Plex v0.9.1 - Plex Blog

Plex v0.9.1

| 23 Oct 2010 | by 95 Comments

Without further ado, we’d like to introduce you to the latest version of Plex/Nine. It’s much more stable, it’s faster, has more features, and it’s also much shinier than the last release. The release can be downloaded via auto-update or from the home page.

This release also includes all the changes from the various hot-fixes, which I’ll summarize here as well for the sake of completeness.

• NEW: Cast information restored to movie information dialog in Plex for Mac.
  • NEW: Ability to choose a specific piece of media to watch (e.g. HD, SD) if you have multiple media items. (You can disable this in Preferences > Video.

Plex-1.jpg

• NEW: Added back “By Albums” in iTunes plug-in. Sometimes all you need is a little more cowbell.
  • NEW: Allow splitting apart TV Shows and Movies in the media manager. You can see an example here.
  • NEW: Added an “Unwatched” section for Movies and TV Shows.
  • NEW: Added “By Album” in music library sections.
  • NEW: Allow browsing for on-disk graphics (posters/art) in the Media Manager.
  • NEW: Support for volume control in new remote control protocol.
  • NEW: Display number of items for each piece of media (e.g. if you have SD and HD versions of a movie). If you sort by items descending it’s a good way to see if you have any duplicated media (Reveal in Finder will show all of them) or if the agents have mistakenly matched two different pieces of media to the same thing. Yes, I’m really this disorganized, or at least I was until now!

Plex Media Manager-1.jpg

• NEW: Searching for matches in the media manager is now asynchronous and can be cancelled. Death to beach balls!
  • NEW: In Preferences > Transcoding, we’ve added an option to offer higher bitrates over 3G.
  • NEW: In Preferences > Library, you can optimize your database.

By far we spent the most time fixing bugs. Hopefully this release will resolve most of the really pesky issues. We appreciate all the patience and kindness you’ve shown us with this first release. As we’ve mentioned, this was a ground-up rewrite of the entire library, so problems were definitely to be expected.

• FIX: That dratted issue with posters and art continually re-downloading off the Internet. The Plex Media Server is now the single entity that downloads the graphics, and all the clients request from it. Expirations have been fixed, and other improvements around caching have been made. The bottom line is that, while not perfect, it should be much, much better. N.B. As part of this change, it’s of course going to have to download everything one last time in order to transition over to this new scheme.
  • FIX: Leopard crash on start (thanks, Ryan!). Also a crash on start when your computer didn’t have a name. And a few other crashes on start.
  • FIX: Stuttering playback (mostly with HD media). In some cases the cache size was being set incorrectly based on bad analysis, and this could lead to stutters during playback.
  • FIX: Anamorphic videos fix for iOS. Additionally, anamorphic MP4 files play correctly on Plex for Mac (thanks, Ryan!).
  • FIX: High CPU usage during scan, which could cause stuttering during playback as well.
  • FIX: Plug-ins could go missing in Plex when starting at same time as PMS.
  • FIX: We now quit the Scanner if the Media Server quits.
  • FIX: When detecting a rename, we upload location the in the database, otherwise media gets whacked when removing old location.
  • FIX: When a duplicate episode was found, it lost the “addedAt” time (making it disappear from “recently added”).
  • FIX: Allow backspace to exit the weather section, preferences, and a few other places where you could get stuck with the iOS app.
  • FIX: The “-1″ year issue in list view.
  • FIX: Better handling of locked database file.
  • FIX: In certain cases, stacked movies were not played in the right order.
  • FIX: Sometimes partial fanart files were displayed, leading to corrupted images being displayed.
  • FIX: Better handling for audio/video distinguishing in iTunes for foreign languages.
  • FIX: Allow changing metadata agent settings when there are no sections.
  • FIX: Video podcasts passed back as Video elements instead of Track.
  • FIX: Hebrew subtitles were displaying punctuation incorrectly.
  • FIX: The word “dvdmedia” was displayed at the end of the movie title.
  • FIX: Occasionally startup issues could result in agents not showing up, improve the recovery from this.
  • FIX: Issue on startup, due to space in home folder.
  • FIX: Videos stopping randomly in the middle of play.
  • FIX: A few tweaks to the Media Server’s menu bar, to make canceling a library refresh possible, and to make it harder to accidentally start one.
  • FIX: iTunes/iLife plug-ins mysteriously disappearing.
  • FIX: Lots of crashes while scanning and analyzing media, including some MP3s.
  • FIX: The Media Server starts (and installs) on a machine without Internet.
  • FIX: We fixed a .BUP/.IFO ordering issue which could cause a crash when playing a VIDEO_TS movie. You’ll need to remove and add the section to fix the ordering (but you won’t lose view state/progress doing so).
  • FIX: A buffer overflow issue reported by d1dn0t, which also caused crashes when navigating into some plug-ins.
  • FIX: Adding library sections from the command line wasn’t working (thanks, Atrus!).
  • FIX: The library would occasionally refresh continually.
  • FIX: Crash of the iOS app near the end of a video.

