New Plug-in releases for March 8th - Plex Blog

New Plug-in releases for March 8th

| 08 Mar 2010 | by 9 Comments

Some more plug-in releases for you fine folk this week. For those more interested in local content, stay tuned for some upcoming posts on the new Media Library (code name: Alexandria) that is making its debut in the Plex/Nine series!

Thanks as always to the plug-in authors, and to Isaac for managing the plug-in release process.

Kelby.tv – Written by Sander Spies

Kelby.tv provides videos from the following sites:

NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals) News
Ask Dave
Photoshop User TV
Lightroom Killer Tips
Layers TV
D-Town TV
Photoshop Killer Tips

kelbytv.png

Webcomics – Written by Spaceman

Like comics? You’ll love this plug-in!

webcomics.png

TellSticker – Written by Eithe

TellSticker lets you control your TellStick devices from within Plex. You can switch devices (like lights) on or off, dim them or bell them. You need to have Telldus Center installed for it to work (and a TellStick hardware device).

TellSticker.png

1. Ron P March 9th, 2010 1:37 pm

You’ve got me in constant suspense; dying to see what’s new in plex/nine.

2. elan March 9th, 2010 2:13 pm

@Ron: Sorry I haven’t been communicating better, been so busy coding :) I’ll be describing in detail the new library as soon as I get a minute.

3. Ron P March 9th, 2010 9:58 pm

No need to apologize, just keep up the good work.

4. Alex Price March 10th, 2010 8:10 am

Really looking forward to the post on the new library. :)

5. Russ March 10th, 2010 1:19 pm

Oh man we are getting closer to Plex nine!!! I cannot wait for more details :) I hope it revolutionizes the HTPC experience!

Also, are there going to be any more USA Apps anytime soon? I feel like every new App that comes out for web content is either for another Country, or just for something I have never heard of… will we ever see a plugin to access content from Fox, FX, ABC, etc? All of these stations offer a vast amount of content online, and it would be great to get them all through PLEX! I know Hulu has a lot of them, but it would still be cool to get some new Apps :)

6. pv March 12th, 2010 6:27 am

busy baking bread ;)

you’re doing such a great job with plex, but i feel bad giving you money for beers :) but if you need seeds or anything else from france let me know…

can’t wait the nine, not even talking about 10…

7. Jonas March 19th, 2010 11:40 pm

Eagerly awaiting Plex Nine… I’m hoping for a program/daemon that updates the library in the background when plex is not running. If I add a lot of content I have to start plex and wait quite some time before it’s there.

8. Callum March 24th, 2010 1:47 pm

lol – I know you guys are busy, but it’s been just over two weeks since the last update….

I’m dying for an extensive rundown on the 9 Media Library.

Putting together that post within the next 24 hours will garner a beer contribution… (wait… can you code and drink beer at the same time?)

9. elan March 24th, 2010 1:55 pm

@Callum: Good timing :)

(And indeed you can drink beer and code at the same time!)