New Plug-in releases for December 27th - Plex Blog

New Plug-in releases for December 27th

| 27 Dec 2009 | by 9 Comments

MTV UK – Written by Sander Spies

Watch full length music videos and video playlists for free. Browse through the years and play the top videos for each decade, watch video premiers, and more!

mtv uk.png

Anna Kim Photography – Written by Elan Feingold

My lovely wife has begun pursuing her second career as a photographer, so I thought it only appropriate to make a plug-in for her web site. Yes, that is a photo of me obsessing over a batch of sourdough loaves (thanks, Isaac). Yes, I am wearing pants.

anna kim.png

1. Anna December 27th, 2009 8:42 pm

What a lovely surprise! Thank you, honey! :)

2. mikebeecham December 28th, 2009 5:36 am

Just thought I would throw a big thank you for the MTV plugin…my daughter loves it already, so it’s a big hit.

My only negative on it so far, is that it seems to take anything between 1 and 3 minutes to load a vid. I’m not sure it’s my connection as I’m running at about 6.5mbps at the moment with all other plugins running fine.

Apart from that, I’m LOVIN it!

Thanks Sander.

3. Sander December 28th, 2009 4:26 pm

@mikebeecham Yahoo Pipes is used to grab and manipulate videoclip data (to create a “clean” RSS file for use in Plex). Pipes was very slow today, maybe that has been the reason why starting a clip took so long for you. Please let us know if the problem persists.

4. mikebeecham December 29th, 2009 7:07 am

Anna, your images are amazing….how about I fly you over to the UK so that you can do a shoot on my family??

Bring the hula gear!

5. jochen December 30th, 2009 5:44 am

I installed the Photo-Plugin of your wife today and i like it. :)
    It would be great if I could write a plugin for me. :D
    Nice idea.

cu
    Jochen

6. MikeDK December 30th, 2009 7:17 am

The MTV UK plugin is just great. There are no problem (Video or audio) playing the music videos in Denmark, and the video and audio quality is just brilliant, allthough most of the video are not full size.
    But I wonder why I only can play two music vedios in a row? If I start playing from a album/folder or my favorites/queue then only two music numbers are played.

7. wally007 December 31st, 2009 2:43 pm

MTV UK is forcing view type on all menus to be 502 and not remembering when i change it upon restart.

Videos are very clear compared to MV US but i must be out of the pop loop cuz i hardly know any of the artists in top 100 :-)

Should be called MTV international since its working without VPN in Czech rep.

8. Sander January 3rd, 2010 1:30 pm

@wally007: 502? The default viewtype for MTV UK is “List”, but there is an update available in the App Store that has an extra Preference option where you can set your preferred viewtype for the categories and video (play)lists.

9. Rico January 9th, 2010 3:17 am

the mtv plug-in rocks! :-) Thanks!
    I wondering why it is’nt possible to play more videos in a row – MikeDK mentions this as well.
    Can this somehow be done?

Thanks again!