For the next release, we are focusing on local metadata editing, to allow you to customize (and lock in place if you desire), your metadata. We’re super excited about this feature, and we think you’ll enjoy how powerful and flexible it’ll be.

I’ve really been enjoying taking photos with the iPhone4, so I’ll leave you with two photos of Barkley:

IMG_0318.jpg IMG_0319.jpg

1. OddyOh October 23rd, 2010 1:28 am

Sounds awesome, I had several of those issues…keep it up!

2. Rylin October 23rd, 2010 1:28 am

Barkley’s getting new treats come Monday.
    Thanks for making a great release even better!

3. Armando October 23rd, 2010 1:47 am

Capability to play FLAC files again ?
    ;)

4. Mattias October 23rd, 2010 1:50 am

Great update.

I now can mark tv show episodes that have no metadata as viewed.

Also, the scanning seems to have improved a lot. Have not have the time to check the stuttering problem, but in Plex we trust.

Another thing that I found a problem is if the PMS is running continuously over the course of over 4 hours.. then suddenly, I couldn’t continue watching what I was watching and had to restart PMS.

5. zAo October 23rd, 2010 1:55 am

Thanks a lot, again!

If I update via Plex, will the PMS be also updated?

6. Hoedje October 23rd, 2010 2:11 am

Great update!

“NEW: Added an “Unwatched” section for Movies and TV Shows.” Awesome, this was the option I missed most coming from Plex 8.

Furthermore, menu navigation is much smoother. It’s really fast and responsive now.

The PMS hasn’t crashed yet, I hope it will remain that way.

One major issue is still unresolved. DVD playback (from VIDEO_TS and ISO) is still choppy. It’s really annoying to have to revert back to the Apple DVD-player to playback these files.

7. dev October 23rd, 2010 2:32 am

Armando
    ALAC + iTunes is not working anymore ? ;)

8. Dean October 23rd, 2010 3:08 am

Downloading this update through Plex is slooooow! it took 10 seconds to get to 1MB and i’m on a 10Mb connection.

9. Duy October 23rd, 2010 3:19 am

hi elan, thanks for the update, I’m glad that a lot of issues have been dealt with, however, it seems you haven’t fixed this bug where movies spanning on more than 1 files cannot be marked as watched. Is this on your bug fixing list?

10. Salil October 23rd, 2010 3:58 am

How are we sitting on issues with audio/video plugins? Netflix can’t access my queue, pandora flat doesn’t work.

11. sivilcrisis October 23rd, 2010 4:20 am

so stoked, looks very promising.

12. Ben October 23rd, 2010 4:22 am

Awesome…as always! Bought a Mac Mini on the strength of your software alone and bought the iOS App in support too.

Cant wait for the local editing feature you are now working on. This will fix a few issues I have with obscure Movies/TV Shows.

Thanks again for all your effort put in!

13. vdmsss October 23rd, 2010 4:36 am

Thanks Elan.

