Plex v0.9.2.7 - Tweaks and fixes - Plex Blog

Plex v0.9.2.7 – Tweaks and fixes

| 13 Apr 2011 | by 109 Comments

Now that the latest iOS version has made it into the store (and thank you so much for your feedback on it, you are all very kind!!), we’ve turned our attention to fixing a few issues with Plex. The new releases are available on the Plex home page, and we will enable auto-update shortly.

• NEW: We display the warning icon on shows/seasons/episodes and artist/album/tracks so that you can see more clearly which media is missing. Also note that if you dislike this feature, you can always disable it in the Library preferences by enabling “Empty trash automatically”. We enable it by default because we never want to delete any of your data without you knowing about it first.

NewImage

• FIX: We’ve updated the transcoding engine to fix a number of issues, including 3G video playback being audio only (thanks, Chris!), improvements in threading (1080p content should work more smoothly), and according to one tester, DTS-MA now mixes down correctly. Thanks also to mitch969 and others on the forums for all their help testing!
  • FIX: A few fixes for for the web-based media manager, including a fix for changes to collections not saving, sections not disappearing from clients when deleted via the web manager, and fixes for the “Match using” and un-match functionality.
  • FIX: When an episode is renamed, make sure we reload metadata if the episode or season number changed.
  • FIX: If a slideshow screensaver is active, playing content via the iOS or Android remotes turns the screensaver off (thanks to Man for bring this to our attention).
  • FIX: A fix for Turbo Scanning where if you edited a library section (to add a new directory, or when moving media, for example), you would need to perform a deep scan to pick up the changes.
We’ve also been hard at work at improving the music functionality. Besides support for FLAC, we’ve also added and fixed lots of other things. The really nice part is that the changes were to the scanner and agents, which means that they could be pushed out automatically in micro-increments. I love the thought of our users waking up to new features and bug-fixes without the need to download a whole new version!
  • NEW: Support for scanning OGG.
  • NEW: Improved and enhanced poster gathering from tags in all supported file formats.
  • NEW: Music lacking tags is scanned in as “unknown” artist/album.
  • FIX: Tons of fixes and improvements around reading tags.
  • NEW: Parse track numbers out of filename if they’re not in the tags.
  • FIX: Folders with more than 50 files are scanned.

Barkley is here displaying his affinity for human beds and pillows. Who says dogs don’t have a sense of ergonomics?

IMG 9955

1. Anders Båth April 13th, 2011 8:26 pm

First.

And great!

2. Jo April 13th, 2011 8:34 pm

The shuffle bug in the music section still isn’t fixed? It’s been around since plex 0.8 and is annoying as hell. This is getting rediculace.

3. elan April 13th, 2011 8:36 pm

Jo – everyone has their favorite pet peeve bug that’s extremely annoying to them. Unfortunately we don’t have enough engineers and time to make everyone happy, but with these baby steps at least we can try to make a majority of people more happy than they were five minutes ago.

4. Arman April 13th, 2011 8:37 pm

Great Update!
    Although I personally had only one problem with .6 : HUGE subtitles both on AppleTV 0.7 RC1 and the new plex for iOS.
    Any news on that?

5. elan April 13th, 2011 8:37 pm

@Arman – we’re aware of the issue, and we’ll deal with it in the next iOS release!

6. Jayce April 13th, 2011 8:46 pm

1080p playback seems to have really improved, kudo’s!

Alternately, direct streaming seems to add more problems with playback apposed to directly streaming it to my iOS device with almost no effort. I thought it would make things work more smoothly but it doesn’t unfortunately.

7. CFriedberg April 13th, 2011 8:49 pm

Elan,
    Not seeing it. Is it automatic? Doesn’t come up whether i shut down PMS and App or whether i manually ask it to find update within client…

8. Carter April 13th, 2011 8:50 pm

Any updates as to whether the A/V sync issues people have been experiencing have been resolved? There’s an extensive post in the Bugs section of the Forum describing the issue.

