Plex since 2008, and if you think I’m going to desert it now just cos you don’t like my opinions, you’ve got another thing coming. In related news, I’ve been using Plex since 2008, so my opinions and criticisms are based on solid experience and from being invested in the software.

“It’s free so if you don’t like it try something else”. How old are the kids who come out with this crap FFS? Tell you what son, my opinions are free too and if you don’t like them stick ‘em up your arse.

35. RockStar October 28th, 2011 7:26 am

This sharing stuff is kick ass! Finally one can decide who gets to see what! Amazing!

36. PeteBest October 28th, 2011 7:27 am

Does sound interesting, but like a few of the others here I’m not that impressed so far. I’ve switched to XBMC on a temporary basis, and while the library function is rubbish compared to the Plex one, I no longer suffer from any 720p playback problems.

Just wish that the devs were more pro-active in asking and listening to user feedback rather than just what they seem to think is a cool idea. Sure, most of the time that works out well, but it can also leave a product that no one outside the Plex team actually want.

Fingers crossed that the rest of these secret updates will make me want to switch back!

37. STARCASINO October 28th, 2011 7:33 am

I sure hope there is more news on the DVD (ISO Format) support, I mean come on… FireCore added support of iso to the AppleTV2 and it works wonderfully on my 3000 + collection of DVD’s in iso format via Media Player. I hope that we will be pleasantly surprised with this much desired addition in upcoming updates. I know for a fact that many Plex users share my sentiments — Nevertheless, I do welcome the cloud enhancements and am eager to see it in action! Right On, Plex!!!

38. Chris C October 28th, 2011 7:37 am

In regards to the ‘complaining’:

I don’t think the point is “it’s free, so stop complaining”. As mentioned, there’s no problem with voicing your opinion even for a free product. Saying otherwise is just silly.

Rather, I think the point here is that the end of the blog post clearly indicates that this isn’t the full extent of the planned announcement. Thus, wait until the topic you’re interested in is actually discussed before complaining that Feature X or Fix Y wasn’t included. Until we hear some details on the rest, we really can’t say what might or might not have been fixed or added.

I think this is definitely an extremely exciting time to be a Plex user and I can’t wait for the rest of the info to come out!

39. Erik October 28th, 2011 9:23 am

I love Plex! However it seems like you’ve lost focus on the main thing. Watching movies, series and listening to music at home. Instead of adding features you should fix all the problems experienced today. I know how boring it is to do these things, but it’s necessary to keep the users loyal.
    MyPlex is nothing for me. I just hope you’ve coded everything with security in mind.

40. Charles F October 28th, 2011 10:17 am

Nice to see the improvements. Here’s to hoping that one of the non-mentioned improvements was Plex operating under Lion where media is stored on separate NAS….

41. Tom October 28th, 2011 10:35 am

Incredibly impressive stuff guys, congratulations!

Really looking forward to this, especially being able to share my content with friends and family.

42. Anthony October 28th, 2011 10:45 am

Awesome

Now we need need remote access directly from the Mac & PC. Not only from mobile apps !!!

Why is that so hard to do ? No conversion needed !! Just transmission and VLC do the rest

43. Ryan October 28th, 2011 10:45 am

My main problem with plex is this feature:
    NEW: If subtitle files are dropped in next to a piece of media, they will be picked up on-the-fly without a need to rerefresh the item or section.

It dosn’t work if u have folders for seasons in the series directory.
    I think this is a huge problem (and maybe the solution is not so complicated)

44. plakna October 28th, 2011 10:54 am

STEILO! Woah :o)

45. Andre Reis October 28th, 2011 11:29 am

@Anthony: the limitation is on ffmpeg’s side, Plex needs to move to a newer version of ffmpeg that supports HTTP Live Streaming.

This is far from trivial, but who knows, perhaps they managed to do it.

I’m also looking forward to a Plex client that can ask PMS for transcoded media.

46. Nixta October 28th, 2011 11:39 am

To all of you who say “Meh” and “Wha” and “It’s totally useless to me so you’ve wasted your lives” to all this myPlex stuff, know right now that it’s EXACTLY what I’ve been looking for for a long time, and I’m supremely grateful to Elan and the rest of the amazing team for doing it and dedicating their lives to my further happiness. So there. And I happen to know, because my mother once told me so, that my opinion is really REALLY important.

P.S. My Plex doesn’t crash. So there.