WRT the very useful “ability to choose a specific piece of media to watch (e.g. HD, SD) if you have multiple media items”, it is important that the user is allowed in the Plex Server to “label” the different media as they wish…

This is because one can have (and I eg do) a version “2D” vs “3D”, or “theatrical” vs “extended” or “director’s cut”, and all of these might be 720p H264, so come out with the same default label in Plex 9.1

Thanks again!

14. CharlesF October 23rd, 2010 4:49 am

Unwatched section! YEAH! Any idea when the custom meta data is coming? :)

15. osplo October 23rd, 2010 4:56 am

THANKS! Please don’t forget collections inside collections (for instance, Disney movies within Kids Movies, or James Bond films within films)….

Or there is any workaround to this today?

16. Luke L October 23rd, 2010 4:57 am

Excellent work. While I’ve avoided most of the nastier bugs it’s great to see how quickly you guys are progressing now you’ve got a proper base to work off of.

17. Michael October 23rd, 2010 5:15 am

What about support for Flash 10.1?

18. Ad October 23rd, 2010 5:31 am

great, thanks!

Nice to have iTunes in the plug-ins / video section! Any reason why only video podcasts appear and not all the movies identified as such in iTunes?

I presume the issue of last version of flash messing up with plug-ins playing videos remains since not in the list.

Having such a list on the blog is very nice.

Thanks again for Plex

19. Milos October 23rd, 2010 5:31 am

The update seems amazing and thanks a lot for it!!! :)
    however one little question: When I have multiple versions of a movie, how can I choose the names that will come up in the extra menu (like in your lil screenshot).
    So far, all of them just say “Unknown, unknown, unknown”. etc…
    How can I choose whether I want “Director’s Cut, Theatratical Version, Uncut Version” or “SD, HD, 4:3″ ?
    Must be just a tiny lil function hidden somewhere ;)

20. Guillaume October 23rd, 2010 5:37 am

Thanks a lot for all the fixes!

21. Marc October 23rd, 2010 5:41 am

Thank you for this update !
    Now, I hope that i will not loose Posters and Banners of my movies when i will be offline ! And i use Plex on my Macbook (linked to the TV) much more offline than online. Just download movies ‘s informations when adding some files in my movie folder…
    Very good job Elan ;-)

22. Bob October 23rd, 2010 5:55 am

Sweet, now you just need to get UPnP working again and all is good.

23. lefred October 23rd, 2010 6:21 am

Yeah ! Thanks for the great work guys !

Ketchup (our dachshund chihuahua) says hi to Barkley.

24. Dave October 23rd, 2010 7:12 am

cool! so it’s actually useable now?

25. Ron October 23rd, 2010 7:14 am

Keep up the great work. Everything seems to be working well so far.

26. Jason October 23rd, 2010 7:22 am

Good stuff. Glad some of the bugs are resolved. Great work.

“FIX: Stuttering playback (mostly with HD media). In some cases the cache size was being set incorrectly based on bad analysis, and this could lead to stutters during playback.”

I was hopeful that the Video_TS stuttering playback was resolved, but unfortunately I am still experiencing issues. Fingers crossed for 9.1.2.

27. Dale Jacobs October 23rd, 2010 7:51 am

Thank you so much for the amazing work! Damn fine list of fixes, yes indeed!

Also a personal thank you for implementing the Unwatched tag, making my entertainment life that much better!

Great work.

28. wally007 October 23rd, 2010 7:57 am

New feature that allows us to choose from more versions of the movie doesnt seem to work well with RESUME/PLAY FROM BEGINNING. ( it asks resume/play from beginning BEFORE asking which version to play, but then always starts to play from beginning even if one choses to RESUME )

29. Itamar October 23rd, 2010 8:06 am

Great stuff.
    Does this mean that the TV scanner now can detect TV shows in VIDEO_TS (DVD) folders?
    Just hoping….