9. SteeBro April 13th, 2011 8:51 pm

Thank you so much for all the effort.
    Plex is getting more and more beautiful with each update!

You guys are amazing!

10. elan April 13th, 2011 8:53 pm

@Jayce: if you can be more specific or point us to a forum post with details, that would be great.

11. Drh April 13th, 2011 8:55 pm

Sweet, I’ll check it out tomorrow as pled is currently providing our evenings entertainment :-)

12. Emanuel April 13th, 2011 9:22 pm

Cool update @Elan,

could 9.2.8 support subtitle size adjustment on PMS? Be able to set size there would be great, subs show too big on ATV2 and Iphone/iPad.

13. Matt April 13th, 2011 9:25 pm

@elan: Not sure if it is related at all, but I’ve been having streaming issues when streaming via a proxy after the update to 9.2.3. Was going to submit a bug request when I noticed this update. I’ll give it a shot before submitting a bug although I doubt anything has changed.

More details here:

Also, it would be nice to have the ability to update PMS from the web manager interface. Having the current installation’s version number display somewhere in the web interface would also be helpful.

14. GSX April 13th, 2011 9:35 pm

Great work!

It’s always great to see a new release.

15. Anthony April 13th, 2011 9:44 pm

I love it when people complain about one of the most amazing pieces of software for media around that is TOTALLY FREE!!!!!!! Im sure that they are always trying to do their best to fix things that bug everyone as Im sure the programmers also use their own software and it probably bugs them also. Keep up the good work I LOVE PLEX!

16. deviant April 13th, 2011 9:54 pm

elan
    about Jo’s question.. your priorities are very strange.

17. elan April 13th, 2011 10:01 pm

@deviant: No they’re not strange, they are just *different*. How do you know that your priorities (and Jo’s) are in the majority?

18. Zephyr_blues April 13th, 2011 10:07 pm

Uhhmmm… love to try it… but where do I get it?

Love Plex! by the way!

19. Zephyr_blues April 13th, 2011 10:11 pm

And feeling a bit like an idiot not finding the link…. Is it just me?

20. dixhuit April 13th, 2011 10:23 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for the continued awesome work. Plex rules.

21. Plex_love April 13th, 2011 11:37 pm

As always thanks the continuous improvement.

22. Plex_love April 13th, 2011 11:47 pm

Can somebody explain the web base media manager or point me to the right forum
    Thanks

23. Justin April 14th, 2011 12:21 am

Explain it? If you mean ‘what does it do?’ then it allows you to manage your library from a browser on another pc on your network. You just go to “http://:32400/manage/index.html”. HTH

24. Justin April 14th, 2011 12:21 am

Argh it’s stripped out the ip address before the “:32400″ bit, but I’m sure you’ll figure it out…

25. Plex_love April 14th, 2011 12:52 am

@justin thanks mate I never knew that that feature was available. Handy if you have multiple client computer.

26. Nate April 14th, 2011 2:24 am

Very nice update! Every time I watch in WDTV it makes me cry hoping PLEX can make it into WDTV.

btw, my dogs sleeps with a pillow and I often catch them sleeping in my bed and in my pillow every time I go home late.

27. Sander April 14th, 2011 2:31 am

Yay! Great update again!!

28. DeanDMX April 14th, 2011 5:00 am

+1 for an explanation of the A/V sync bug. I only experienced it in the last update and it makes Plex near unusable. Hope it’s fixed now.

29. elan April 14th, 2011 5:16 am

@Dean: Which version do you mean by “last update”? In other words, what version was the last one that worked for you?

30. Rover April 14th, 2011 5:47 am

Was just wondering how far the SUB/IDX fixes are along, and when we might see support in the iOS software for them?

31. Dan April 14th, 2011 6:17 am

Thanks for the new update. Really appreciate the hard work.

