Now that the latest iOS version has made it into the store (and thank you so much for your feedback on it, you are all very kind!!), we’ve turned our attention to fixing a few issues with Plex. The new releases are available on the Plex home page, and we will enable auto-update shortly.
- NEW: We display the warning icon on shows/seasons/episodes and artist/album/tracks so that you can see more clearly which media is missing. Also note that if you dislike this feature, you can always disable it in the Library preferences by enabling “Empty trash automatically”. We enable it by default because we never want to delete any of your data without you knowing about it first.
- FIX: We’ve updated the transcoding engine to fix a number of issues, including 3G video playback being audio only (thanks, Chris!), improvements in threading (1080p content should work more smoothly), and according to one tester, DTS-MA now mixes down correctly. Thanks also to mitch969 and others on the forums for all their help testing!
- FIX: A few fixes for for the web-based media manager, including a fix for changes to collections not saving, sections not disappearing from clients when deleted via the web manager, and fixes for the “Match using” and un-match functionality.
- FIX: When an episode is renamed, make sure we reload metadata if the episode or season number changed.
- FIX: If a slideshow screensaver is active, playing content via the iOS or Android remotes turns the screensaver off (thanks to Man for bring this to our attention).
- FIX: A fix for Turbo Scanning where if you edited a library section (to add a new directory, or when moving media, for example), you would need to perform a deep scan to pick up the changes.
- NEW: Support for scanning OGG.
- NEW: Improved and enhanced poster gathering from tags in all supported file formats.
- NEW: Music lacking tags is scanned in as “unknown” artist/album.
- FIX: Tons of fixes and improvements around reading tags.
- NEW: Parse track numbers out of filename if they’re not in the tags.
- FIX: Folders with more than 50 files are scanned.
Barkley is here displaying his affinity for human beds and pillows. Who says dogs don’t have a sense of ergonomics?