47. JPer October 28th, 2011 2:54 pm

This is incredible! I can’t believe that this is the first of many updates we’ll hear about in the next few weeks! This announcement seems like the “one more thing” moment! Can’t wait to see the iOS updates! You guys are killing it! As always! Please don’t focus on the negative comments above! I don’t think people really understand just how much this is going to revolutionize Plex as a product! Congrats!!!

48. Ssethia60 October 28th, 2011 3:04 pm

How do I get “my plex” on PMS/Nine which I have installed on my Mac ? I do not see the tab “my plex” when I open the plex preferences tab. Please advise.

49. Cottser October 28th, 2011 3:04 pm

I cannot wait for the universal media queue, sounds like a dream come true! I’ve tried almost all the “save videos for later” services but in the end all I really want to do is watch them on the big screen, with a remote.

I love Plex and use it almost every day.

50. Matt October 28th, 2011 3:08 pm

Any chance the new player discussed back in February will finally make it to the Mac client? I have loved Plex since for years, but the last 4 movies I tried to watch bombed out (encoded for iPad, play fine there and in QuickTime). I love the new features, but wish they would help Plex actually play media.

Plugin support for streaming sites has always been my biggest draw to Plex, but unfortunately even that doesn’t work too well anymore. The quality of the ESPN3 plugin is so poor that I just launch safari now.

Obviously, the devs do not manage plugins, but the overall experience of using Plex is not very satifying. I love the media manager, the iOS app, and loads of other features. At the same time, as soon as Apple provides a way to watch live tv, including college sports and the NFL, I’ll move to the ATV.

51. squirrellydw October 28th, 2011 4:23 pm

Wow, can’t wait to try this out. Keep up the great work and don’t worry about the idiots complaning.

52. uber October 28th, 2011 7:03 pm

Looking forward to reading about the new features as they’re revealed. Thanks to the Plex team for all their hard work in the face of what must be limited resources.

I cannot tell conclusively based on the blog post or from the comments, but it seems like myPlex won’t be available for the Mac client? My gf loves to watch shows with her friends during lunch at work and if myPlex were available for the Mac client, myPlex sounds like something she could really use. Could someone answer definitively whether or not this is the case? It seems rather strange that a feature is available for the iPad/iPhone/Android, but not one’s Mac. I read the comment above about the limitations of ffmpeg, but I do want to point out that such a limitation would really cripple the service in the beginning. I know there are other ways of going about it, but the simpler, the better. And myPlex seems as simple and straightforward as can be – which is its main draw.

Actually, come to think of it, at work she uses a PC. Is there (will there be) a windows client (i.e., PleXBMC) for which myPlex could be used?

53. Laurence October 28th, 2011 7:32 pm

I’m really not sure why the idiots are complaining either. I’ve used Plex for 2 years and I have 5TB of series and 4TB of HD films on multiple drives. Plex plays everything better than MPlayer, VLC, QuickTime or anything else. I’ve had a few issues with metadata, but almost every single issue I’ve encountered was due to faulty naming, media or something else unrelated to the Plex app. I’ve used the Android, iOS and multiple Mac and Windows versions and they all work better than any commercial software I’ve used. I ripped some of it myself, but more impressive is that I’ve downloaded most of it from torrents, newsgroups, etc. and that means that my content is more diverse than most. If you’ve ripped a bunch of DVDs into some format that doesn’t play properly in Plex, then rip it in a different format. I’ve yet to find a file online that doesn’t play well with Plex.

I welcome the new sharing features and I know it won’t be perfect at first, but I also know it will work better than any other software in this category.

54. Ecopod October 28th, 2011 8:50 pm

Bow Wow Wow – I wanted candy and now I have it. Rock on Nixta cause you called it, this is exactly what I wanted and I’m as happy as a pig in poo. Plex like almost any development has grown and has more users to satisfy, just take Lincoln’s quote and substitute please for fool. Unlike some others I’ll wait on the other announcements then comment, and hey I’ll probably like them. Huge thanks to all the team at Plex, I guess at some point you set out to design a media interface anyone can use and you’ve obviously achieved that because I can.

55. no.yumemi October 28th, 2011 9:14 pm

Please, focus your work on the missing/buggy features of Plex 9 before creating new unuseful facebook-like ones…

myPlex… seriously?