I would love an indicator on the covers that shows if a particular item has subtitles or not. Maybe something similar to watched/unwatched blob with an S in it or something. A sub section in the movie department called “has subtitles” or something would also work.

32. pmill April 14th, 2011 6:40 am

DTS on LGTV is broke with 927 btw

33. elan April 14th, 2011 7:25 am

@pmill: You need to enable the workaround in Advanced tab of preferences.

@Dan: Yeah, we’re definitely considering the options here, thanks for the creative ideas!

@Rover: We just wrapped up some foundational work needed to make them happen, and we’ll likely be fixing it next week (or so).

34. Zephyr_blues April 14th, 2011 7:26 am

Help!!! Please??? Somehow I can’t seem to find the new update… No link in the blog, none in plexnineincrementals forum… someone, some directions please?

35. elan April 14th, 2011 8:05 am

Zephyr, in the first sentence of the post it says “The new releases are available on the Plex home page”. If you visit http://www.plexapp.com you can download from there with a single click.

36. Zephyr_blues April 14th, 2011 8:35 am

Wow, and I thought I was feeling stupid when I could NOT find it…. Guess my mom is right after all, she always said I was no good in finding things….

Thanks, was a bit to focused on incrementals :-)

37. syncopation April 14th, 2011 10:56 am

Elan, you know I’m all in for the shuffle fix and am waiting for this patiently. Add me to the list of very happy users when this gets done. But what you write is true and there is so much work to do choices have to be made. It’s just that the shuffle bug has been there for an incredible long time. When I first got involved in using Plex – well it was the first bug to get involved with on the forums. I use Plex to listen to music more than I use it to watch movies. This is simply because I listen to music more often than I watch a movie (guess this applies to many users?). And every second day I sit here and think – what am I gonna listen to and I have a guest and wonder what the appropriate choice would be. Having 27000 titles doesn’t help making a choice – and I wish so much, Plex would support shuffle. And I’m sad because the menu entry is there, but the functionality is not. It would be sooo sweet to have several playlists (created for different situations) – that plus shuffle would be killer. You’d have people over to dinner and you’d have the perfect choice of music. Dating a girl – there’s a playlist for that. Eating LSD and dancing the whole night – there’s a playlist for that :P

Ok, this got longer than I intended it to be. I think you get my point.

And as always: I LOVE PLEX!

38. Valconi April 14th, 2011 11:50 am

Another update. Mostly fixes on the musicpart. Unfortunately albums with various artists are still showing as separate tracks in the albumsection. After reading the fixes I hoped that this would be fixed, but it isn’t. Maybe in a future update?

39. pitterich April 14th, 2011 12:47 pm

O.K. here at work I only have my iphone and a 802.11g network to test.
    I turned Plex´s settings on the iPhone to the highest resolution and all my testing movies here work absolutely awesome.
    Im looking to testing the iPad with the 802.11n WLAN tonight at home.
    If it runs as good as here at work this was a great update elan!!

40. mkh April 14th, 2011 2:00 pm

Current version from download page is 0.9.2.3

So I guess this “update” is kinda broke like the last few was….it is not listed :D?

(And Jo is right….)

41. iAfrica April 14th, 2011 3:00 pm

Good going fellas, free software & updates for something I would pay money for, keep up the good work.

Any updates on the LG front before I commit on competing brand :-)

42. Jayce April 14th, 2011 5:39 pm

@elan

Well, with direct streaming enabled on my iPad 2 (haven’t tested it on my iPhone 4) video playback stops every 10 to 20 seconds (with quality set to 2Mbps 720p, 1,5Mbps 480p doesn’t stop but is almost unwatchable in my opinion). When I disable direct streaming however, I can crank up the settings to 4 Mbps without any playback stops what-so-ever. Even 8Mbps performs better when direct streaming is disabled with playback stoping anywhere from 40 to 60 seconds. Used several media files (ranging from 1080p to SD with the later officiously not giving any hiccups) to test. Main server running Plex is a 2008 Macbook Pro with a 2.4Ghz processor and 6GB ram.