30. Kingma October 23rd, 2010 9:54 am

I experienced heavy hickups before this update where the movie would stop but the sound would keep playing. After a few seconds the movie would catch up. Now after the update only smaller stutter is left.

31. Mark October 23rd, 2010 10:46 am

Elan,

Thanks for the update, but now my new 2010 Mac Mini is getting “Not Enough Memory” errors when trying to play previous MKV’s that worked before the update. Also, VLC Player plays them back fine. I have the latest OS X with 4 GB of Memory.

I went back to the previous version and everything is fine.

32. elan October 23rd, 2010 10:51 am

@Mark: That’s really odd, I don’t know what would have changed in that area. Can you try again with the new version and confirm that the error comes back, and then post in the forums or getsatisfaction and send me a link?

33. elan October 23rd, 2010 11:03 am

@wally: Noted for the next release, thanks!

@dave: Depends on your definition of “usable”, I guess :)

34. elan October 23rd, 2010 11:04 am

@Milos: We’ll allow you to label these at some point, right now it defaults to showing you resolution and video codec.

35. Sander October 23rd, 2010 11:51 am

Great update! The problem I had with plugins not showing up is gone!

36. Stuart October 23rd, 2010 12:46 pm

You guys are gods thank you so much for a wonderul program.

37. James October 23rd, 2010 1:08 pm

Will audio offsets and default audio track/subtitle options now save for each movie? Keep up the fantastic work :-)

38. Khris October 23rd, 2010 1:11 pm

@elan: I had the same issue that Mark has when I used your hotfix a few months back (the one that updated the ffmpeg version). When I tried to play certain 1080p MKVs (like the move 300) it would tell me that I didn’t have enough memory. When I undid the hotfix it let me play the movie just fine again. I guess the issue was with really high bitrate 1080p movies

39. griffmiester October 23rd, 2010 1:22 pm

Love the NEW’s and FIXes, but the Download by Torrent is still pointing to 9.0.2.1 Could this be fixed please?

40. Jeff October 23rd, 2010 2:44 pm

Not having the ability to edit metadata is killing Plex. This is something that should’ve never been removed in the first place.
    Your announcement to make this a priority has restored my faith in Plex for the time being – as long as it doesn’t take too long.

41. elan October 23rd, 2010 2:47 pm

@Jeff: What part exactly was removed?

42. elan October 23rd, 2010 2:48 pm

Anyone having issues with A/V or video stutter with hardware decoding, check this thread out: http://bit.ly/9XUg1O

43. Ben October 23rd, 2010 2:57 pm

Thanks for fixing the iOS anamorphic issue. I’m so psyched to finally be able to watch everything from my library on my iPhone and have it all display correctly. Plex is awesome. Keep up the good work!

44. A. Navarro October 23rd, 2010 10:58 pm

Same problem as Mark here. In my case, iMac 27″, i7 Quad-Core HT @ 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM (2x4GB). I think this is only happening with videos at 1080. I have to change to VLC by now to play this contents.

I also noticed that “resuming from last position” a video with two different files (e.g. 1080 and 720) is not working.

45. Kris October 24th, 2010 12:18 am

Hi alan!

Thanks for a great update. The start-up time for plex is amazing now, so is the navigation speed.

BUT, I’ve encountered a rather large problem after the update. All of my media is unaccessable. All my media shows i plex but if I try to play a tv show episode or a movie it says “Could not determine input format”

Any help on this, or should i just try to rescrape everything and see if it fixes it?

Thanks

46. elan October 24th, 2010 12:27 am

For the “out of memory” errors, where are you seeing that error (like is it Plex, or OS X?)

If possible, I’d like to get a sample to reproduce. Does it occur with HW decoding on or off (or both)?

47. Simon October 24th, 2010 1:00 am

Many thanks for this great release.
    I understand bug fixing and getting things rock solid have to come first so this is a great release.

I can’t wait for the 2 remaining missing features for most of us within plex now..

1. Auto refresh rate changing.
    2. EyeTV support.

Add those 2 features and I’ll be one VERY happy user. Everything else in Plex really is a dream to use now.