56. elan October 28th, 2011 9:26 pm

57. Linus October 28th, 2011 9:44 pm

Just another “free opinion” :
    let me state first that i like plex as well and happy with the majority of the features, BUT :-)
    i guess we talk about some direction this great software is going and some people that are addicted to plex are afraid that they will loose it ( or have to switch to a different package ).
    For one with a huge collection of movies you simply like to make the decision what type movie you like to see with full BR/DVD menues extras and what type of movies you like to stream. Solution is as always that you have different sections to accomplish that and access them with different devices ( i am not the type of guy to watch Avatar on a iphoe /ipad, but some sitcoms are perfect and i bought the plex app & klexi for them )
    For Movies ( DVD / BR Folderstructure ), sections with more than 1000 Entries, the Client really needs some improvements and it looks like this will not happened because the development focus is on “streaming only”.
    Sorry i wouldn’t like to be “forced”to ripp all my disk to whatever just to watch them !
    And what about extras, etc. etc.

When it comes to the Mac player :
    Pls look at the forum, lot of people have problems with it ( Audio / Video / Playing DVD / BR Structures )
    have you tried using a magic Trackpad on a new mac mini, changing volume, video position ?
    Have you tried changing languages when a couple of languages are present and do you like what happens to the movie during this procedure ?
    Maybe its worth to investigate a custom player here, so everyone has the freedom to choose, specially in a local network.

Sorry some points here are already mentioned in the forums, they were only stated to “complain” about the development focus and what ( at least ) some people would expect.

Personal comment for sharing movies :
    With everyone of my friends who brings some drinks and food along and watch them full-sized in a nice Hometheater (still) running on plex :-)

Best Regards
    Linus

58. Simo October 28th, 2011 10:43 pm

“elan October 28th, 2011 9:26 pm

@no.yumemi: I hope you like the taste of your words, because you’ll be chowing down on them soon. Nom nom nom.”

Haha, i wish i could ‘Like’ comments on this blog, cos i like this :)

Keep doing what you do Elan and the rest of the Plex team. I and many others are loving it!

59. John October 28th, 2011 11:16 pm

Instead of adding new functions you should work on fixes-bugs-compatibility issues.

We need a stable player first which is the base of all things.

You cannot build something on something which is not stable enough or it will collapse.

Try to focus on this before adding new and exciting things (for some at least).

60. ppson October 28th, 2011 11:57 pm

Nice!

But what is really needed is an account structure focused on multiple users with different privileges. Plex is not a one user software, especially not since the birth of the Plex Media Server.

Also high on priority list should be remote media manager client software. The web interface just doesn’t cut it. It should not be very hard to make a standalone media manager with ability to connect to a remote IP.

And finally, PLEASE add transcoding options for the Mac/desktop client as well. If I already have a Mac Mini on a remote location but not the bandwidth required for full quality playback I don’t want to be forced to buy and use an AppleTV.

OR, build a download client into Plex (using torrent technology or similar) where you can see when browsing the library which films are stored locally and which are on the library server. If a file is remote you should then be able to choose to download it locally. Of course it should support multiple simultaneous downloads and resume after quit.

Fix this… and I will be one seriously happy camper.

61. elan October 29th, 2011 12:00 am

@ppson: check the next post, at least one of your wishes has been granted.

62. ppson October 29th, 2011 12:32 am

Sweet!

Now just add multiple user support. ;-)

63. STARCASINO October 29th, 2011 3:35 am

You know… When Elan puts out a news bulletin, all plea aficionados raise an ear and can’t wait to hear all about bug crushing, error stampings and speed gains. He most often wants to share his excitement on about what’s new and different. However like most Plex-Oids, I too keep scratching my head on when things will get fixes. I really am looking forward to the fixes and less to the features. Don’t forget that with new features come more bugs to contend with — like compounded interest. getting tired of the “Half-Baked-Goods”

While on the topic, what’s with Plex app??? Last update April 2011. Man does it have issues, not to mention crashes my iPhone 4S.

STAR CASINO, MIAMI FL

64. james October 29th, 2011 4:06 am

@STARCASINO: As discussed (in great detail ;-)) in the latest blog post, both the desktop and iOS apps have been updated.

65. Sam October 29th, 2011 9:07 am

Very cool stuff! Can’t wait to try it.

66. Adam October 29th, 2011 4:04 pm

I would trade my left nut for the android client on GoogleTV 2.0. Oh please say it is so.

67. Rippling October 29th, 2011 5:38 pm

What about WebOS? Any chance also for some Windows 8 tile goodness?