43. NetMasterFlex April 14th, 2011 6:20 pm

All of my DVD backups are VOB’s wrapped in MKV containers. 5.1 DTS and AC3 passthrough finally works with my 6.1 HTR. This is exactly what I’ve been waiting for. Good work to the Plex developers for making this possible!!!

NMF

44. LoboTom April 14th, 2011 6:34 pm

@Elan,@Dan. Please, a simple S or “Has subtitles” is not enough. Many users has more than one language for subtitles. You must use the “two letter combo” from the sub file or the national flag or something smarter to specify the specific languages.

45. DeanDMX April 14th, 2011 7:05 pm

@elan I’m using version 0.9.2.5 which is the only build to give me problems. I guess 0.9.2.4 was that last stable build I was using.

46. mkh April 14th, 2011 7:07 pm

mkh April 14th, 2011 2:00 pm
    Your comment is awaiting moderation

hahaha funny

you [slur deleted] dont like when prople are right :D

But someone is right : ” This is getting rediculace. ”

[name-calling deleted]

47. elan April 14th, 2011 7:42 pm

@mkh: It would have actually been doing you a favor *not* to approve your latest infantile post, but hey, this way others can see your behavior.

@DeanDMX: Here’s the weird thing – there have been ZERO changes to anything player related in the last few releases, especially between 0.9.2.4 and 0.9.2.5, so it sounds a bit voodoo. Can you download the older version and compare to see if you really see a difference?

@LoboTom: Agreed.

@mkh: If you visit the home page or the download page, it shows 0.9.2.7.

@Valconi: Various artists is on the short list for music, we’ll definitely work on it.

48. fubarlost April 14th, 2011 8:21 pm

@elan, if you have a second please take a look over at the Plex/Nine bugs forum. I’m desperately trying to get “Plex Online” to show anything. See my post “Installed .9.2.6 plex online plugins not present”

Thanks,

49. Marco™ April 14th, 2011 8:48 pm

OMG you guys are doing such a great job. It keeps getting better and better :) please accept my dearest compliments. I’m a long time “user” (hate that word!)…

My dream: having a Plex client on my PS3, but I can see how complicated that could be. Or at least more DLNA functionality.

Other than that I’m oficially addicted to Plex now.. Please keep up the good work making our media lives comprehensible. Cheers.

50. DeanDMX April 14th, 2011 8:51 pm

@elan That is strange. This version has the sync issue too. It seems to be with MKVs. I’ll zap and reinstall to see if it fixes it.

51. Everton April 15th, 2011 3:46 am

I loved the app!
    Comparing it with QVIVO, I like PLEX more, BUT plex has really ugly backgrounds :( I think that is the only problem I have with it hehe.

Great work, I am really enjoying it! :)

52. Trippo April 15th, 2011 7:51 am

Love plex. Been using it for a couple of years. Still getting used to the windows pms set up. Remote (iOS app) is a bit slow at controlling the client.
    What I’m wondering is when will the library update from changes in a folder feature from osx be implemented in windows?
    Still love plex though.

53. Fraser April 15th, 2011 11:50 am

Great update Elan! Just wondering, since I updated to 0.9.2.7, all my artist photos seem to have disappeared (they are just mp3 files tagged using iTunes. Is there any chance that plex can just use one of the album covers embedded in the music file (I don’t really mind which one it picks) as the artist poster? That’s the last link in my OCD metadata chain! Thanks!

54. Newpond April 15th, 2011 12:05 pm

whats the best way to update both the mac and PC versions?
    Do i just install over the top or remove the orignal first which is what i normally do on the PC but install over top on my mac?

Love Film..Love Plex!