Thanks again!

Regards,
    Simon

48. xain09 October 24th, 2010 1:05 am

Thanx for the update dudes :)

49. Mathieu October 24th, 2010 1:18 am

Is it me or external subtitles still not work? :(

50. Phill October 24th, 2010 2:04 am

Thanks for the update, but I’ve just noticed since I installed it all my SD videos ripped with Handbrake no longer display in the right aspect ratio. It doesn’t look like they’re being squashed up to fill the screen.

Anyone else finding this?

51. Phill October 24th, 2010 2:07 am

Ignore that last message, I’ve just looked at the forum and it appears you’re already dealing with the aspect ratio issue.

Thanks.

52. CharlesF October 24th, 2010 2:43 am

@Kris,
    Where is your media stored? I usually get this error when my NAS volume has been ejected for some reason…reconnect to your media server and it should be ok…if that’s not the problem, i’d post in the forum on a new thread, and be as specific as possible on your setup.

53. Jeff October 24th, 2010 3:40 am

@elan: In Plex 0.8 we could edit titles – we can’t do this in plex 0.9 and frankly it’s something that I thought is a absolute must. I have a lot of movies that simply aren’t displayed correctly in plex.

54. Nappys October 24th, 2010 5:31 am

Thanks much. The limited issues I had (noticed) have been fixed. Thank you for making a premium product that much better…keep on keeping us happy.

55. Alparslan Kizilkaya October 24th, 2010 8:06 am

Goodwork,
    but two part movies ( avatar cd1.avi and avatar cd2.avi) can’t setting watched, it always unwatched section. I’ll waiting next version to fix it. Thank you…

56. JAD October 24th, 2010 8:29 am

Among the fixes mentioned was “Additionally, anamorphic MP4 files play correctly on Plex for Mac”. That doesn’t appear to be the case. After testing a few anamorphic 4:3 DVD rips, they continue to be stretched out a bit unless I go to the Video Settings for each of these rips and change the View Mode to “Stretch 4:3″.

57. crumbete October 24th, 2010 8:43 am

Elan, any idea if fixes for ordering by dvd order, or the issue where more than 5 files don’t stack properly, will make it into the next release? I was hoping to see at least the dvd order one this time around… not a deal breaker by any means, just something that would be nice.

58. Christian October 24th, 2010 9:17 am

Thanks for the lots of improvements of the new version, we are really enjoying plex every single day …

59. Mark October 24th, 2010 10:19 am

Élan,

The “out of memory error” is a plex dialog error when you try to play back media. I’ve tried all combinations of h264 speed boost and h264 hardware decoding settings with no luck. This error might have been introduced with the newer player decoder?

I installed the previous plex 9 ( initial release). And everything is fine.

Mark

60. larik October 24th, 2010 10:33 am

@Ryan

The error shows up inside plex, it’s an plex error, not osx. It’s inside the the little popup tha normally says something like “opening file”.

The exact message is: (without dashes)

—————–
    Error
    Not enough memory to open file.

OK
    ——————

Ok is an button.

The error message shows up with and without hardware acceleration.

It happens to some files mkvs 720 or 1080

61. larik October 24th, 2010 10:35 am

Oops… @elan for my previous comment….

62. elan October 24th, 2010 10:38 am

Can someone upload a specific file for me that causes the out of memory error?

63. DJ October 24th, 2010 5:16 pm

@Élan

Thanks for the hard work of fixing all this stuff. Any word on the Netflix plug-in issues? Hopefully that will come in the next release. I’m really looking forward to using Netflix via Plex.

Thanks Again,

DJ

64. elan October 24th, 2010 5:18 pm

We’re working on Netflix as we speak.

65. diggs October 25th, 2010 12:46 am

I’m loving it, great improvements on general performance and I really missed the Unwatched feature from 8. However, there is still no Unwatched option in remote libraries. Hardly a deal breaker but I wondered if it was done on purpose or if it can be added in a future release?