68. Juan October 29th, 2011 7:03 pm

What about support for high res audio? I still cannot play DTS-MA or Dolby True HD on my Mac Mini 2011 that runs Plex which can support these high res audio. I know because I use Bootcamp to run Windows 7 and can output these high res audio, using Media Browser inside Windows Media Center.

69. Can October 30th, 2011 12:16 am

Blam! Game changer :) this is actually more interesting to me than iCloud. And I was pretty happy when that was launched. Between the two, my media and information delivery automation is almost flawless within the current bounds of technological limitation.

Blam guys. Just blam :)

70. Tom October 30th, 2011 3:43 am

As long as one isn’t forced to log everything to Plex’s internet servers I’m fine.

This “feature” is exactly why I hate Boxee. I’m happy with everything being stored in my own personal little happy network.

Please don’t become Boxee.

71. Juan October 30th, 2011 6:49 am

Am I the only one that want DTS-MA and Dolby True HD audio? I cannot play 95% of my BD ripped files on Plex since they just crash when high res audio is read my Plex. For this I think Plex is awful.

Not to sound ungrateful for all the handwork that went into building Plex and now MyPlex with all the new features, but I think the core problem of not being able to play high res audio is just unacceptable. I did donate as well and do think the world of Plex but please please give us high res audio.

72. Patrick October 31st, 2011 4:33 am

The forums are down :) I think they got overloaded with all the myPlex login requests!

73. Marc October 31st, 2011 8:32 am

Fix MyPlex, Can’t signup/signin

74. Jason November 1st, 2011 7:24 am

CAN NOT SIGN UP OR SIGN IN TO MYPLEX IT HASNT WORKED SINCVE IT WAS RELEASED SORRY

75. MACscr November 1st, 2011 12:15 pm

These type of comments always make me laugh. The amount of Kool-aid that Apple fan boys drink is quite amazing.

76. Wim November 2nd, 2011 1:29 am

Can’t sign up, what is wrong?

77. Henry Leirvoll November 2nd, 2011 4:06 am

I can’t sign up either. I fill in the information, and the box flickers but nothing happens.

Windows 7 x64
    Norway

78. james November 2nd, 2011 5:35 am

@Henry Leirvoll: There may be an issue with signing up directly from the server at the moment. You can register for a new account at http://my.plexapp.com (or use your existing forum account if you have one) and use that to sign in on the server.

79. jj November 5th, 2011 4:18 am

I see what you’re saying.

80. Christian den Boer November 9th, 2011 5:54 am

This is beyond cool!

81. quorumz November 13th, 2011 5:18 am

its crap so far, everytime i try it, it says my account is used on the forum (which is right). click the transfer butten. WHERE THE HELL IS THAT Button..geez

82. quorumz November 13th, 2011 5:24 am

nothing seems to work…password resets, or confirm my account. the old 9.3.x package cannot even check the updates..
    this is no service….(cause i guess the streaming using myplex wont work either)

83. Peter November 14th, 2011 2:15 am

I can’t publish my server to myPlex. It stays on “waiting for a valid mapping…”, until it tells me that it is not possible. Does it matter what kind of router I use or something like that? It neither work on my Mac Mini, MacBook Air nor my PC.

What is wrong? And can I fix it?

84. Fil December 8th, 2011 1:28 am

I’m unable to sign in/up with 0.9.5.2 on Readynas. I’m using WRT54GL so forwarding isn’t required (I have tried it anyways just in case)

85. ljutic December 28th, 2011 12:28 pm

nice very nice ty very much

86. prozac December 29th, 2011 3:03 am

The subtitles aren’t working when i’m using MyPlex on my iPhone.
    Is it normal?

87. Kdigger January 16th, 2012 1:51 am

Genious!

88. Kdigger January 16th, 2012 1:52 am

Brilliant and simple!

89. Dario D. January 27th, 2012 12:40 am

Sounds good, but I have a comment: the iOS app doesn’t tell you what myPlex is, so, before using the account creation tool, I had to come read this myPlex article.

90. shaw February 16th, 2012 12:49 am

i dont like this.. why cant i simply use a srcurity setting on my server without a 3rd party login on a website that is now able to track my media or login credentials/ip…

please provide an alternative like in 0.9.3.4

91. elan February 16th, 2012 4:26 pm

@shaw: we’re not tracking your media.