55. Soli April 15th, 2011 1:13 pm

Thanks for finally fixing the screensaver bug :) Now I can use the iOS client fully! Or at least I thought so.. there is another bug..I’ve posted that in the forums! Keep up the good work though.

56. pooploser April 15th, 2011 4:42 pm

thanks for this! i hope compilation support will be next! :) i’d recommend completing the current features (esp. music & subtitles!) before adding new ones (where again some people will find stuff that’s bugging them, as always in life :) )
    cheers!

57. Dan April 15th, 2011 9:17 pm

@LoboTom, you are right. I came to the same conclusion after giving it some thought. I haven’t been able to visualize a “clean” solution however.

The problem I see with indicating what language it is on the covers is that it will look cluttered, hence the “blob” as it is fairly unobtrusive. Imposing an indicator that also shows the language will be tough without making it large. Maybe displaying it with text showing the subtitles country codes after the name?. This should of course be a user setting for those who do not want it. This is probably easier to code than design :)

The blob as a primary indicator would work for me if the sub menu had options like “has English subtitles, has Swedish subtitles” etc.

Other than this and subtitle scaling on the iOS devices Plex is becoming really great now.

58. mkh April 15th, 2011 10:14 pm

lol Elan… you know what, I dont care …

The last few post says it all

(we love Plex… BUT :D I have this problem :D…)

Stop adding new fancy shit and fix what is broken ? thats the way to get nice software…

Gosh….

59. oyKris April 15th, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi, just tried to stream from the iMac with Plex server to my iPhone connected to my big screen with the hdmi connector. After only around 30 seconds the iPhone plex app crashes. This happens all the time after the same period with all mkv files I have. Are this a known problem with the plex iPhone app?

I also wondered if it could be possible to stream dolby digital from the plex server to the iPhone out into my receiver with the hdmi adaptor. This way i could use my iPhone connected to my home theater for all streaming from the computer

Regards
    Kris

60. Keilly April 15th, 2011 11:39 pm

The updates are great and I love plex, but the audio sync issue on some media is driving me nuts. I only us ripped mp4s, no mkv. Everything plays fine in QuickTime/vlc, just not plex :-(

61. ghostaliaz April 16th, 2011 1:15 am

The new PLEX works perfect for me. It is my best program to use besides BOXEE that just works & the server works so well that I can’t believe how smooth it is. Thanks for this great new version & I truly appreciate you all for sharing this wonderful program that has brought smiles to my family’s faces by giving us a way to manage all of our media in one place & look good while we do it. I get so many compliments on how good the interface looks in PLEX & every time someone see’s it they want it also. So thanks for everything & keep up the good work. To all the people complaining I am just happy to have such a great program, so stop complaining because if just one thing is not working or a few it is not the end of the world & they will eventually get to it in time, but these great programmers/Engineers have life’s just like you, so when they get to what ever you want then they get to what ever you want. The program is free, heck have some respect for these guys because remember they do not have to do this they are doing us a favor by sharing, so respect them & when they decide to get to something that’s when they will do it,be patient because I for one am just glad that there is such a program for free that gives me everything to manage my media & I do not have to go out & purchase one of those lame set top boxes that barely works. I just install on one of my mac mini’s connect & scan to my NAS & bingo everything working & looking gorgeous. Thanks Again!

62. Brent112 April 16th, 2011 1:24 pm

Great Job, Whatever you all did to the Web Manger was greatly appreciated. It is so much snappier than it was before. Most of my sections open instantaneously now. Before they would take ~5 seconds, and scrolling through 1000+ movies is a smooth now, before it would freeze halfway and jump around some as the icons loaded. Keep up the good work!

63. Luyso April 16th, 2011 2:27 pm

Please, fix the problem with external subtitles!!

64. eduo April 16th, 2011 4:13 pm

Man! I missed this update. You gotta have an update notifier in PMS already! :)

Quick question: Are there plans for PMS to ever stand on its own? In Windows it’s like this by consequence but in Mac it’s awkwardly tied to Plex proper. I have already a few people asking me two things, usually one after the other:

-Can they download just the PMS part and put it in a slower machine? All Plex (Plexes? Plexspawn?) would be accessing that server.