Thanks for all the hard work!

66. MikeDK October 25th, 2010 12:48 am

Thank you for this new great version. I’m happa that the BUP/IFO issues is solved:-)
    But I still got problem playing movies where the folder names or sub folders names contains some of the special danish letters (æøå/ÆØÅ).

I’m very happy for the new features allowing manually settings of the Posters/Fanart in the Media Manager. But a nice little features would be, when browsing for the picture, if the starting path is the same as the actually movie path.

-MikeDK

67. elan October 25th, 2010 12:54 am

@diggs: An unwatched section was specifically added in this version for all libraries, local and remote. However, they need to be running v0.9.1 of the Plex Media Server as well.

@MikeDK: Please let me know some specific examples where the Danish letters mess things up (i.e. the complete folder/path). Great idea about the poster browsing.

68. diggs October 25th, 2010 12:58 am

Sorry! Remote library had updated but not restarted so was still running previous version. Once restarted I can see unwatched on all available libraries.

Sorry again…

69. MikeDK October 25th, 2010 5:36 am

Examples of path names not working:
    Y:VideosBørnBoltVIDEO_TS
    Y:VideosKidsBjørne BrødreVIDEO_TS

It works with below path:
    Y:VideosKidsBoltVIDEO_TS
    Y:VideosKidsBrother BearVIDEO_TS

The movies shows up in the Media Manager, when using either “æøå” or “ÆØÅ” in the path names, but when starting the movies from Plex an error message shows up: Error while opening file.

-MikeDK

70. Sascha October 25th, 2010 1:00 pm

First of all, I want to thank Elan and the rest of the dev-crew for their awesome work.

But…

Can you PLEASE fix the choppy playback of VIDEO_TS files in Plex Nine ? It all worked so great in Plex Eight…

Thanks, and keep up the good work !

71. elan October 25th, 2010 1:02 pm

@MikeDB, thanks for the report! We’ve fixed the issue for the next release.

72. rune October 26th, 2010 2:55 am

@elan
    I am also experiencing the “not enough memory to open file” error inside Plex when trying to play a 1080p .mkv movie. The input bitrate of the movie averages around 14000 kb/s, it has 3 audio tracks, and subtitles embedded, and the total size of the . mkv is 10.68GB.
    The file plays fine in VLC. I am on an 8 core mac pro with 16GB memory.

73. elan October 26th, 2010 2:56 am

@rune: try the latest incremental release, it should fix that issue.

74. yolkum October 26th, 2010 1:19 pm

So how do you play the internet content through Plex? It installs the apps and that’s pretty much it? I don’t see where you go to play them?

75. Pete October 26th, 2010 3:23 pm

Hi. I too noticed a “not enough memory” today when watched Gladiator .mkv 720P. File is over 10Gig, High bitrate, includes 3 audio tracks plus many subtitles. This file has been playing alright before the latest update. So its definedly something to do with the latest update. I am now trying to change the file using “mkvtools” and removing the extra subtitles and audio tracks to make the file smaller. Lets see if its anything to do with the total size of the file.

Like everyone else have said, it plays fine in the VLC. So definedly a bug :)

76. elan October 26th, 2010 3:41 pm

@Pete: Please try the incremental release in the next post, should fix that issue.

77. Mark October 27th, 2010 10:23 am

Awesome news, thanks! Although, I was hoping the local metadata would make it to this release.

78. Armando October 27th, 2010 12:02 pm

@dev

My entire collection was built using FLAC, encoded/converted on MAX (or XLD) from my own CDs. I don´t like ALAC (I do prefer a free CODEC) nor iTunes. The only Apple thing that I really love is my Mac Mini, Macbook (Apple hardware) and OSX (BSD from the ground, darwin). That´s why “XBMC for Mac OS X” or OSXBMC or Plex (you choose) was my 1st choice to play FLAC files since this project startup ;)

Off course, Plex is awesome in all of its other features. I was just wondering when FLAC support will be REadded to the code :-D

79. elan October 27th, 2010 12:15 pm

@Armando, I honestly wasn’t aware FLAC support was removed, unless you mean in the music scanner, for which there are some workarounds in the forums.

