Release: Plex/Seven 0.7.5: Five juicy fixes, and a partridge in a pear tree - Plex Blog

Release: Plex/Seven 0.7.5: Five juicy fixes, and a partridge in a pear tree

| 26 Dec 2008 | by 34 Comments

Hope you’ve all been having fun holiday celebrations! I’ve been drinking heavily and obsessively fixing bugs in Plex, and finding that the two activities mix well.

• FIX: The audio dropout issue which was introduced in 0.7.2 should now be fixed.
  • FIX: The corrupted German MediaStream strings.
  • FIX: File size reporting bug in HTTP API has really been fixed this time.
  • FIX: Some tweaks to “album artist” tags in Plex Media Server iTunes module. Thanks to zanex for helping explain what was wrong.
  • FIX: Certain videos (FLV, YouTube, 22KHz MP3 tracks) played back at double-speed. Thanks to Ryan for explaining how to fix this one.

Release is here, and source is here.

This is Barkley on one of the first days after we moved to Maui.

40D-5412 (1).jpg

1. Jonathane December 26th, 2008 2:01 pm

Wow, you’re on fire man! First no release for weeks and now lots of them in few days. But thanks for the fixes :)

2. VeL December 26th, 2008 2:07 pm

Amazing App, Ty.

3. Dex. December 26th, 2008 5:06 pm

Thanks.

Still no scrobbling to my last.fm via media server, but I will post it through the forums. If I remember… It is nighttime in Norway..

4. erik December 26th, 2008 7:27 pm

Would it be possible to get an md5, sha1, or sha256 sum for the dmgs?

5. elan December 26th, 2008 9:08 pm

@erik: SHA1 for this release is 5eda4d2ea83b0b8dcd07585e308caf7a81828f52.

6. Patrik Wallström December 26th, 2008 10:36 pm

My Apple remote stopped working with this update…

7. Cecil Jurgensen December 27th, 2008 12:42 am

Yay. FLV Playback fixed. As per… You rock. Love the work brother.

Nice photo. What camera you got?

8. erik December 27th, 2008 3:49 pm

9. BD December 27th, 2008 7:48 pm

Very cool app. Looks amazing on my TV and offers much more than front row! Please keep up the great work.

10. Chris Weeks December 28th, 2008 7:59 am

Thank you for all the hard work you have put into this great project!

11. Thangrim December 28th, 2008 10:15 am

Thanks a lot for fixing the German strings, had to change it every release by myself :)

12. elan December 28th, 2008 12:18 pm

@Cecil Jurgensen: Thanks! The photo was taken with a Canon 20D + 17-55mm EF-S lens.

13. ebt December 28th, 2008 4:26 pm

“and finding that the two activities mix well.”

Have you forgotten this: “Release 0.5.21: Drunk enough to know better”?

I’m just kidding.
    Thankyou for the continuing dedication to a fantastic application. Keep up the good work.

14. Edmond December 29th, 2008 8:49 am

Man, this is awesome!

keep kickin ass.

15. c-boy December 29th, 2008 9:11 pm

howzit, thanks for such a great program!!

i didnt know you lived in Hawaii!

Oahu boy here….

16. kanjian66 January 2nd, 2009 9:46 am

it’s from china,i could hear the audio when i using the 0.7.1.but update to 0.7.5 can not.why? please tell me how to setup audio!

17. Stef January 2nd, 2009 12:06 pm

Great! All it needs now is volume “overclocking” ( like VLC does ). It’s the only thing keeping me from using Plex full time.

18. Mike January 3rd, 2009 10:12 am

Thanks, I’m going to give this a shot. BTW, nice picture of Barkley! I vote for more dog pictures in Plex. :)

19. zAo January 3rd, 2009 10:26 am

How can I run MediaServer on a OSX machine, without running Plex?

20. pippo January 4th, 2009 8:36 am

Hello. I don’t seem able anymore to view Trailers from a movie’s information window. Of course I have enabled the “trailers” button when I set the contents for the source, I wonder whether it is a regression introduced with this release, or whether I missed some obvious thing in the new (wrt to version 0.5..) configuration menus. Thanks for your help. Plex is really great.

21. pletopia January 5th, 2009 2:30 pm

@pippo: i read about this on xbmc’s forums also .. apparently because of the way imdb.com does trailers changed and older scrapper versions don’t work anymore .. the latest scrappers in their svn tree work from what i’ve read so maybe next update when elan pulls the latest changes from them it will work in plex too :)

22. fall-line January 7th, 2009 6:57 am

Finally got around to updating to 0.7.5 (from 0.5.22) last night. I hesitated due to a few issues I had read about on the forums but WOW – am I glad I went for it.

My harmony remote setup was a breeze and it works much better now with the support introduced in 0.7.x.

Loving other new features as well – very pleased!

23. Kinou January 8th, 2009 12:54 am

Congratulations for this new release and all the hard work put in this project.

24. Rage January 8th, 2009 2:51 pm

It looks like the link for downloading this release is broken. Anyone able to post the .dmg file on rapidshare or a similar site?

25. elan January 8th, 2009 3:01 pm

@Rage: Fixed now, sorry!

26. rfritz January 9th, 2009 7:18 am

Oh yeah the Harmony update is so nice. That feature is only overshadowed by the digital audio support. My one question is, what the heck were you were feeding that dog to make such an impressive movement? I can see why he’s guarding it…

27. Timothy January 16th, 2009 11:09 am

Why does the timestamp on the application show created May 1, 2008, Modified on July 28th, 2008?

28. Olle January 19th, 2009 5:11 am

Can’t wait for the Mac Mini to be released. That’s the only thing that’s holding me back from going Plex 24/7 :-)

29. bob January 26th, 2009 7:57 am

Can’t seem to get the source…
    The link you posted returns a 404

30. elan January 26th, 2009 9:11 am

@bob: Yeah, something appears to be broken on Github. You can visit http://github.com/elan/plex/tree/v0.7 for now, and also, in the Plex -> About menu, where it says something like “Version 0.7.5-75abcc4″ that last part is the SHA of the source used to build the release.

31. spencer January 29th, 2009 7:07 am

barkley is such a cutie

32. pippo January 31st, 2009 5:37 pm

Hello.

I would like to ask whether the developers are aware of problems with vobsub subtitles: most of the time the subtitles are rendered on top of each other (ie without clearing the previous ones) and for all languages at the same time, sometimes they just freeze Plex (onscreen message: buffering), and then a “force quit” is the only way out. I could not determine a pattern for the freezes.

33. pletopia February 1st, 2009 11:32 am

pretty sure they know about it .. been lots of forum posts about it .. its a known issue with xbmc as far as i’ve read .. surprised its been a “bug” for so long though

34. spacemessage February 2nd, 2009 3:29 am

i have a Problem with the visulation in the Version 7.5, i want to change the Option, that enables visulation when a song is selected to be played. When I select no visulation it always comes the player, and i have to go to the paylist and then to get out to the menu.
    Then there ist he Problem that the Screensaver comes after 12sec, automaticly if a mp3 Song is played. I want to change this Preferences, but there is no Option to do that. Can you help me please?

And i’am still waiting for the fully Support of Blue-Rays with Menu. Is there a cance to get this Option such as it is made with the DVD- Support?

greetings spacemessage