-(next logical question, I guess) Can they download a headless PMS they can control remotely through a local PMS? (PMC?)

You just know their very next question will end up being if they can run PMS as a Linux daemon in a Linux box and access it remotely :)

65. elan April 16th, 2011 7:40 pm

@eduo – We’ve discussed separating the two, yes, or having a separate download. To answer your questions specifically:

1) They have to download all of Plex and then extract PMS for now. Still it should work.

2) Plex for Mac relies on local PMS for plug-ins, and very much so for WebKit plug-ins. But for local content PMS works great.

3) They can connect to it via the amazing web manager (http://x.x.x.x:32400/manage) to control it.

4) And yes, there will be a Linux version.

66. Nate Thelen April 16th, 2011 11:43 pm

I still do not have DTS-MA mixdown working on the iOS apps. Is it supposed to or is this a Plex Client fix?

67. eduo April 16th, 2011 11:54 pm

3.-Amazing indeed. I had never taken a minute to take a look at it. Wow. Someone ought to do a web client for PMS ;)

4.-Yay!

68. Chewie April 17th, 2011 10:40 am

Awesome work, I was just wondering if anyone knew how I can see if a movie has downloaded the subtitles from opensubs or not. I have it set to download subs for all movies but there doesn’t seem to be anyway to check if it managed to get the subs other than going into plex and playing the file.

Thanks

69. Parel April 17th, 2011 5:02 pm

@elan The bug that doesn’t load subtitles (.srt) on automatic is still there! There’s been 3 updates and no fix, please help! is annoying that every time (every episode) I have to enable subtitles and then find the specific .srt manually, thank you!

70. Parel April 17th, 2011 5:04 pm

Also the iOS version doesn’t load subtitles (.srt) and in the i (info) says there are nos subs

71. Gary April 17th, 2011 9:41 pm

Got the same question than Chewie.
    You “plex” guys rock.
    Message from a Belgian guy.

72. Nebo1ss April 18th, 2011 2:25 am

@élan
    The AV issue is only there with MKV files. I don’t know when it started because I only started using MKV for rips recently. I fixed my problem by running all my MKV files thru handbrake and converting them to mv4.

I have some DVD that would not rip with handbrake whichnis whyni used MKV.

73. elan April 18th, 2011 2:27 am

@Gary/Chewie – we’re definitely going to improve this over time, we realize it’s a need!

@Parel – It’s working for lots of other people, so I’d suggest you post details and logs in the forums. For now, you have to make sure that your items have been refreshed so that they agents pick up the subtitles.

74. Nebo1ss April 18th, 2011 2:51 am

This is a link to the forum that discusses the av sync issue.

Apparently 9.1.2 is the last good version.

75. elan April 18th, 2011 3:01 am

@ Nebo1ss – OK, here is some data:

v0.9.1.9 introduced a new version of ffmpeg (which is a likely culprit for any video playback issues) – http://plexapp.com/releases/mirror/Plex-v0.9.1.9.dmg

v0.9.1.13 introduced even more changes to ffmpeg – http://plexapp.com/releases/mirror/Plex-v0.9.1.13.dmg

Since then it hasn’t really changed that much. If you (or someone else) can test these two versions and report back, it would help greatly!

76. Shelby April 18th, 2011 5:26 am

I too have the A/V sync issues, but not on all files.

I’ll try and find a problem file and then start from there and report back. I’d really like to see this resolved.

I know it doesn’t affect all users but to the ones it does it’s very annoying.

Thanks for a new release, I really appreciate it.

77. Dan April 18th, 2011 9:59 am

I’ve notices that for me the A/V sync issue is worse on movies with DTS compared to movies with AC3 sound. I’m not sure I even have the issue with AC3.