80. Armando October 28th, 2010 12:32 am

@Elan

Thanks Elan ! I´m searching the forums right now ;)

81. Le Mag October 29th, 2010 2:41 pm

Very nice work, thanks. Its the best app on my mac.

82. william October 30th, 2010 10:03 pm

I just learned about Plex and decided to try it out. I went to the download tap and accepted the 0.9.1.2 package which was prompted automatically. After installation it cause my band new core-i5 macbook pro hang. It seemed missing a .py file, which IIRC was under plugin/…/2/. The app apparently was trapped in an infinite loop. My machine is still stuck and I will have to get some help to fix it (probably due to some special configurations) Please pull the download asap.

83. Seiko October 31st, 2010 6:24 am

ERROR: NOT ENOUGH MEMORY

84. elan October 31st, 2010 1:47 pm

@Seiki: Fixed in the incremental (very next post in the blog).

85. Ryan November 1st, 2010 12:10 am

I really like how you guys have added custom images! I can’t wait for metadata editing, I REALLY, REALLY want to fix this damn incorrect match for ‘Florence + The Machine’ – for whatever reason Plex Media Manager hates the ‘+’ and ignores and omits it.

86. Ryan November 1st, 2010 12:47 am

Actually I think that there is a bug in Plex Media Manager. It can’t handle ‘+’ symbols quite right (in Music sections anyway). When I add music from a “fresh” install of Plex, it will detect my correctly tagged ‘Florence + The Machine’ exactly as that, name correct and all. But after it finishes fetching metadata, the name changes incorrectly to ‘Florence The Machine’ and then Last.fm returns metadata saying “This is an incorrect tag”, also, this seems to be preventing any kind of background fanart from appearing on the now playing visualizer, and the problem only occurs on this artist, so I’m sure the issues are connected.

So, in short, at first the name is correctly appearing, then after metadata is fetched from Last.fm, the name incorrectly changes itself, then this seems to prevent fanart from displaying on the Now Playing menu, the issue only occurs with this particular artist.

I hope you guys have a look into this when you get the chance. :)

87. Seiko November 1st, 2010 1:54 pm

@Elan: That took care of it.

Thanks, man.

88. cktse November 1st, 2010 6:46 pm

Congras team. This is worth waiting for. It’s faster, more stable on my Mac Mini, and can finally supply my own poster even if there is no match. Support stacking of multiple files under the same title is a game changer. I can finally stack the main movie and special features under 1 title. It worked really well (well until it exceeds the max number… need scroll bar!!)

89. David November 2nd, 2010 8:14 am

Thanks guys. I know I shouldn’t look a gift-update in the mouth, but if you were able to add ‘By Albums’, would it take all that much time and effort to add a ‘By Composer’ for us Classical Music lovers? (I put this in the request queue back in the 9.x days).

90. zaidee November 12th, 2010 6:14 pm

Desperately would like to join the forums but stumped by this error every time I tried to login:

[#1000B] You are not allowed to visit this forum.

Anyone – Please help.

91. iordonez November 14th, 2010 3:55 pm

Zaidee, please email forums@plexapp.com for help logging into the forums.

92. belongamick November 18th, 2010 11:12 am

Also can’t wait for “Auto refresh rate changing.”

Great work!

93. eritho December 3rd, 2010 3:43 am

Am I the only one who’s missing the app store in Plex Nine? Can not find a way to install plugins.

Thanks for a great media center by the way. Only reason i chose to buy a mac mini :)

94. markus December 4th, 2010 10:59 pm

Im also having “not enough memory to open file”
    I first had got the msg while streaming from my iMac to my Macbook Pro. I could run the movie on my iMac but when i updated plex on the iMac i’m getting the same error msg on the iMac Also..

95. markus December 4th, 2010 11:10 pm

The incremental update fixed my issues.