Also if DTS is played as AC3 (uncheck “DTS capable receiver” in settings), the sync issue isn’t as bad, but not perfect.

Most of my material is 24p.

78. Matt April 18th, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi Elan. Great work on the improvements. iOS 1.1 is huge – loving it on Wifi connections in and out of the home.

3G is still a challenge. Here’s my problem with the IOS app on a verizon iPhone 4: can never get it to play smoothly at any resolution using 3G. However I can stream from my home library with 3G using Air Video. Netflix also works well on 3G. Using 9.2.7 on a mac mini 2.26.

Thanks to you and your team for what’s becoming a solid and world class application suite.

79. Chris April 18th, 2011 10:00 pm

Please add something so we can enable the old scanning method for media on NAS’s

Having to exit plex and option click update to get new TV shows is very annoying!

80. elan April 18th, 2011 10:08 pm

@matt: one thing to check – have you enabled the “higher bitrate streams” in the Transcoding tab?

81. Fnicolas April 19th, 2011 2:48 am

First of all I really love Plex since the beginning, I know that subtitles are in a bundle now and download from opensubtitle but can Plex scan the media folders to look if subtitles exist then place them in the bundle ?

82. Talisto April 19th, 2011 8:10 am

The music scanner changes are a great step in the right direction, but please give precedence to the “album artist” field of the ID3 tag over the “artist” field (if applicable). This would greatly help those of us with a lot of compilation albums. Thanks!

83. tommynator April 19th, 2011 8:24 am

I also can’t wait to get the shuffle bug fixed :-)

Nevertheless a big “thank you” for all your work! Despite the inevitable bugs my media center would be useless without plex :-)

84. mkh April 19th, 2011 7:16 pm

you stille have the .23 version listed on the download pagen,… and if you “push” the download crap button, you get the last version ?

GET a life okay ?

You dont update the download page when you update your lame blog ?

you are a freak ? Okay Elan.. and dont tell me that you blablabla

just go fuck yourself.. you are a TARD.. like the rest of your team..

LOOKE AT ME I MADE A INSANE SEARCH FUNCTION … hahaha

fuck you ELAN.. you S U C K

go fuck yourself. (This is for the plex team, you are a bunch of small retards with small dicks)

85. elan April 19th, 2011 8:44 pm

@mkh: Out of concern for your well-being, I suggest you visit your local mental health care provider (I assume Denmark must have much better health care than the US!), and suggest that they might want to increase the doses on your medications.

86. Ram April 20th, 2011 1:59 am

Great work. You guys rock!
    Just one thought; I am sure many of the PLEX users reside outside the US, so shouldn’t you allow us to choose the “weather scale” in Celsius too. You may be aware that the rest of the world has dumped the Fahrenheit scale….
    Thanx anyway.

87. elan April 20th, 2011 6:20 am

Ram: We took away the setting and use the OS X locale setting to determine whether or not to use the metric system. If you have your OS X locale set to the US, then you can override in advanced settings by editing an XML file, but it should pick up your system setting.

88. Matt April 20th, 2011 8:15 am

@elan: Thanks for the tip on 3g higher bit rate streams. Working better now.

89. Electrician April 21st, 2011 10:18 am

Elan

Can you tell me if there has been a fix to keep individual movie settings (pixel, zoom etc)

90. elan April 21st, 2011 10:23 am

@Electrician: The structure is in place to save all the settings, but currently the only settings saved are stream (subtitle, audio).

91. Electrician April 21st, 2011 10:45 am

Elan

Does that mean you can save different settings for different movies or do you save the same settings for all movies, I want to save them individually

92. Stefan April 21st, 2011 12:30 pm

Elan,

Today I can reach my plex media manager outside my own network through my Iphone and Ipad. It is possile to also reach it through my macbook air when I´m not at home. I dont se any place in the plex client app where I can define any new server.

93. elan April 21st, 2011 7:42 pm

@Electrician: The audio/subtitle stream settings (as well as the future settings) are per-item, not global.

94. Electrician April 22nd, 2011 2:13 pm

Élan
    Everytime I set the settings to what I want, then turn the film off, then watch it again later it reverts back to the old settings, is there something I can do to make plex remember individual settings

95. Matteo April 22nd, 2011 4:00 pm

Great work with Plex keep it up!
    The only thing that is preventing me from using Plex right now is the huge subtitles issue on my Apple TV 2. Hope that will get fixed soon.
    Everything else is awesome!

96. BigMike April 23rd, 2011 4:05 am

Elan – Tonight I got a notice that an upgrade is available, to .9.2.7, but I am already at .9.2.7

97. elan April 23rd, 2011 6:57 am

@BigMike: We ended up pushing two different “versions” of 0.9.2.7 because of a packaging issue, so go ahead and apply the update, and sorry about the extra download :)

98. Drummer April 23rd, 2011 12:34 pm

The music artist sorting should order by “album artist” if the field is set !!!

99. BrooklynTed April 23rd, 2011 5:29 pm

seems to have broken the NPR plug-in. is there a way to backtrack and re-install the last version?

100. odhardy April 26th, 2011 10:07 pm

wondering if you might implement higher quality than 8mbps for streaming to account for devices like ipad2…i have no trouble so far with 20-25 mbit 1080p over wireless via itunes home sharing to ipad2..thnx!

101. BrooklynTed April 27th, 2011 12:17 pm

didn’t realize it’s all on the main download page.

102. tungsten2k April 29th, 2011 10:58 pm

@Elan, I see you dodged Stefan’s question, so I will assume you’re trying to keep a (soon ?) new feature secret *crosses fingers*…

103. shrek2010 May 1st, 2011 11:55 am

hi,
    everytime i switch from full screen to windowed mode or switch from external screen to the imac screen plex crashes.
    i dont know what to do???

104. Mats May 3rd, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi, I can see subtitles from inside mkvs, and from manually added .srt-files. But when I try to use the new automatically downloaded subtitles, there is nothing. I verified in the plugin logfile that it downloaded them. But in the mac client there are no subtitles. I have seen them from the iOS client though.

105. warneford May 5th, 2011 9:20 am

Since updating to the latest firmware on my ATV, all is ok but the streaming picture quality is terrible. I have it set to best quality but still its a horrible picture. Before the update, all my HD movies looked amazing. Any ideas anyone?

106. Sean May 6th, 2011 11:04 am

I have a problem with music tracks. The tracks for a lots of the albums are misnamed. From pink to avril lavigne. They are correctly named in their folders and used to show the correct track names but since recent updates have been installed have been wrong. i.e Pink showing up as pink floyd etc

107. Jos May 24th, 2011 9:28 am

Since 2 weeks a new user I am impressed with what all that Plex is capable of so lots of credit for what has been achieved.

There is just 2 things (not many right!?) that bug me right now:

1) When navigating a few steps down into submenus I cannot navigate back up step by step; often I have to exit straight back to the main menu, shouldn’t I be able to use the arrow keys to navigate all the way down/up?

2) Yep, I am one of those many shuffle junkies!!! Also, when shuffling, besides truly random, playback should ideally start immediately rather than after 15 seconds or so.

Keep up the great work!

108. peter June 21st, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi, if it is possible, it would be great you can serve DVDs or VIDEO_TS folder too. Now you can add some VIDEO_TS folders but the content is not shown as one film. Instead you must browse through teh vob-files inside the main folder.
    Just an idea.
    Some big mkv files could not been played. Perhaps bandwith but with Ethernet-cable it is not possible too (1000 MBit/sec)
    best regards
    peter

109. scorpio September 30th, 2011 3:38 pm

The Plex Client crashes as soon as I select a media to plan on iPhone4 Any idea what might be the issue.